The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great round AHA! I'm looking forward to seeing you play in August. Hopefully I can learn a little something.

Nice round/vid Ddec. That didn't really look like a lot of trees, though. These are trees....
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNjI1LTAwMDM5LmpwZw.jpg

Well those are certainly bigger than the Arizona trees, but around here those would be seen as third growth sapplings. Still, I love to see courses with that many trees on them, left, well your in the trees, right, well your in the trees.

Captain TC just left THP HQ and was in good spirits. He said he has some great video ideas he is working on.

Captain TC just left THP HQ and was in good spirits. He said he has some great video ideas he is working on.

Good stuff, for some reason I forgot he was going to be going down that way.

Congrats on the win Belbin. Great round AHA. Ddec, great 80...but if that last putt was any indication of how you putt under pressure, then I feel more confident (says the guy who's never had a putt for 79).

Got out to play today. Took some videos with the irons and putter. I played alright, my short game was good. I think this video kind of sums up my round pretty well.

Very nice round ddec, can't wait to tee it up with you soon!

Got out to play today. Took some videos with the irons and putter. I played alright, my short game was good. I think this video kind of sums up my round pretty well.

Great round ddec! Swing looks good too buddy.

Good playin' ddec...80 is a solid number and the swing looks good.

Thanks buddy...looking forward to meeting and playing with you as well.

Great round AHA! I'm looking forward to seeing you play in August. Hopefully I can learn a little something.

Can't wait for more laughs! I had no idea how creative and funny some of the Morgan Cuppers were until the videos starting picking up steam. Great stuff.

Excellent playing both Belbin and ddec, I love hearing this stuff from the fellas that I'm going into battle with. Belbin congrats on the awesome performance in your match today. And phenomenal video!

The only thing I did with my golf clubs today was took them out of the Yukon to make room for all the gear we took to the lake. Great day with the family out in perfect weather. Tomorrow and Monday will be the same stuff....out enjoying the long weekend with the family. Tuesday is right back to the grind stone though, huge week and weekend of golf next week.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Some seriously good golf being played. ddec, wow, man, that is a fine looking golf swing. I'm going to look an old freak compared to the form some of you guys have.

Way to to go everybody. Am I smelling a Rbelbin/AHA showdown come Sunday of TMC?

Going to practice tomorrow for sure. Probably play in the afternoon with Grace and Mary. Worked some today, then my wife and I took two 14 year old girls to the world's biggest music festival, Summerfest, to see Maroon 5. Oh boy, that was an experience. Probably 20,000 people jammed into an area designed to hold 12,000 max. It actually almost got ugly early on. Crazy.

Kevin

Some seriously good golf being played. ddec, wow, man, that is a fine looking golf swing. I'm going to look an old freak compared to the form some of you guys have.

Way to to go everybody. Am I smelling a Rbelbin/AHA showdown come Sunday of TMC?

Going to practice tomorrow for sure. Probably play in the afternoon with Grace and Mary. Worked some today, then my wife and I took two 14 year old girls to the world's biggest music festival, Summerfest, to see Maroon 5. Oh boy, that was an experience. Probably 20,000 people jammed into an area designed to hold 12,000 max. It actually almost got ugly early on. Crazy.

Kevin
I saw them 2 years ago in Ft. Lauderdale, they put on a good show.

I'm about ready to head out to the range for a few hours and then a round on my home course. I hope everyone has a good Sunday!

I'm about ready to head out to the range for a few hours and then a round on my home course. I hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Same here, getting to it early this Sunday, hope you play well biggsy

Going to play a real tight track with 100 year old oaks lining every fairway. This place forces you to be accurate off the tee otherwise you will put up some big numbers.

Wow, this thread sure is interesting.
Lets recap the last couple of days.
What did you shoot today?
Yeah, great score, you are amazing.
What are your weekend plans?
Oh that will be fun, good luck, have a blast.

Now back to your regular scheduled Circle ____ Invite Chat Session. :alien:

LOL I always look forward to your posts in this thread. To be honest I saw this one coming a couple days ago.

Look, its the Morgan Cup thread.

[video=youtube;3jKf7cI-9oE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jKf7cI-9oE[/video]

i bet the captians are saying there prayers every night.

Biggsy doesn't need to, I am already on his team. ;)

And I am on the way to the course again. I plan on playing the back tees today 6600+ yards.

Tappin the keg!

Last edited:
Quick update... I won my match 3&2 with a 20ft birdie putt. Wooo hooo

Tappin the keg!

Good for you Belbin. Well done

I just returned from another Morgan Cup preparatory round. I shot 74 today (+2) with 3 birdies and 5 bogies. 39 (+3) on the front with 4 3-jacks (greens were playing around 12, but it was more a lack of concentration than anything). 35 (-1) on the back was a much better showing. The game is coming around and I'm loving my Callaway Razr X Forged irons. I'm really gaining the confidence to go at flags as I'm beginning to dial in my distance control and ball flight.

That's what I'm talking about AHA!

Sorry man, I was starting to feel like I was the only one talking crap, and I am not even playing! I will start it again though. How could the Paradisians allow their captain and Belbin to be on the same scramble team? Their length would have been a huge advantage in 2 matches, but you weren't smart enough to split them up. It is mistakes like these that will be your downfall!

Sorry man, I was starting to feel like I was the only one talking crap, and I am not even playing! I will start it again though. How could the Paradisians allow their captain and Belbin to be on the same scramble team? Their length would have been a huge advantage in 2 matches, but you weren't smart enough to split them up. It is mistakes like these that will be your downfall!

you are assuming that only the captains made the pairings....

Good for you Belbin. Well done

That's what I'm talking about AHA!

I thought the same thing man, I would have split that long but wrong duo up.

you are assuming that only the captains made the pairings....

Oh no, I know others were involved, but that should have never been allowed to happen! You have to fight to give your team the best competitive edge you can, and allowing this to happen is inexcusable!

Oh no, I know others were involved, but that should have never been allowed to happen! You have to fight to give your team the best competitive edge you can, and allowing this to happen is inexcusable!

I would have thought the same thing. Although the more I think of it, the more I like it. Let's face it everyone figures AHA to get 3 points with no problem. He's the lowest hdcp and he has some serious game. But this match up could(no guarantee from me) take a point away. I think all of the first round of pairings are pretty even and should provide some close matches.

I would have thought the same thing. Although the more I think of it, the more I like it. Let's face it everyone figures AHA to get 3 points with no problem. He's the lowest hdcp and he has some serious game. But this match up could(no guarantee from me) take a point away. I think all of the first round of pairings are pretty even and should provide some close matches.

But then you're sacrificing in theory 2 points for one, doesn't bother me any, I love the matchups and look forward to our matchup.

But then you're sacrificing in theory 2 points for one, doesn't bother me any, I love the matchups and look forward to our matchup.

I don't really think we are sacrificing anything in the first round pairings. Theory doesn't always work out well on the golf course

I like our match - I think it will be competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back