THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Pretty common response no matter who you talk to. Followed by "so do you own cows?"

Haha had a friend fly in from New York few years ago. After picking him up he told me I didn't think you guys had buildings only corn and silos. Almost dropped him back off at the air port.

Pssshhhh anyone not proud to be from Ohio is gonna have a hell of a time justifying to their captain why they should represent Ohio

Pssshhhh anyone not proud to be from Ohio is gonna have a hell of a time justifying to their captain why they should represent Ohio

I have a tattoo of "Ohio" on my body...I think I'm good. :angel:

Not ashamed at all. I loved my college experience. One of the best college campuses in the country, one of the top journalism schools, and #1 party school (hey, it's college after all). I wear that with pride.

Ohioan by choice! Clevelander by choice!

Do I question all my life's choices?

Trying to think, other than Ohio and Pennsylvania, is there a state where the "State" University has more national prominence than the flagship university?

Trying to think, other than Ohio and Pennsylvania, is there a state where the "State" University has more national prominence than the flagship university?

Michigan

LSU? Maybe Florida (FSU) ?

For the next few hours I'm a Michiganian (?), and there needs to be more of the chomping at the bit to knock you Ohio folks down a notch.

Let's be honest... Ohioans all live in..... Ohio. Are there notches that low to knock down? #HighOf36Saturday #FrozenNotchesSuck

That is a fact, in some instances...
There's this big Bridge that connects the Lower peninsula to the upper peninsula....
In a child's story (don't know which one at this moment...) there was a troll that lived under a bridge....
The people of the Lower Peninsula live south (under...) of that bridge...

I'm sure you can make any correlation from there...
Lol.
CJ nailed it. Bulletproof logic that all us little yoopers accepted before kindergarten. FWIW that was a long time before there was an internet for people to over-react on.

Imagine what creative names they have for...Ohioans?

Paging YooperGolfer to answer.
Where is THE YooperGolfer? Been too long but I'll weigh in on the question. No names. Yoopers pegged Ohio as nothing more than the super boring stretch of I-75 we had to travel through to visit our snow-bird grandparents in Florida. Maybe they give Ohioa second thought nowadays seeing they have an NHL team? ... well, sort of.

I was proud to be from Ohio before it was cool! Remember I had to deal with all the Ohio grief because of another guy from Ohio whose name was M***, when I first joined. If I remember right he had like a 3 min pre-shot routine. Heck, I almost got shunned because of his antics (maybe one of my own as well) and him being from Ohio. Some of the guys that have been here a while know what I'm talking about. Right 441? :banghead:

Last edited:
Not ashamed at all. I loved my college experience. One of the best college campuses in the country, one of the top journalism schools, and #1 party school (hey, it's college after all). I wear that with pride.

And rightfully so! You should.

What university are you tagging as Pa's flagship university? If it's Penn, it has tons and tons of more prominence than Penn State. It's not even close. Penn is an Ivy.

LSU? Maybe Florida (FSU) ?

LSU is one. That's three. UF is a major university as much or more so than FSU. I'm thinking not just a sorts profile but an overall profile of the university where the "state" brand is so far ahead of the "university of" brand.

What university are you tagging as Pa's flagship university? If it's Penn, it has tons and tons of more prominence than Penn State. It's not even close. Penn is an Ivy.

In terms of academic stature, UPenn is miles ahead. But when you think "Pennsylvania colleges" Penn State will come to the nations mind far before Penn will. Same with Ohio and Louisiana. For every other state I can think of, the state and university brands are at worst case equivalent.

In terms of academic stature, UPenn is miles ahead. But when you think "Pennsylvania colleges" Penn State will come to the nations mind far before Penn will. Same with Ohio and Louisiana. For every other state I can think of, the state and university brands are at worst case equivalent.

I mean, I hear ya when it comes to athletics, but I am someone who doesn't pay attention all that much to college football and when I moved out here, I didn't even know what Penn State was, but sure knew of Penn. I get what you're saying but since my wife went to Penn and I live out here, just felt like piping up on the prominence issue of Penn vs. Penn St.

Wow it sure is interesting in here.
Can always tell an Ohio and Michigan conversation.

You beat me to it. What the heck is happening in here? Can we go back to pretending to hate each other?

You beat me to it. What the heck is happening in here? Can we go back to pretending to hate each other?

Was stuck behind an Ohio and Michigan plate today on separate occasions. I can safely say I hate both your states with a burning 15 mph below the speed limit passion.

Was stuck behind an Ohio and Michigan plate today on separate occasions. I can safely say I hate both your states with a burning 15 mph below the speed limit passion.

The smart ones that left?

Whatever. You guys can hate all you want. Enjoy your beautiful skies and 75 degree days and golf year round, if you're into those kinda things

Must have been a blue hair, the average speed around here on Michigan freeway is about 85 mph. The only time we do the speed limit or lower is while driving in ohio.

Back