Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

I wonder who will be the person(s) that goes out and buys their clubs ahead of time to "practice" with them, not knowing what clubs they will be playing? There is always at least 1.
Bought a set of D200 irons before I got in & would be gaming my Southside even if I wasn't a participant as well.

Today was a good step toward leaving my Legacy. I met my teammate, Jhoefer99 at a local practice facility and we probably actually hit too many balls. The beginning of the session was the important part for me, which is dealing with pressure. What good is lowering my handicap in a handicapped event if I can't perform my best under pressure. We played a few little games to simulate pressure, mostly involving short chips. Not only did it help expose a major flaw in my game, but it helped me deal with it and improve. When you need to hit 7 out of 10 into a small area and you have 6 in with one ball left or you have to do the drill over again, that's pressure. Let's just say Jed is ahead of me in this area of his game.

When it's all over it not who you were its wether you made a difference!

Today was a good step toward leaving my Legacy. I met my teammate, Jhoefer99 at a local practice facility and we probably actually hit too many balls. The beginning of the session was the important part for me, which is dealing with pressure. What good is lowering my handicap in a handicapped event if I can't perform my best under pressure. We played a few little games to simulate pressure, mostly involving short chips. Not only did it help expose a major flaw in my game, but it helped me deal with it and improve. When you need to hit 7 out of 10 into a small area and you have 6 in with one ball left or you have to do the drill over again, that's pressure. Let's just say Jed is ahead of me in this area of his game.
It's hard to get comfortable if you never hit the shots haha. It will only take another 2-3 solid practice sessions and you'll get very comfortable hitting those shots inside a 6-8 foot circle, which gives you a putt for par usually. It felt good to practice, I haven't in years to be honest.

Just spent a couple hours back in the garage hitting into the net with the launch monitor. Probably 2000 swings in and the new impact position is starting to feel natural, at least in the short irons. I can't believe the launch numbers I can now generate with a pitching wedge, without swinging "harder". Getting the left hand in line with the left leg at impact is creating solid impact and good dispersion too. Still a work in progress translating this success to the longer clubs, but I will continue to plug away. #THPLegacy is keeping me motivated, along with my teammates who are putting in a ton of work!

I've got to say, I'm so proud of my team and my captain. Every day I see people working hard and Dev right there motivating. I'm sure 441 is doing the same thing with his team. With me being basically a new player it's hard not to get overwhelmed sometimes. My swing feels all kinds of weird when I go to lessons, but I trust my coach and I just keep practicing what he gives me to build muscle memory that leads to a good swing. I'm seeing improvement for sure in the areas we've worked on, and I feel like it's all going to come together in the next month or two. And outside of that, I'm spending time on my short game. I'm lucky to have a couple fast, lumpy practice greens not to far from my house.

I've got to say, I'm so proud of my team and my captain. Every day I see people working hard and Dev right there motivating. I'm sure 441 is doing the same thing with his team. With me being basically a new player it's hard not to get overwhelmed sometimes. My swing feels all kinds of weird when I go to lessons, but I trust my coach and I just keep practicing what he gives me to build muscle memory that leads to a good swing. I'm seeing improvement for sure in the areas we've worked on, and I feel like it's all going to come together in the next month or two. And outside of that, I'm spending time on my short game. I'm lucky to have a couple fast, lumpy practice greens not to far from my house.

The feeling is mutual Dave. I am proud of the effort you are putting in. Just stay positive. Like everything, its a process. Golf is hard. But together as a team we are here to support and motivate you. Accountability is a big thing for me and holding yourself and each other accountable is something that I have seen already and I just sit back and smile.

A night or two ago, I had a dream about the 'Friday AM' events. Getting the equipment, looking at it all. It wasn't the most vivid dream, so I don't remember lots of it, but I definitely remember seeing my wilson clubs with Lamkin UTx grips and KBS shafts. But here is the crazy thing. I specifically remember that the shafts were C-taper lites. So I just went onto the KBS fitting page, and sure enough, that's what it recommended.

Seems like a pretty solid sign to me.

~Rock

I wonder who will be the person(s) that goes out and buys their clubs ahead of time to "practice" with them, not knowing what clubs they will be playing? There is always at least 1.
The smart one is the one buying a portable launch monitor, so he can dial in whatever clubs he gets.

Cannot wait to follow along on your journeys, this is going to be a special event.

