What is the highest lofted wedge you bag and why?

54* is my highest lofted club

I carried a 60° wedge for years, but now a 58° is the highest degree wedge that I have since I bought new irons a couple years back. I love it and use it for full shots from about 95 yards and also for anything around the green. I usually use my 54° for partial wedge shots.

Interesting for someone of your skill level....... That's probably something we higher handicappers should pause and think about.....

I honestly don't think HC has anything to do with it. Just depends on what fits you and what you are good with.

60* I hit it from 95 and under and 50% of my chips with it. I have tried 62* and 64* but 60* is versatile for me and with our firm fairways, I think it's easier to hit a good shots. When I play in other states, I may limit my full shots to my 56* if conditions are softer.

Interesting for someone of your skill level....... That's probably something we higher handicappers should pause and think about.....
More important than handicap is course conditions that you play in. As well as comfort level when using a wedge.

SW with 56-degrees loft. Carried a 60-degree wedge for a short while and it was essentially useless to me because the 56-degree SW did the same job just as well if not better.

I bag a 58, but sometimes I take that out and add a hybrid and I only play a 54, or I play a 56... depends on course and conditions.

I've preached for years that people carry too much loft in their wedges. My 54 can be opened all the way for a soft flop or shut down for a low runner.
I honestly don't think HC has anything to do with it. Just depends on what fits you and what you are good with.
I agree hdcp has little to do with it but skill level has everything to do with it. Although I know very fee low caps that don't have solid short games.

More important than handicap is course conditions that you play in. As well as comfort level when using a wedge.
Can you explain to me what course conditions have to do with ones wedge choice.

Can you explain to me what course conditions have to do with ones wedge choice.

I think I can help with this. Different grind options and shapes will interact with turf differently. Therefore if someone is used to lush and thick bermuda they might want one wedge and if they play something like rock hard tight lies, they may want something else. Hopkins Golf has some good explanations of this on their website.

60*. Use it for pitches, runners, out of the sand, flops, etc.

I carry a 64° that's my first choice around the greens to get it close (depending on the lie of course)

60* for me. Use it with full swings and for different chips.

I have a 54 & 58 but use the 54.
My upcoming set will be a 56 Ping Glide as my highest.

for me it's the 58*. I use it out of the sand.

58 degree for me since its Versitale around the greens and it fits nicely in my distance matrix.

56*. I don't have the swing for full swing wedge beyond 50* or so. Typically I try to lay up to pitching wedge distance, I'll pull a 50* for chipping duty, and 56* for sand or if I need a higher chip with less roll.

This is exactly what I do, my gaps are 45, 50, 56

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58*; I can open it up and flop just as easily as with a 60* but still can hit it far enough to make sense having it in the bag.

My highest lofted wedge use to be a 56*. But I have since dumped my 3&5 woods for a 4 wood. I had an extra spot in the bag so I picked up a 60* wedge for flop shots around the green or if I need to hit over a tree..

Because it goes high. Or really low. Depends on whether I come under the ball or blade it.

I carry a 58 degree and rarely use it. I could very well get by without it, but it is needed now and then.

How things change. I'm now down to a 56 degree. Both my 58 and 60 degree wedges are on time out. Just have a need for them. I can do everything I need with a 56.

Carry 45,50 and 56. Tried both 58 and 60 and those were seldom used. Don't have the technique around the greens for the higher lofted wedges. If there is no obstacles I often choose a 45 to let it roll out with a bump and run shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58° because I have a mental problem when it comes to hitting a 60° wedge. I used to have one years ago and it was great, until I started blading nearly every shot, tried a different one but had same results. Decided to go to 58° and have never looked back. I've tried hitting other peoples 60° wedges but still can't hit them, weird, lol.

60 because I have zero confidence opening the face of my 56. But I too rarely use my 60 because its not often I had to get up and down over a bunker to a front pin position.

Back