RxGus

Argyle Warrior
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
Scary Site- Name, age, address, phone numbers, value of your house, relationship status, estimated credit score...

www.spokeo.com

If you can find yourself, copy your URL and click "privacy" on the bottom right. You can remove your information.

I don't really want people seeing my estimated credit score or value of my house. I just thought I would pass it on so people here can remove themselves as necessary. The removal process does work though, as mine is no longer listed.

Thanks for the info. Trying to get mine deleted but am having problems with the url they sent. I'll keep trying

I came up twice. Removed both of them. Thats a little scary.

Thanks for the info. Trying to get mine deleted but am having problems with the url they sent. I'll keep trying

It links to family members and directly to aerial satellite imagery of your house...

My info wasn't really that up-to-date, but its things like this that make me realize how much info about someone is online.
I had to try the privacy link a couple times to get it to work.

Just did it and someone else with the same name came up. Sorry buddy, hope you find out about this site.

I showed up twice as well. At my house I am at now and at the one I rented before this.

thanks for that. That was DISTURBING!

Ahh, found mysself too. that is wild. wonder how many other sites im on too.

Ahh, found mysself too. that is wild. wonder how many other sites im on too.

Probably hundreds, most likely.

Where's the privacy setting? I came up and clicked on it, when I click on links it asks me to join.

At the bottom duey.

Is this just a US thing or is it international?

EDIT: Answered my own question. I'm not on there.

It links to family members and directly to aerial satellite imagery of your house...

My info wasn't really that up-to-date, but its things like this that make me realize how much info about someone is online.
I had to try the privacy link a couple times to get it to work.

Restarted the computer in Windows and went through the deletion process again and it worked. Thanks again.

I've heard about the Reputation Defender software advertised on the radio, I wonder how good it works?

Real estate value estimates, most aren't very accurate, can be had a number of different ways, but the others being out there for the world to see is kind of crappy.

Kevin

Lots of people with the same name as me, but I am not on there. Not for any areas I have ever lived anyway.

Real estate value estimates, most aren't very accurate, can be had a number of different ways, but the others being out there for the world to see is kind of crappy.

Kevin

I know that you can access a lot of information on local property through our county website (est. value, taxes paid, what the property has been bought for going back a few transactions, etc) and it is accesible to everyone. It was very useful when looking for a house.

This is frightening, although I don't know whether to be happy or offended that my name didn't show up =) Removed my wifes info though.

This is frightening, although I don't know whether to be happy or offended that my name didn't show up =) Removed my wifes info though.

Yea... when I searched Dr. Teeth nothing came up either :alien:

removed myself twice and also my wife.....scary stuff

How long does it take for the removal to take place once you click on the line in e-mail?

How long does it take for the removal to take place once you click on the line in e-mail?

I went back right after doing it and mine were gone.

I just removed my wife as well. There were actually 18 of her name listed in the San Fran/Oakland area so I had to wait for her to tell me which ones were her. Turns out only one, the one I already knew.

They should go right away, but you have to go to your email and finish it there by clicking a link they send you. I had a third that was really old, but they won't let me use the same email a third time and I don't want to use my work email, oh well.

Back