Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I guess I really let my inner nerd show. I'll attempt a brief explanation for anyone who may be interested...

Just a different style of keyboard, a membrane keyboard is the standard, where when you push down a key you get that mushy feel as you are depressing the membrane to create a circuit with the bottom of the board to register the key press. This is really limiting for some people as you can only create 1 circuit at a time which contributing to slower typing. There is also no tactile feedback either which indicates when the key press is registered. This causes many typers to "bottom out" the key which can lead to significant hand fatigue and eventually the dreaded carpel tunnel.

A mechanical board is designed so that each key has its own individual switch on every key. The also click that can be heard and felt (depending on the type of switch you use - blues, browns, blacks etc all offer different benefits).

I originally made the switch to help postpone carpel tunnel as this is a concern of mine, not only since I type all day and make my living by typing but obviously since I am a golfer as well.

Mechanicals will also increase typing speed, it jumped me from mid 80's over 100 wpm within 30 minutes of switching. They keys can simple register more quickly as they are all independent of one another.

Wow dude I thought you were just making all that stuff up and making fun of us nerds in here but you really did wild out nerd style with that one. I had to Google that to read up on it haha

Kmac- Music Hub isnt compatible with Verizon S3 yet? Wtfranks?

Kmac- Music Hub isnt compatible with Verizon S3 yet? Wtfranks?

Really? What's up with that ?

So glad to have K9 mail back. Compared to the Apple Mail, it is like having a dream come to reality.

So glad to have K9 mail back. Compared to the Apple Mail, it is like having a dream come to reality.

Only thing that kinda worries me about going to an Apple product. I love k9 mail and I've never had to depend on the push notifications when at home. I flip it to push every 30 when at home for the night so if the iPad beats it, I'm not exactly counting on it to begin with.

Only thing that kinda worries me about going to an Apple product. I love k9 mail and I've never had to depend on the push notifications when at home. I flip it to push every 30 when at home for the night so if the iPad beats it, I'm not exactly counting on it to begin with.

Apple mail and me did not get along well at all.

Apple mail and me did not get along well at all.

That makes me groan a little since I was pondering the new iPhone if it comes out with the new bells and whistles everyone else already had. K9 is stout. I might just hold off then or just bring the iPad to work to assume what it'd be like using that as email all day.

Im sure some love Apple Mail. I dont use it on my computer either. If you use something like Gmail, Yahoo or another generic type of email, it works great. Exchange works with it too. However pop accounts are limited in my opinion. Surprisingly, few mail clients have been developed for Iphone. K9 does everything so well, I am glad to have it back now.

I'm sad I can't text JB anymore.

Never used K9. Might have to check that out

It's free and blows the android OS stuff out of the water for non gmail accounts. Love that app.

Oh, that's probably why. NCSU switched over to gmail a few years ago and I have my personal gmail. Guess what app I use?! Gmail!!

Ok guys, I need to download some music to my so called smart phone. Anyone think they can tell me the best way to get it done. 3 to 4 hours a stretch under a paint hood hearing nothing but the fresh air pumping in is boring me to tears.

Ok guys, I need to download some music to my so called smart phone. Anyone think they can tell me the best way to get it done. 3 to 4 hours a stretch under a paint hood hearing nothing but the fresh air pumping in is boring me to tears.

Duey, I don't do much on my phone I just carry my ipod or use pandora on my phone. However you can download some music from itunes or something and hook your phone up to your computer and move the files over, depending on what phone you have may be some apps too. Again, I usually just go the pandora or ipod route but there are plenty of ways!

Duey, I don't do much on my phone I just carry my ipod or use pandora on my phone. However you can download some music from itunes or something and hook your phone up to your computer and move the files over, depending on what phone you have may be some apps too. Again, I usually just go the pandora or ipod route but there are plenty of ways!

My dumb smart phone is an android, lol, so no (i)stuff. I have Pandora and like it, but no reception in that department, its like a dungeon. Can I download music from pandora into my phone?

What kind of phone do you have? I'm with Brooks, I use Pandora or iHeartRadio most of the time. Those are both really good.

What kind of phone do you have? I'm with Brooks, I use Pandora or iHeartRadio most of the time. Those are both really good.

My phones a Thunderbolt or something, it has a huge screen.

My dumb smart phone is an android, lol, so no (i)stuff. I have Pandora and like it, but no reception in that department, its like a dungeon. Can I download music from pandora into my phone?

Nah, not unless somebody knows something I don't. The best legal way to do it would be to go to iTunes and buy the ones you like. Or put your CD's you have on your computer and then move them to your phone. There are of course other ways, but they are not within the bounds of the law :alien:

Spotify is the way to go Duey. You can listen to anything you want, at any time you want. It's hard to beat.

Nah, not unless somebody knows something I don't. The best legal way to do it would be to go to iTunes and buy the ones you like. Or put your CD's you have on your computer and then move them to your phone. There are of course other ways, but they are not within the bounds of the law :alien:

That sounds like the way to go. I'll just buy a cd of what I like and move it over, but may have to call on you guys again for that, lol.

My phones a Thunderbolt or something, it has a huge screen.

Well I have next to no experience with Android phones, but I'm sure there is a way to get iTunes music onto them. Like bahester said, there's other less expensive (read: free) ways to do it but they are not really allowed.

Spotify is the way to go Duey. You can listen to anything you want, at any time you want. It's hard to beat.

Oh yeah, forgot about Spotify. I don't use it much but have some friends that like it.

Do you need a signal to be connected to this spotify to listen to the tunes?

Do you need a signal to be connected to this spotify to listen to the tunes?

If you want to listen to something new, but you can add playlists and albums to your phone, those can be listened to in offline mode.

That sounds like the way to go. I'll just buy a cd of what I like and move it over, but may have to call on you guys again for that, lol.

Easy as pie buddy. You'll have no problems. PM me sometime if you need some help. In short you can put the CD in your computer, open up my computer and select the CD you put in. You can make another folder anywhere else on your computer labeled music or something. Then all you have to do is select all the CD files, copy them, and paste them in the music folder! Then hook your phone up with a usb cord and find your phone in my computer. Copy the files from the music folder over to your phone! Voila!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back