Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

Bummer, Buck. I put a good dent in a CG16 last year due to a rocky bunker.

yeah it sucks i have been really careful with it too as i didn't want this to happen. guess thats the life of a wedge. lol

ouch, hate to see that Buck. but i think you said it best, such is the life of a wedge.
i'll have so much golf in before MC2, mine will look like their 4 years old come July! :bulgy-eyes:

Decided to knock the rust off my video skills yesterday. Pretty rusty and aggravating making videos by yourself but I had fun with it, and of course hitting a 588 wedge is always fun :)

Spoiler

My turn to thread-stalk you I guess.

Still need to work on my full wedge shots as I seem to be a scooper at the moment, but I've never really felt so comfortable in the 40-70 yard range as I do right now. The 53° has become my main pitching club and it gives me a good mix of higher lobs or low shots.

My turn to thread-stalk you I guess.

Still need to work on my full wedge shots as I seem to be a scooper at the moment, but I've never really felt so comfortable in the 40-70 yard range as I do right now. The 53° has become my main pitching club and it gives me a good mix of higher lobs or low shots.

It's ok Hawk, stalkers give you that warm fuzzy feeling...well until they shove you in a trunk and wrap you in tinfoil :nono::stickbeat:

Sorry for the ole gray moment

Got to use these quite a bit today and I can say that I had a memorable one. Needed a birdie to shoot 38 and needed it to be a chip in as I left my approach about 10 yards short of the green. GG says to me, "up and down is your thing today" and I reply back "Im going to make this one".

Bam, chip in for birdie and the 38.

Got to use these quite a bit today and I can say that I had a memorable one. Needed a birdie to shoot 38 and needed it to be a chip in as I left my approach about 10 yards short of the green. GG says to me, "up and down is your thing today" and I reply back "Im going to make this one".

When you successfully call a shot, it's awesome! Embarrassing if you miss epically though...

Impressive. I dont think I have ever successfully called a shot other than a putt.
When you successfully call a shot, it's awesome! Embarrassing if you miss epically though...
I do this often...

Nice shot JB, those cookie killing wedges are just birdie machines.

I took my 50, 54, and 58 out today on the course for the first time. They just came in yesterday and I haven't even got them on the range yet. All I have to say is I don't know if I'll ever hit another wedge again. I didn't miss a single shot today I wanted to hit, my short game from basically 115 yards in was just on fire. I'm in love.

Great to hear, bahester. I had a good amount of success using them for full swings and pitch shots tonight.

Great to hear, bahester. I had a good amount of success using them for full swings and pitch shots tonight.

The only thing I struggled with was putting spin on them. I've never really been able to spin the ball. Most of the shots I play are just high enough that they just hit and stop, or I just play for some rollout.

I'm not a huge spinner either. I usually see a nice hop and stop with my wedges, which is fine with me. I don't need the ball going backwards on me.

my 588's got a bath yesterday. they look so fresh and clean!
the 56* is definitely showing some wear. you can tell that it's early in the season, cuz i'm missing lots of greens.
the 56* is being put to work son!

My 56* is showing some serious wear. It's to be expected with the Black Pearl finish. The sole looks almost silver in places.

My 56* is showing some serious wear. It's to be expected with the Black Pearl finish. The sole looks almost silver in places.

IMO, that is when wedges start becoming sexy. Irons need to be clean, but wedges need personality.

IMO, that is when wedges start becoming sexy. Irons need to be clean, but wedges need personality.

I won't disagree with you about that one buddy.

The satin finish is holding strong, but I've dinged them up from being in my bag. Same thing with my irons and I don't mind it.

The satin finish is holding strong, but I've dinged them up from being in my bag. Same thing with my irons and I don't mind it.

I noticed the same on my satins too. Small marks, but nothing harsh

definitely...to both.

it's okay though...the Cleveland Tech Van will be there in Myrtle Beach to build us new ones on the spot for the Morgan Cup 2.0, right??

Similar wear to that of the Ci11s? Personally, for me, I love the look of a worn club. A clean club looks good, but a worn club shows its done some work.

Similar wear to that of the Ci11s? Personally, for me, I love the look of a worn club. A clean club looks good, but a worn club shows its done some work.

My hosels are working overtime then :act-up:

I've got the ever rare Saturday off tomorrow and the 588's will be spending all morning at the range. It shall be glorious!

ITR is back with an all new episode this week as we talk with Scott from Cleveland Golf about the re-release of one of the most popular clubs ever created.

This Episode Features:
The process of bringing back the 588 wedge
What changes have been made to the original
The custom options that will be available (incredible)
And much much more.

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=14646

Unboxing Video

These are so sexy!

I was amazed at the short game show that TC put on yesterday with these wedges. I don't think he had a wedge shot over 10 ft from the hole. It really showed me where I need to work on my game the most. They were really beautiful wedges too with the black and paint fill.

Back