The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive never understood the hate for Tebow. I get that he isnt your "prototypical" NFL QB, but neither was Flutie, and everybody loved him.

Because when people win with a smile there will always be those that say its "fake" and its "this" and its "that". Man did I hate the guy in college (for obvious reasons), but if I have a choice to root for him or a dog killer, rapist, or any other criminal, I will take this guy every time.

Wow, heck of a win by the Giants at the end!!

I didn't get to see the game, but it sounds like Eli (with the help of some pass interference) stepped up at the end of the game. Aaron Rodgers is on another planet right now, but you could make the argument that Eli is the best QB in the NFC outside of Rodgers right now, especially given the injuries he's had to his skill position guys. I don't think that New England has lost a regular-season home game in over 2 years, and for the Giants to go in there and win without Bradshaw and Nicks is huge for them.

You could. You could also say that he is behind Stafford and Brees. This has been his best year throwing the ball in my opinion, but when push comes to shove, he still makes some baffling decisions each and every game.

You could. You could also say that he is behind Stafford and Brees. This has been his best year throwing the ball in my opinion, but when push comes to shove, he still makes some baffling decisions each and every game.

And makes some Giant fans want to throw things at the TV...LOL

Wow, heck of a win by the Giants at the end!!

Yup, Eli made the big throw when he needed to. Nice drive and heck of a scramble to keep the drive alive too.

Because when people win with a smile there will always be those that say its "fake" and its "this" and its "that". Man did I hate the guy in college (for obvious reasons), but if I have a choice to root for him or a dog killer, rapist, or any other criminal, I will take this guy every time.
I couldnt stand him in College, for the same reasons i'm sure (although there is only one SEC school he never beat). And, you're right, people love Roethlisberger, but the guys is a crap human being. I'll cheer for the good guy any day of the week.

Yup lots of crimes. Does not make me like a guy like Rapistburger and certainly does not make his actions acceptable or okay. If you want to root for him or any guy like him, have at it. In my time around the guy he was smug, arrogant and had an unbelievable way of making others feel uncomfortable. Just as you want to root for a guy like him and do, I would like to watch him get his clock cleaned.

Yup lots of crimes. Does not make me like a guy like Rapistburger and certainly does not make his actions acceptable or okay. If you want to root for him or any guy like him, have at it. In my time around the guy he was smug, arrogant and had an unbelievable way of making others feel uncomfortable. Just as you want to root for a guy like him and do, I would like to watch him get his clock cleaned.
I also enjoy watching him get his clock cleaned. Especially from guys Ed Reed, T-Sizzle, Ray, and Haloti Ngata.

I hated Tebow in college because I am a Vol fan...but its like impossible to actually hate the guy. Yeah his mechanics arent the greatest but I have more fun watching him play then I do other QBs. I agree with you though I would take him on my team in a heartbeat.

Good point on Brees, temporarily forgot about him. Stafford and Eli are probably 3a/3b in the NFC.

I gotta say, I am really surprised by the 49ers. I haven't seen a single second of their games but on paper and looking at their record, they have their act together. I had them pegged to struggle this year due to the new coach (with shortened pre-season) and starting Alex Smith. Smith isn't putting up pro bowl numbers, but it doesn't seem like it was that long ago that he was labeled as a monster draft bust and people wondered if he even belonged in the NFL. They would almost have to stop showing up on Sundays to not win the division....

I gotta say, I am really surprised by the 49ers. I haven't seen a single second of their games but on paper and looking at their record, they have their act together. I had them pegged to struggle this year due to the new coach (with shortened pre-season) and starting Alex Smith. Smith isn't putting up pro bowl numbers, but it doesn't seem like it was that long ago that he was labeled as a monster draft bust and people wondered if he even belonged in the NFL. They would almost have to stop showing up on Sundays to not win the division....

Here's the interesting part about the 49ers looking ahead to the playoffs: not only would they need a gigantic collapse to miss the playoffs, their division is so bad that they could easily go 12-4 or 13-3 with their remaining schedule. The only teams they have left on their schedule outside of their division are the Giants, Steelers, and Ravens. Even if they lose all of those games, if they will all of the games in their division, they finish 12-4. The 49ers look pretty good not only to make the playoffs, but have a first-round bye.

My daughter was born in January. She has yet to see the Packers lose.

Here's the interesting part about the 49ers looking ahead to the playoffs: not only would they need a gigantic collapse to miss the playoffs, their division is so bad that they could easily go 12-4 or 13-3 with their remaining schedule. The only teams they have left on their schedule outside of their division are the Giants, Steelers, and Ravens. Even if they lose all of those games, if they will all of the games in their division, they finish 12-4. The 49ers look pretty good not only to make the playoffs, but have a first-round bye.

from mediocre to first round bye...now that would be a turnaround...

Great day My twins Birthday! & my Giants beat New England ! :)

I think this should be a good game.

That sure seemed like a quick whistle.

I too am one of those who did not like Tebow in college, I am a Dawg fan and we went 1-3 against UF when he was there. However I certainly do like the guy and admire his work ethnic, he doesn't look pretty doing it, but the guy is a winner.

Refs screwed us already. The holding call was bs. And Ray got in on the goal line.

Just got back from Indy, while my team ended up getting their butts handed to them again, I had an AMAZING opportunity to be part of the flag ceremony for the national anthem before the game. I have been to many Colts games where the building erupted from cheers of excitement during amazing comebacks, but nothing can explain the feeling I had standing in the center of 60,000 people as we started waving the flag during the line "banner yet wave..." As I stood there along with over 100 soldiers waving that flag it was almost emotional looking up into a packed stadium as they erupted in cheers around me. I had goosebumps running all over my body. It was definitely something I will never forget. I took a quick pick with my phone right before we started the national anthem:

2011-11-06_12-58-40_492.jpg

Wow what a great picture. I have gotten goosebumps on the field before and it pumps you up sooo much. Very cool INgolfer! Thank you for sharing.

Finished watching the Packers on DVR a few minutes ago. WOW! What a game. Rivers shredded them pretty good, but three INTs will sink you most every time. The Packers D keeps giving up a ton of yards and a fair amount of points, a lot of points today, but they also keep getting the turnovers. Finally got some pass rush at the end and that was enough.

Rodgers is freaky good. Freaky. Under a heavy rush most of the game, yet some of the throws were unbelievably precise. The runs were also quite timely.

They might have to stop somebody at some point. Or maybe not with the way Rodgers is playing.

Kevin

Just turned the game back on. It looks really exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back