Tiger Woods Comeback

Could you make the argument that he has not been able to putt as well since Stevie?

You could and I’d venture to say you’d be spot on.

Maybe, but his last actual good/healthy year he putted pretty well.

Then again, it’s easy to putt well when you’re giving yourself good chances to do so. This crap to 30-40ft doesn’t exactly help the putting stats all that much.

What was his average proxy to the hole in 2013? Just wondering.

You could and I’d venture to say you’d be spot on.

Correlation there? Was he that big of an assistance to TW or has he lost it a bit with the touch?

Correlation there? Was he that big of an assistance to TW or has he lost it a bit with the touch?

Stevie gave him looks when he needed them. He clubbed him, called him off and ask for certain shots to played. I haven’t seen much of that with JL.

What was his average proxy to the hole in 2013? Just wondering.

He’s 34th this year at 34’4.

2013 he was 33’11.

So much for that logic lol

1.75 putting average this year

1.73 in 2013

Strokes gained off the tee might be it. In the positives in 2013, in the negatives in 2018.

2013 he was 33’11.

1.73 in 2013

Strokes gained off the tee might be it. In the positives in 2013, in the negatives in 2018.

Sounds like he needs to hit more greens

2013 he was 33’11.

1.73 in 2013

This kind of goes back to my original thought after hearing it this morning. Is our perception as viewers off?

This kind of goes back to my original thought after hearing it this morning. Is our perception as viewers off?

Maybe? Inches are the difference between a lot of places, so it doesn’t take much to skew a number or two.

Every round I’ve seen him play though, he doesn’t seem to look like the guy who knows to go out and fire something in the mid 60s. Putting up -1/-3 under rounds ain’t gonna cut it man, not the way these cats are playin. This isn’t the us open.

The big thing I have noticed is he used to miss greens pin high (or in the right spots). Now he is airmailing them or coming up short. It seems like he doesn't know his distances and is trying to force too many iron shots instead of making the smarter play.

2013 he was 33’11.

1.73 in 2013

Have those stats for any of his major winning years?

Have those stats for any of his major winning years?

As best as the pga tour site will let me haha.

34’6 proximity

.513 strokes gained off the tee

71.39 GIR percentage

1.735 putting average

I'm in the camp that believes he may never win again. He is so far removed from the era that he dominated that I think it is just wishful thinking that he might win again. Even if he did get his game back to where it was, he would have to beat a much better field of players that could outscore him. So his best play might just get him a top 5 finish. Now after that the question would be can he do it every week? Not likely.

I think his putting is a bit mental right now. I watched him damn near hit the heel logo on one of his birdie putts this weekend.

Like mental as in it's in his head, or mental like he just can't hit it right?

I think for a 42 year old, post spinal fusion, post life issues Tiger he is back. I'm a Tiger homer but don't think we'll ever see dominant Tiger again. He will win tournaments I'm sure of and I think he'll win at least 2 majors. The problem is he is older, can't practice like he used to and has a ton of other family and business matters that he has to, and wants to, focus on. I give him huge applause for that. I feel positive he'll hit points where he strings 4 really good rounds together and wins but it's not going to be like the old days simply because of his current physical state and other focuses in life.

In the meantime I'm going to soak it in while we can!

I think for a 42 year old, post spinal fusion, post life issues Tiger he is back. I'm a Tiger homer but don't think we'll ever see dominant Tiger again. He will win tournaments I'm sure of and I think he'll win at least 2 majors. The problem is he is older, can't practice like he used to and has a ton of other family and business matters that he has to, and wants to, focus on. I give him huge applause for that. I feel positive he'll hit points where he strings 4 really good rounds together and wins but it's not going to be like the old days simply because of his current physical state and other focuses in life.

In the meantime I'm going to soak it in while we can!

You're always the smartest guy in the room, you know that?

This is what gets me. People are so sure he's going to win. And majors! How?

He was the most dominant force in Golf for over a decade. He broke records and has some that will likely never be broken again. No question. But how so sure? What about his current game makes people so confident?

This is what gets me. People are so sure he's going to win. And majors! How?

He was the most dominant force in Golf for over a decade. He broke records and has some that will likely never be broken again. No question. But how so sure? What about his current game makes people so confident?

Because he's Tiger Woods. I really don't know, I just get this gut feeling that he has one more chapter to write.

Started year 650th ranked.
Now 51st.

47th in fedex with only 13 events played

Is he back to his previous self...no
Is he back to dominating...no
Is he back to competing....yes

Because he's Tiger Woods. I really don't know, I just get this gut feeling that he has one more chapter to write.

I think he does have a chapter left to write. I really do. I believe that eventually he will dominate the Senior Tour, just like Bernhard Langer has been doing up until this season.

I think he does have a chapter left to write. I really do. I believe that eventually he will dominate the Senior Tour, just like Bernhard Langer has been doing up until this season.

Got a bridge to sell you if you think he pegs it up on the 50+ circuit with any regularity

Started year 650th ranked.
Now 51st.

47th in fedex with only 13 events played

Is he back to his previous self...no
Is he back to dominating...no
Is he back to competing....yes

No doubt. But the media and his super fans are painting the picture that he is going to come back to where he left off. This week is his week. Every week. Until it's not. Then rinse and repeat. That's all I'm saying.

Got a bridge to sell you if you think he pegs it up on the 50+ circuit with any regularity

I've got a bigger bridge and some marsh land to sell you if you think he's going to win another Major on the regular tour.

No doubt. But the media and his super fans are painting the picture that he is going to come back to wear he left off. This week is his week. Every week. Until it's not. Then rinse and repeat. That's all I'm saying.

Everyone likes a story.

Would we like to see him come back and dominate like he used to, absolutely, look what it did for the game of golf.

Sadly its false hope.

But as a fan, Id love to see him at least get a W here very soon.

Seems like the crux of the matter, to a degree, is how you define "back?" I don't think he will ever be dominant like he was in his prime. But if back means that he is competing, I would submit that a T6 at a major means he is back.

Back