What's the one fashion rule you can't follow?

JLit

Reaction score
Handicap
This can apply to both golf and everyday fashion. What's the one rule that you have to break?

For me, it's matching my socks to my pants if I'm wearing anything other than black or gray slacks. Throw tan slacks in there and I'm always breaking this rule. Just can't do it because I can't stand how it looks. Anyone else like me?

On the course however, I never follow this. I'm always wearing no-show or low-cut black athletic socks playing golf. Anyone wearing dress socks and following this rule even on the course?

I wear stupid color socks every day with my work attire.

I have one pair of golf shoes that don't match with any of my outfits.

Yea, the shoes matching the outfit thing is a problem of mine quite often. I tend to stick with comfort over style with shoes though.

If my wife isn't around to help me, I'm not sure I can follow ANY fashion rule.

This can apply to both golf and everyday fashion. What's the one rule that you have to break?

For me, it's matching my socks to my pants if I'm wearing anything other than black or gray slacks. Throw tan slacks in there and I'm always breaking this rule. Just can't do it because I can't stand how it looks. Anyone else like me?

On the course however, I never follow this. I'm always wearing no-show or low-cut black athletic socks playing golf. Anyone wearing dress socks and following this rule even on the course?

i'm right there with you JLit. i don't wear any color socks, other than black. can't do it. nope. can't.

I wear stupid color socks every day with my work attire.

you're a slave to the man.

Dress socks. I just wear black quarter length dri-fits and I'm happier for it

For work I wear black trousers wit black shoes, so anything other than black socks wouldn't seem right to me

On the course, it depends what trousers I am wearing, if I am wearing a black pair then I will wear either a black pair to match the trousers or a white pair to match the shoes but it doesn't matter too much as the trousers are very long and sit just above the ground (although this is a pain when the ground is wet) so they don't show anyway. If I am wearing a grey pair then I tend to wear white socks as I don't think I have got any grey ones left in the drawer.....

Casual, will depend on what I am wearing and what is on my feet, but my socks will match either clothes or shoes - I couldn't wear blue jeans, tan shoes and black socks

Mixing plaid and stripes, and sometimes socks with sandals. But that last one is just because I'm lazy.

It was so much easier when Uncle Sam told me what to wear, but 4 years post service time, I'm finally getting the hang of it, I think. I do match my socks to my pants, though...browns, blues, black, etc.

Mixing plaid and stripes, and sometimes socks with sandals. But that last one is just because I'm lazy.

I like socks with my Birkenstocks sometimes, but especially at the course when I'm taking off my golf shoes.

I am far from fashionable, so I pretty much just try to keep it simple and make sure that I don't look like a clown college refugee.

Yea, the shoes matching the outfit thing is a problem of mine quite often. I tend to stick with comfort over style with shoes though.
Same here Ryan, when I try to go with style it's always at the expense of comfort, if the colors or accents are perfect, I don't mind as they as they feel good while walking and playing!

It was so much easier when Uncle Sam told me what to wear, but 4 years post service time, I'm finally getting the hang of it, I think. I do match my socks to my pants, though...browns, blues, black, etc.

Thank you for your service Brotha.
I had the same issue going on for a while lol

If my wife isn't around to help me, I'm not sure I can follow ANY fashion rule.

This is exactly me I told her last night that I wanted her to pick out my Branson attire.

I always use black socks, and if not, I wear golf socks.

Belt & shoes must match and/or non plaids with stripes (shirt to pant or vice versa)

Good subject !!

My rule is dont golf naked. It's one I try to abide by strenuously.

Seriously though, probably belt to shoes, that's thanks to One-T wising me up as far as fashion goes, I had no clue and he taught me a lot.

Falling into the white belt too often. Would love to have multiple belts to match different shirts, but the result is always just using a white one.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

My shoes are blue. There's no matching a belt to that.

All my golfing socks are no-show length, so it looks like I have no socks on at all. Not so bad in shorts, but it looks like a bit of a faux pas in trousers.

I have to say I mix plaid with stripes all the time. And I pretty much only ever wear black ankle socks that nobody can see anyway. Makes a lot of people think I don't wear any socks.

I do not wear anything pink, no matter what the circumstance.

Really don't understand why people have to match shoes and belts. I certainly don't do it, i only have white shoes so that fixes that

Comfort over style in everything for me. Everything.

Matching my shoes to my outfits. I have one pair of shoes I LOVE to walk in (Adidas Puremotion) and I pretty much only walk, I wear them with whatever I wear and will do the same when I get another pair of super comfy shoes to replace them.

Back