Where Did You Play Today?

Yesterday, Northshore Country Club, Sneads Ferry NC.
NorthshoreCountryClub6-28-13_zps144f62d9.jpg

Yesterday I had the pleasure of playing at North Ridge country club in Raleigh, NC.

Meadowbrook golf course in Fort Worth Texas.

Its been awhile since my last time out there... How is it?

Greens are in good condition, quite deceptive and tough to read. Fairways are good, really no complaints. Solid value for the $$$. $25 walking today.

The last round I played was at Long Island National Golf Club. The course was fantastic and quickly became one of my favorites. It was also just sold due to bankruptcy and it looks like it will remain a golf course and not become condos.

I met a couple of friends at Circling Hills in Harrison, Ohio. Its north of Cincinnati just east of the Indiana state line off I74. One friend came over from Indianapolis about an hour drive. It was just under an hour from my home in Wilmington. It bills itself as a "links style" course and indeed it is. Plenty moguls and added dirt to give some contour to what was probably a rolling farm field a decade or so ago. It was in excellent condition. Played about 6300 yards from the tips. The front 9 is a little tight with tee boxes and greens often near each other. The houses around the course are not really in play but are in view and a little distracting at times. There are 6 holes on the east side of the road adjoining that side of the front 9. Watch out on No. 11. It requires a tight tee ball to a deep green from 219 yards at the rear tee box. There were trees down the left side of the hole. Two of us snap hooked our hybrids into those trees and once we got up there realized that a house sits just on the other side of the trees. Both balls had to be in the yard but we had been warned to stay out of yards.

The rest of the holes on that side of the road were the best of the course as there were creeks running thru that side. Also a nearby airport was active with small planes coming & going all day. We had a couple of rain delays on the back, 10-15 minutes each time. The 2nd we sat under a tree next to the 17th tee box. The course was quite wet after that and any decent play was futile.

Overall a nice course with easy access. Everyone was friendly. Had a good day with some old friends.

I met a couple of friends at Circling Hills in Harrison, Ohio. Its north of Cincinnati just east of the Indiana state line off I74. One friend came over from Indianapolis about an hour drive. It was just under an hour from my home in Wilmington. It bills itself as a "links style" course and indeed it is. Plenty moguls and added dirt to give some contour to what was probably a rolling farm field a decade or so ago. It was in excellent condition. Played about 6300 yards from the tips. The front 9 is a little tight with tee boxes and greens often near each other. The houses around the course are not really in play but are in view and a little distracting at times. There are 6 holes on the east side of the road adjoining that side of the front 9. Watch out on No. 11. It requires a tight tee ball to a deep green from 219 yards at the rear tee box. There were trees down the left side of the hole. Two of us snap hooked our hybrids into those trees and once we got up there realized that a house sits just on the other side of the trees. Both balls had to be in the yard but we had been warned to stay out of yards.

The rest of the holes on that side of the road were the best of the course as there were creeks running thru that side. Also a nearby airport was active with small planes coming & going all day. We had a couple of rain delays on the back, 10-15 minutes each time. The 2nd we sat under a tree next to the 17th tee box. The course was quite wet after that and any decent play was futile.

Overall a nice course with easy access. Everyone was friendly. Had a good day with some old friends.

What kind of price did they have for a saturday morning?

"Bridges at Gunter" Course near home. Have no idea why they call it Bridges. I think there are two small ones on the course. everything else is typical N. Texas.
Played horrible..just horrible.

Soooo... I guess I will go back tomorrow afternoon, lol. if nothing else, will get more used to putting the fast greens. Provided I throw a ball on them....

Playing at Pecan Valley today, Hills course, in Fort Worth.

Headed back over to Oak Hollow today. Looking forward to meeting a new THPer. Jlit and his brother are coming up to join a buddy and I.

Cape Fear National in Leland, NC. Great course, tough, and in great shape.

Played the inside course at the base with MikeDean!

Was my first time playing the course and its a nice track to walk. Fairways and greens were in good shape, greens were soft from all the rain we had this morning and didn't break as much as read.

Painted Hills with TH.

Swansea CC in Swansea, MA yesterday, Montaup CC in Portsmouth, RI (weather permitting) after work today

Saturday we played at Orange Lake Legends. I took some pictures, but the weather was so bad all around us that they didn't turn out very well. We miraculously survived 36 holes without getting wet while the entire area around us got drenched.

Played at Evergreen Golf Course in Mt. Angel, Oregon. 9 hole course, but full yardage and leaves me room for my drives!!!

Played The Royal Virginian Golf Course Saturday and Meadows Farms on Sunday

I played with atom bomb at sunset golf course here in Pa

Last edited:
Yesterday I played at my home course Como Park Golf Course.

Yesterday played Eagle Glenn in farewell, MI, as well as Bucks Run in Mt. pleasant, MI.

WOW! Bucks run is a fun course!

Short hitter with a big heart, that would take being a big hitter with no heart.
The world loves BIG hitters!

Back