Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

They are absolutely awesome, and they WILL test you.

The boys better not be warming up on low slope courses.. TB and Cale has the tendency to eat mistake makers alive.

#VanityCappersBeware

That's for you to work out with your partner buddy. Personally I can't stand apologies - I hear a lot of them in team formats and it drives me bonkers.

We are the golfer we are - That is dictated by the effort we put in before we arrive at the event. You want to apologize to me, do it when you arrive to the event if you haven't worked hard to that point. Otherwise, let it ride and enjoy the experience. --- But that's just me!

Aren't you Canadian? Is that why you aren't there anymore? They kicked you out for not saying sorry?

Thinking I will need to make a trip down shortly to check the courses out before July. They look amazing in pictures can't wait to see them in person
Great Freak'n tracks. So different and so challenging.

Ok, I'm convinced. It's 4 hours each way, but I'll be on Tybee Island in May, and I'm going to have to get up there to play. That will give me some prep time to know what needs work (or what I can do to survive) before July.

Ok, I'm convinced. It's 4 hours each way, but I'll be on Tybee Island in May, and I'm going to have to get up there to play. That will give me some prep time to know what needs work (or what I can do to survive) before July.

Nice! I would recommend picking up a yardage book while there and taking lots of notes. Should be a good reality check for you with ample time to work on some things before the event.

I doubt I'll be able to make a trip there before that weekend but I have a few local courses that I only play once a year that really test my swing. I also will be playing Olde Silo, Olde Stonewall, Sweetbriar and Legacy all which I've never played. I don't know how "hard" those courses are compared to Caldonia/True Blue, but they will give me a good idea along the way about how my game is coming along and how well my HCP is traveling. I will also play a practice round on each course on that Wed/Thurs. Time to get practicing!

Played 18 today with my father in law and his friend as they wanted to play 9's on the back nine. I imagined every shot was for my team in #THPLegacy, beat them both up. Made me pretty happy.

Might have to do that myself. Playing another 18 today, and my goal is to shoot under my handicap. I'm going to put the added pressure of putting it in my mind that I am in Myrtle Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping to get out to the course today. It may be too wet for carts, but I could at least get some short game work in....if I can ever leave work today.

~Rock

I doubt I'll be able to make a trip there before that weekend but I have a few local courses that I only play once a year that really test my swing. I also will be playing Olde Silo, Olde Stonewall, Sweetbriar and Legacy all which I've never played. I don't know how "hard" those courses are compared to Caldonia/True Blue, but they will give me a good idea along the way about how my game is coming along and how well my HCP is traveling. I will also play a practice round on each course on that Wed/Thurs. Time to get practicing!

Based on what I know, I think those first 2 you listed will get you in the ballpark somewhat, minus the traps you can drive in and a different kind of rough.

drizzling and 68 degrees here today in Richmond...sounds like a perfect day to sneak out around lunch time and hit the covered range!

drizzling and 68 degrees here today in Richmond...sounds like a perfect day to sneak out around lunch time and hit the covered range!
I am hitting the range after work today. Great day for it. Been a while since I made a special trip just for the range

Foggy here today but it's gonna be 70 by around 3 pm. I'm definitely heading out early today to hit the range.
Yep. Amazing weather today. I'll be getting in 18 tonight.

I got in 9 yesterday afternoon, but it was super soggy & cart path only. The good thing about cart path only is that it made me really focus on placing my tee shots. Rather than play for the entire fairway, I narrowed my target to 10yds from the path.

Team Dev had a good conference call last night and went over alot of things (probably too many..haha) I feel like we are all on the same page and am really excited for what the next 5 months hold for these guys. I have a feeling this is going to be a really special group of guys.

Nice buddy! I hit the range today for 90 minutes and hit two large buckets. One was dedicated to my wedges with targets ranging from 125 yards to 70 yards. Second bucket was 5 iron, 7 iron and Driver.

My driver accuracy with this new J715 is so solid. I wish I'd had this thing in the bag all my life! The 5 iron was a little off today but I know I can tighten that up with a proper fitting on these clubs. 7 iron was really good, hitting out to a 165 yard target. The best part of my session was the wedges, though. I felt really confident hitting to those targets.

We need to get out soon. Are you allowed to bring guests to your club?

Orange Hog- have you hit the J815 yet? Curious on your thoughts if you have. The other clubs you hit... are they the ones listed in your sig or are they Bridgestones?

Currently eyeing a couple of wilson demo day events. Going to make at least one of them to try some things out.

~Rock

Just a heads up to those scheduling fittings and thinking about gear. Please be aware, THP has not announced what clubs will be available, options, etc. We would hate for someone to get fit for something and then be upset if its not available.

Just a heads up to those scheduling fittings and thinking about gear. Please be aware, THP has not announced what clubs will be available, options, etc. We would hate for someone to get fit for something and then be upset if its not available.
Thanks for the heads up JB! Would be a shame to drive to Seattle for a useless fitting.

Damn, I had my ladies D200s all specced out.

Okay... so now I can scratch "worry about what clubs you want to get fitted for" off the list. At least for today.

Do we know when an announcement will be made concerning the equipment?

Do we? Yes.
Do you guys, not at all. :angel:

Do you ever get "repaid" at these events from guys that you do this too? LOL I'm guessing "all is forgotten" as time goes on :angel:? This did make me laugh though!

Back