I actually own the Journey (got a great deal on it), which I believe is a step down from the Meridian but is def. more than adequate for travel.
Can you fit a large cart bag in the Journey? Sun Mountains web site says the Journey, Meridian, and Pro are the same size...is that true?

Can you fit a large cart bag in the Journey? Sun Mountains web site says the Journey, Meridian, and Pro are the same size...is that true?
I have the meridian and a large cart bag will be fine, my mini staff even fit although it was a bit of a squeeze. I dont know if there are any size differences between the models though.

Caddy Daddy is absolutely THE BEST travel bag.
Hard shell cart bag with dividers, wheels and a removable top!
Load your clubs into the bag, roll into the airport terminal, remove top and put it on a cart!
Lightweight and FULL protection. Room for shoes and balls. No BS with golf bags plus an additional cover.
Saves space, fits in trunks of cars.
a 10 out of 10!

http://www.ebags.com/product/caddy-...-hybrid-travel-case/234520?productid=10192316

I see a lot of people have never been charged for being over weight but how about for oversize? The AA fee for an oversize bag is $200 and by the measurements, it should be an oversize. They haven't enforced that?

I see a lot of people have never been charged for being over weight but how about for oversize? The AA fee for an oversize bag is $200 and by the measurements, it should be an oversize. They haven't enforced that?
It is not enforced on golf clubs just a weight limit. Each airline has its own requirements and what they allow for clubs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think they waive the size limit for golf bags. I've never had a problem but I'm Executive Platinum on AA so I get 3 free bags each for me and any companions plus they can be up to 70 lbs as well. I check my clubs 5-6 times per year and have never had an issue.

My first travel bag was a hardcase shell and then I migrated to a Trav-a-Lite which was a great hardcase/bag that was small and light but is no longer made. Still have mine and I use it for transporting clubs but these days I prefer to have a regular bag on the course. I have a Caddy Daddy but, honestly, I think their build quality is a little cheap. These days I am using BagBoy T-10 with a stiff arm and I am happy with it. I got a good deal on it (<$100). If/when that wears out, I'd probably go with the Club Glider but I can't justify retiring my current setup.

Topic is top-of-mind as I have to pack my bags tonight as I'm flying out on a 17 day trip (mainly business) and am taking my clubs. Time to escape the snow in the NE and for my first rounds of the year!

It is not enforced on golf clubs just a weight limit. Each airline has its own requirements and what they allow for clubs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
This nails it.

Thirded. I fly American all the time and I've never been charged and oversized fee.
Yeppers, and fact is, these companies aren't going to make a travel bag that will get people charged more when they travel.

Once again I couldn't pull the trigger even with a decent sale.
I suck.

Yep third trip with my clubglider today. No problems at all. Matter of fact got several compliments on it in the line to Check bags.

I had to hang on to it for two hours when I got to the airport before I could check it. It rolled through the terminal ever so easily.

Thanks Jman!! As he knows seeing his first hand in Palm Beach two years ago along with his review was all I needed to be finally switch up from the ClubGlove

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I am currently using the Club Glove Last Bag. Does the Club Glider Meridian fold up for storage? Anybody put a Ogio Silencer Cart Bag into a Meridian?

Thanks.

I am currently using the Club Glove Last Bag. Does the Club Glider Meridian fold up for storage? Anybody put a Ogio Silencer Cart Bag into a Meridian?

Thanks.
It folds in half. If I remember correctly, it folds to about the same size as the CG, maybe even slightly smaller.

I received my Club Glider today thanks to a great deal on Overstock.com. It definitely lives up to the hype everyone has mentioned in the topic. My Nike Hybrid bag fits in there snugly and the ease that it rolls around only the hardwood floors of my house is amazing. I can only imagine how easy it is to pull this bag through an airport. Now I just need to wait for vacation to get here so I can use it. Thank you to all who suggested it!

Nice gmiller598! It's easily the best I've ever used. Excited to use it this weekend as a matter of fact. Makes getting through the airport a legit breeze.

Nice gmiller598! It's easily the best I've ever used. Excited to use it this weekend as a matter of fact. Makes getting through the airport a legit breeze.

I concur.

I have and use the Ogio Monster and couldn't be happier. I know I am in the minority here, I looked at the club glider and between the two I prefer the Ogio.

Resurrecting an old thread here…

I rarely (think 1-2 times/year) travel with my clubs so have a hard time justifying the $300 for a ClubGlider. So I'm wondering what some recommended cheaper options are. In a perfect world I'm looking at $100 or less. Any thoughts? RockBottom has quite a few on clearance, but I also don't want to buy something that wont protect the clubs or is going to fall apart after one trip.

Even at 1 to 2 times a year. Don't you want your clubs protected as much as possible. Just my thought.

That said the original Club Glove is a solid choice as well.

But I wouldn't skimp when my clubs are involved.

Even at 1 to 2 times a year. Don't you want your clubs protected as much as possible. Just my thought.

That said the original Club Glove is a solid choice as well.

But I wouldn't skimp when my clubs are involved.

Super valid point. I'm curious, and I haven't read through the entire thread, but why the recommendation of soft cases over hard?

Best travel bag?

Super valid point. I'm curious, and I haven't read through the entire thread, but why the recommendation of soft cases over hard?
I found my Sun Mountain Club Glider on Black Friday for $199. Not the time of year for that, but deals can be found. And it is my favorite golf purchase EVER. And…I've used it…twice. It really is on a level all its own.

I never had any luck with hard cases being big enough for my stand bag's oval shaped top opening. Add in the added weight from a hard case, and it doesn't surprise me one bit that the common opinion is soft over hard.

I have never used a hard case, but travelled with others that did and just found them to be super unwieldy and cumbersome. I have a clubglider, I think the Journey model that I bought on clearance for about $150. I will never travel without the clubglider. It makes it so much easier to get around.

I use a club glove extender to cover my driver/fw woods in case it gets tipped on that end it would absorb the brunt and leave my driver intact. So far (5 trips I think) it has worked.

So aside from the gliding mechanism is there a killer feature on the Sun Mountain bags? Do they actually protect better than a Ogio bag for instance? Or is it primarily the gliding/maneuverability in the airport that makes it standout?

I agree on hardshell ones. They are so heavy and cumbersome. Also tough to fit in a Midsize rental car.

And even though Ive never had an issue with the club glider or Club Glove before. A tip is to remove the heads to your adjustable driver and FW and store them in a compartment in the bag or your luggage.

You might want to take a picture on your phone of the setting before removing.

Back