Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

One quick note. If you are bringing family or a guest there will be a small additional charge for the two THP buffet dinners.

Sweet 16! Legacy! What are your visions? Where are you going to focus your prep energy on? Who's been looking over equipment? Who's been playing matches in there heads? What kind of playing partner fits you best? Tons of questions fellas. Kick it up a notch. Talk it up right here and in the appropriate threads. The grind is real!

What are your visions?--Winning!
Where are you going to focus your prep energy on?--Destroying Ricky
Who's been looking over equipment? --Nope
Who's been playing matches in there heads?-Not yet
What kind of playing partner fits you best?--One that drives the cart fast, parks in shade and keep me hydrated

Obviously my answers will be less fun than all of urs

I've been working on two things:

1. Better ball striking (a.k.a. not sucky ball striking)
2. Mental toughness

#2 is a big one for me. There's only so much I can do with my swing in the few months between now and then, but I can do a lot to practice both coping with pressure and not getting freaked out about forced carries.

I've been working on two things:

1. Better ball striking (a.k.a. not sucky ball striking)
2. Mental toughness

#2 is a big one for me. There's only so much I can do with my swing in the few months between now and then, but I can do a lot to practice both coping with pressure and not getting freaked out about forced carries.

Easier said than done but stay in the now! After a good or bad shot you give yourself 10 steps to praise or be pissed that's it! After those 10 steps start focusing on the next shot. Not the next hole or what you have to do to make up a bad shot just the next shot! 10 steps is all you get to reflect and move on!

As it pertains to your teams, here are two rules.

1. Your captain is always right
2. If your captain is wrong, remember rule #1.

Easier said than done but stay in the now! After a good or bad shot you give yourself 10 steps to praise or be pissed that's it! After those 10 steps start focusing on the next shot. Not the next hole or what you have to do to make up a bad shot just the next shot! 10 steps is all you get to reflect and move on!
This is exactly what I'm working on. :D

Turns out I can practice it at practice. When I start hitting badly, it gives me an opportunity to recognize that I'm beating up on myself, take a step back, and try again.

This is exactly what I'm working on. :D

Turns out I can practice it at practice. When I start hitting badly, it gives me an opportunity to recognize that I'm beating up on myself, take a step back, and try again.

Good. Golf is a game of highs and lows and if you ponder either too long you will forget about what needs to be done now. Last week was a perfect example of how the pros stay in the now. Keep working on it and by the end of July it will be natural for you to reflect and move on

And pray that there at least 10 steps to your next shot... If not then divert to the 10 second rule of pondering that last swing then forget about it and move on to the next shot which could potentially be the best ball strike of your life!

And pray that there at least 10 steps to your next shot... If not then divert to the 10 second rule of pondering that last swing then forget about it and move on to the next shot which could potentially be the best ball strike of your life!
LOL if it happens on the tee box, just claim you lost it and hit 3 off the tee. :D

"Ball? What ball? Oh that? That's not my ball."

Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

1. I plan on putting a great deal of focus on my short game.

2. Meeting with an instructor within the next two weeks to grove my swing a little more

3. Work on the Mental side of game. Not allowing one bad shot to define my game or my legacy.

Considering putting a video journal together to record my progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the seven wins I have on those two courses have anything to do with my skin colour. That's my #THPLegacy. What will yours be?

I think mine does.....I have 0 wins..... I should find the number for Jessie Jackson.... :alien:

As it pertains to your teams, here are two rules.

1. Your captain is always right
2. If your captain is wrong, remember rule #1.
What if your captain insists on pleated shorts? Asking for a friend.

I think mine does.....I have 0 wins..... I should find the number for Jessie Jackson.... :alien:

Dont forget about #BrokenIron Lolz

Sweet 16! Yes indeed!
Legacy! It's here!
What are your visions? Playing the absolute best golf I can play that weekend. Making new friends. WINNING!
Where are you going to focus your prep energy on? Short game consistency...
Who's been looking over equipment? Me... still undecided but have a few ideas floating around
Who's been playing matches in there heads? Not so much matches, just approaching every shot as if it really matters and not so much just "playing golf"
What kind of playing partner fits you best? A guy that has fun and doesn't have an anger issue. I'm pretty laid back but when it's competition I put a lot more pressure on myself and may need someone to tell me to relax a times.

Tons of questions fellas. Kick it up a notch. Talk it up right here and in the appropriate threads. The grind is real!

What are your visions? I've had one constant vision, which is sinking a 15 footer on the 18th to win the Legacy for my team.
Where are you going to focus your prep energy on? Lots of things. Short game, probably because everyone says short game is key. But whoever ends up on my team, please do not underestimate the power of a solid mental game. Whoever is not on my team, just know that when you hit one bad shot, please swear, hang your head, and remember that shot when you step up to the next one.
Who's been playing matches in there heads? I haven't, but I have a fair amount of match play that will be played prior to this event.
What kind of playing partner fits you best? A guy that has fun and doesn't have an anger issue. I'm pretty laid back but when it's competition I put a lot more pressure on myself and may need someone to tell me to relax a times I know I play differently when I'm in competition, but I wouldn't say that I put more pressure on myself. I have a lot more mental focus, and I use that mental focus to determine what shot has the best odds of success when comparing the risk of other shot types (particularly in the short game area). My mental game has a huge effect on my course management, but I do nothing to increase pressure on myself. So relax, the score will come to you, just play the game and make smart decisions.

~Rock

When I get home from work Im going to sit down and figure out a legit routine and practice schedule that I will be able to stick to.

I am happy for all of you who got into this great event, but, sad that I won't be there with you. Enjoy the ride all the way, guys. Getting there is half the fun. Look forward to following your journey.

I don't think the seven wins I have on those two courses have anything to do with my skin colour. That's my #THPLegacy. What will yours be?
1-0 with a good tan. :D

#MessingWithNortherners

My schedule just unexpectedly opened up this afternoon, so looks like I'm going to have a chance to go get some THPLegacy prep work in this afternoon before heading out of town.

Back