What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steak burrito from chipotle. My one day to eat unhealthy.

Steak burrito from chipotle. My one day to eat unhealthy.

That's what I get. With extra rice. And pinto beans. And cheese. And extra cheese. And sometimes a little bit of lettuce.

That's what I get. With extra rice. And pinto beans. And cheese. And extra cheese. And sometimes a little bit of lettuce.

I go rice, fresh tomato salsa, extra cheese, and lettuce. Boy it's tasty!

This was from Sunday:

171065_1689172762397_1630050006_1580434_3219886_o.jpg

Breaded pork chops and Loaded Casserole Potatoes.

Kevin

Kevin

Man Kevin, I would kill to have these nice dinners every evening!

Man Kevin, I would kill to have these nice dinners every evening!

The potatoes were courtesy of Elizabeth Crocker. LOL. I made the chops. I've been cooking a lot. My business is really slow so we've been shopping smart and eating at home. Great deal on the chops today.

Kevin

Kevin

What are breaded porkchops like?
We only ever grill them.

What are breaded porkchops like?
We only ever grill them.

They're awesome. Crunchy on the outside, juicy on the inside. I pound on 'em a little before breading them so they're nice and tender.

Kevin

Ohh I see.
What cut of meat do you use?
We buy what is essentially an entire striploin roast and then cut it down into our own pork chops that are about 1.25-1.5" thick.

Ohh I see.
What cut of meat do you use?
We buy what is essentially an entire striploin roast and then cut it down into our own pork chops that are about 1.25-1.5" thick.

That would be way too thick. The breading would burn before the chops were cooked. I just buy whatever is on sale. Today were boneless strip chops about a half an inch thick. Then I beat them, dredge in seasoned flour, moisten in egg wash, coat in seasoned bread crumbs, then fry until brown on each side. It's not fancy or tricky, but I love 'em with some kind of creamy noodles or potatoes. Good with an Alfredo sauce, too. Comfort food.

Kevin

Firehouse Sub. Turkey, ham, and bacon. Yum!

corn dogs... was way too lazy to cook anything

Mmmmmm, good.

Only thing missing is a little blood on the plate.

Haha that was poured on moments after this picture was taken!
Wait till I upload what's in store for this weekend... :devil:

Made a pot of tomato sauce last night for some stuffed shells I plan on making Sunday...

Didn't feel like making anything too labor-intensive for dinner so I just made some hot dogs when the thought hit me...instead of ketchup, mustard, chili, etc. on the dogs I put some of the tomato sauce and cheese on the dogs...

Hot Dog Parmesan, soon to be featured in my cookbook titled "Ghetto Gourmet":
View attachment 1986

put some ribs in the crock pot for tonight, can't wait to get home

Because of my meatless day, I have purchased redemption!
20lbs of pork to use as roasts or pork chops, and 6 steaks!

IMG_0102.jpg

We ate at Subway tonight.

last night was digiorno with added cheese pepperoni and onions

pizza last night

My wife and I got a baby sitter and are heading out with another couple to a restaurant in the Italian section of St. Louis call The Hill. Some fantastic Italian food in the area if you are ever in St. Louis and in the mood.

Chili, made it this morning and it has been simmering for a few hours now. My wife is going to make some buttermilk biscuits to go with it and that will be some good eats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back