Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

I know it is early in the process but I just want to take a post and thank everyone that is making this event possible. The great staff at THP, Bridgestone Golf, Lamkin, KBS and Wilson. Also can't wait to see what appears to be an amazing venue. This is sure to be a heck of a ride. In a few months 16 new Legacy's will have been forged and added to the already great Legacy of THP.

Also the thing that makes the event even more special is to be able to share it with the community. None of this is possible without all the great members we have here.Thank you to everyone that is following along and driving all of us to create our Legacy.

The lead up to the event is so much fun and then you get to True Blue and Caledonia and however great you thought the event was going to be doesn't even touch what the actual experience is.

I'm not going to lie, but from what everyone is saying (and the pictures), I think driving up to Caledonia will be one of the highlights of my life.

~Rock

so Wednesday as I previously mentioned, i was at the range, and was hitting my irons fine, but could not hit a tee shot for my life. Thought of every swing thought i have worked on in the past and nothing was working. I was getting frustrated because I had been hitting driver pretty well the last round I played, and knew i had a tournament this weekend.

Just got back from a light range session, and after about 10 warm up PW's, went straight to the driver. As I was teeing up, I thought that maybe I was too close to the ball...something I didn't consider the other day. Backed up maybe 2 inches...and nothing but stripes off the tee. The grin on my face could not be missed. What a silly thing on my part to not have considered. And to go from utter frustration two days ago to the feeling I have now... I'm still smiling. Course, let me check back in around 2pm tomorrow after my round and see if it stays like that.

so Wednesday as I previously mentioned, i was at the range, and was hitting my irons fine, but could not hit a tee shot for my life. Thought of every swing thought i have worked on in the past and nothing was working. I was getting frustrated because I had been hitting driver pretty well the last round I played, and knew i had a tournament this weekend.

Just got back from a light range session, and after about 10 warm up PW's, went straight to the driver. As I was teeing up, I thought that maybe I was too close to the ball...something I didn't consider the other day. Backed up maybe 2 inches...and nothing but stripes off the tee. The grin on my face could not be missed. What a silly thing on my part to not have considered. And to go from utter frustration two days ago to the feeling I have now... I'm still smiling. Course, let me check back in around 2pm tomorrow after my round and see if it stays like that.

These will be your friend: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Blazer-I...-Round-Orange-Fiberglass-Rod-381ODM/202498049

I bring them to the range with me to make sure my alignment is right and I am consistently at the right distance from the ball (for me).

These will be your friend: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Blazer-I...-Round-Orange-Fiberglass-Rod-381ODM/202498049

I bring them to the range with me to make sure my alignment is right and I am consistently at the right distance from the ball (for me).

Not to make myself look like even more of an idiot...but I actually have alignment aids that came with my Tour Academy box. I don't think I've ever taken them out of the box. Lesson learned. They'll be with me for now on.

The lead up to the event is so much fun and then you get to True Blue and Caledonia and however great you thought the event was going to be doesn't even touch what the actual experience is.

Goosebumps...

Getting into this tournament has been so inspiring. I find myself thinking every day about what I can do to create my legacy. It's motivation to get out and practice, to do physical fitness, to read books, and to constantly try to find ways to improve my game.

I find myself wanting to go out a practice and play every single day to create my #THPLegacy. I mean don't get me wrong prior to this, I would play everyday if I could. Now I see this light, and all I want to do is get there, represent the team, and create my #THPLegacy.

I find myself wanting to go out a practice and play every single day to create my #THPLegacy. I mean don't get me wrong prior to this, I would play everyday if I could. Now I see this light, and all I want to do is get there, represent the team, and create my #THPLegacy.
If feels pretty damn good to have this kind of motivation doesn't it? Practicing and playing with a purpose feels so different. Enjoy it buddy.

I am sure I will say this plenty of times before July, but I am so damn proud of my team. It's early in the process but they are all grinding and working on all aspects of their games. Asking questions is something I always look for because it shows a willingness to learn and get better and they have that ten fold.

I wonder who will be the person(s) that goes out and buys their clubs ahead of time to "practice" with them, not knowing what clubs they will be playing? There is always at least 1.

Damn, I just bought two drivers and a wedge to get in some practice....oh where you talking about guys that are in playing. Never mind, disregard what you've read.:act-up:
I wonder who will be the person(s) that goes out and buys their clubs ahead of time to "practice" with them, not knowing what clubs they will be playing? There is always at least 1.

I gave my team the equipment disclaimer lol

I don't know what clubs will be available to us for sure, but I can tell you that my gamer set includes a Wilson Staff driver, hybrid and irons. It was more a case of me using the discount from Personal Distance though, and I haven't purchased anything since being selected for #THPLegacy .

Purchases pre selection cant be counted against since I had a few lol

Purchases pre selection cant be counted against since I had a few lol

Correct, all pre-purchases should be immediately surrendered to your captain

I was almost that guy...but just a putter. I'm going to just focus on my swing and my game until all the equipment details are known.

I know you've hinted a few times about not knowing what clubs will be available, and that kind of teaser just has me very curious what you have up your sleeves for this event. I have no doubt it will be something great, but I'm sure the suspense is getting neat unbearable for the participants.

I am looking forward to following along with everyone's journey on this. This event is going to be special. I like the smaller field and you have 2 captains that I am proud to call both of them friends!!!

Already had j15 cbs and wedges on the way before I got in the event. So I guess it is me .

I gave my team the equipment disclaimer lol

I know you've hinted a few times about not knowing what clubs will be available, and that kind of teaser just has me very curious what you have up your sleeves for this event. I have no doubt it will be something great, but I'm sure the suspense is getting neat unbearable for the participants.

Mike did indeed provide the well-reasoned disclaimer. I always enjoy thinking about and tinkering with new equipement options, so setting aside any hard-core pondering will have me spending more effort/thought on preping for the event in general. It won't stop some equipment pondering, but no purchases for me except maybe balls and gloves.

Correct, all pre-purchases should be immediately surrendered to your captain

Always with a plan for the swag.

In seriousness, the equipment disclaimers that have come out have piqued my interest greatly. This is going to be an absolute blast to follow along with.

No pre-legacy purchases for me, except the ball. Definitely going to be trying out a couple of the Wilson Balls. In fact, I intend to only play Wilson balls. I figure with all the discussion of short game, I want to be as comfortable as possible and 'know' what the ball is going to do around the green.

~Rock

Back