I can't wait to hear each of your thoughts on the equipment

Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

The smart one is the one buying a portable launch monitor, so he can dial in whatever clubs he gets.

Not to worried about the equipment side of things. If I can learn to play myself and get my head in the right place the equipment will fall into place no matter what it is/how far I hit it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd argue the actual smart one is the guy who plays in as many competitive events as he possibly can between now and the Legacy.

Swing whatever club you want before the event, EVERYTHING changes when it's competition golf. There's only one way to prepare for a shot into the 18th with 20 people watching you. Unless of course you're a robot. Then you should be all set.

Coming from a guy that put a bunch of clubs in the bag the day of the event that I hadn't even seen real pictures of yet - it's not really a big deal. If you order a set that is similar to what you play now you can rest easy. I hit my driver about 10 times on the range before the MC and had a pretty good driving weekend.

I'd argue the actual smart one is the guy who plays in as many competitive events as he possibly can between now and the Legacy.

Swing whatever club you want before the event, EVERYTHING changes when it's competition golf. There's only one way to prepare for a shot into the 18th with 20 people watching you. Unless of course you're a robot. Then you should be all set.

Great post and one I agree with. I'm trying to find as many competitive events as possible to just get more adjusted to those situations. Also, I try to hit in front of a lot of people, whether or not they're watching, just to get that comfort level increased as well.

Actually I think the smart one, is the one who is working on making his swing become a repeatable swing. Equipment will fall into place. Chasing numbers can be a hinder IMO. I think a repeatable swing is much more important than "dialing" in on a monitor.

Im putting all my focus into my swing and my stroke, as well as playing some competitive events on the VGT.

If there's one thing I learned at The King its that you can worry and over think new equipment but all that matters once you're there is your swing and your mind.

Wow, backfired silly post. I don't think anybody is spending $10k+ on a launch monitor for the Legacy. Or at least I hope they aren't. Buying clubs you're hoping to get for free is silly enough.

I am teeing it up with THPers at least 5 more times before Myrtle Beach.

Taking a brief break from work... looking outside at the sunny, albeit windy/cool, day. Really want to be on a course, getting a baseline of where my game is at this point. Then make a plan for moving forward. Probably won't get in that round during the week, but it will happen sooner rather than later.

Oh yeah... #Team441!!!!

Its not warm here yet but there are spots of grass. I think about this event almost all day long. Thinking about where I want to be, how Im going to get there and trying to figure out what Im not thinking about yet that can help bring my team victory. Doin work for team441 everyday!

Its not warm here yet but there are spots of grass. I think about this event almost all day long. Thinking about where I want to be, how Im going to get there and trying to figure out what Im not thinking about yet that can help bring my team victory. Doin work for team441 everyday!
I'm not going to attempt to compare #THPLegacy to the #THPMC, but I'm starting to understand all of the talk about the importance of the journey that I have followed the last few years of the MC.

I've played in a lot of stroke play tournaments, but that was all on me. This is just so much different.

Golfers who realize their potential generally cultivate the three D's. Desire, Determination and Discipline. The 3 P's Persistence, Patience, and Practice. And finally the 3 C's. Confidence, Concentration. And Composure. That's from Dr Bob Rotella.

Golfers who realize their potential generally cultivate the three D's. Desire, Determination and Discipline. The 3 P's Persistence, Patience, and Practice. And finally the 3 C's. Confidence, Concentration. And Composure. That's from Dr Bob Rotella.

Its a good quote.
I still believe there are golfers that are mental and golfers that are not. Its both good and bad on both sides.

I would second this Capt. (You'll always be my Capt even if you can't boss me around anymore lol) Even if you get a few rounds of competitive golf in it still wont add up to the feeling you guys will get down at True Blue and Caledonia. It's a feeling that takes total concentration on every single level. I can honestly say I was just as much worn out mentally as I was physically just from how hard I was concentrating during the weekend. It's not something you can practice, but it's something everyone should think about and try to get better at!

I would second this Capt. (You'll always be my Capt even if you can't boss me around anymore lol) Even if you get a few rounds of competitive golf in it still wont add up to the feeling you guys will get down at True Blue and Caledonia. It's a feeling that takes total concentration on every single level. I can honestly say I was just as much worn out mentally as I was physically just from how hard I was concentrating during the weekend. It's not something you can practice, but it's something everyone should think about and try to get better at!
If anyone says they don't have nerves they are lying. I was standing behind you for your first tee shot at True Blue... :)

Back