Matrix White Tie 6x3 Shaft Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Detailed review on the latest shaft from the Matrix line. James is back with a great look at a shaft that a lot of people are talking about.

http://bit.ly/XWbLbt

Very nice review on this shafts James! I don't have much exposure to the Matrix line of shafts but their TTR technology is intriguing as I have seen how I react with certain tips being way too bendy or boardy - really like the description of this one.

I am similar to you in the thinking that I hit the ball high already and a high launch shaft would be too much but your review has me at least wanting to hit this one. Mid-launch, low spin, stable and in the mid 60's weight range is just what I may be on the lookout for.

Thanks for the review!

Well done James, great info and nice write up. You say this was longer by 5-10 yds. Longer than what? Would say that shaft does a good job of staying in front of you?

I really love the looks of this thing and the profile sounds like it should match my needs decently. Here's my concern/question - what do you think of the stiffnes? My preconceived notion is that it plays fairly stiff because you were able to keep a good ball flight with it. Do you think somebody on the edge (in the 100 mph range) would find it on the stiffer side?

I do well with a C Kua stiff, but for some reason I almost feel like I'd need to go down a flex in this one.

Man I have been waiting for this one. Having issues getting the page to scroll on my tablet

Great review. Im more intrigued by this shaft than any other right now and can't wait to hit it.

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

5-10 yards longer! Sounds like a shaft I need. I really like my X-Con6 and quite honestly the only reason I don't just stick with it is due to aesthetics. Not a fan of the red color. This white is sweet though

Another great review, I have only gamed one matrix driver and have always wanted to give some of these new one's a shot, if they are available as custom options for Cobra in the MC I'll be looking at them for possibilities for sure.

Great Review James. As I stated in the other White Tie thread, I think this could be a perfect fairway shaft in a 7x gram range. I'm really intrigued by the mid-high launch you said you got and the increase in yardage.

Interesting. Good review James. I'd love to give this one a few swings side by side with the B. Asha just for fun. A true high launch low spin shaft is an incredible feat and should work for most golfers if they have the right flex. I'd love to give this one a try.

Yet another wonderful review. Mid-high launch and low spin...with those looks...got me pondering.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

A couple of things on some thoughts, the 5-10 yards I saw, as I mentioned in the review, had a LOT to do with a higher launch being better for me and producing way more carry than I've seen before. I've pretty much seen the light on how people don't really hit the ball as high as they think they do and playing super low launching shafts does more harm than good. Its been said before but I've just now grasped it, I don't think many of us amateurs TRULY realize how high the pro's hit it.

Well done James, great info and nice write up. You say this was longer by 5-10 yds. Longer than what? Would say that shaft does a good job of staying in front of you?
The Devo6 and the Black-Tie 6M3 Freddie. BIG carry difference for me, huuuuuuuuge for my swing. As to the B.Asha, I'm seeing the same distance/flight out of it paired with the 11.5 head that I do the Matrix with the 10.5 but with admittedly a bit better dispersion (its close though)

I really love the looks of this thing and the profile sounds like it should match my needs decently. Here's my concern/question - what do you think of the stiffnes? My preconceived notion is that it plays fairly stiff because you were able to keep a good ball flight with it. Do you think somebody on the edge (in the 100 mph range) would find it on the stiffer side?

I do well with a C Kua stiff, but for some reason I almost feel like I'd need to go down a flex in this one.

Hawkster, honestly, this one does play to stiff and maybe plus a bit, I can't really the CPM's on it at the moment. I will say that for you I think the Firm flex could be spot on IMO. That's part of what I love about Matrix, there is a flex for all, especially in the White-Tie, its not just R, S, X.

I really like what I've been reading on the White Tie and B.Asha, I'm growing tired of the TFC in my G20 and either want to reshaft or go with one of two with a another head....(Razr Fit Extreme or Classic)

I really like what I've been reading on the White Tie and B.Asha, I'm growing tired of the TFC in my G20 and either want to reshaft or go with one of two with a another head....(Razr Fit Extreme or Classic)

MG, that TFC is a really nice shaft IMO.

Nice review James
Thank you!!!

Hawkster, honestly, this one does play to stiff and maybe plus a bit, I can't really the CPM's on it at the moment. I will say that for you I think the Firm flex could be spot on IMO. That's part of what I love about Matrix, there is a flex for all, especially in the White-Tie, its not just R, S, X.

I didn't even think of that. Glad I asked because it just seemed like it might be the case and when I get a shaft that's too stiff I can really stink up the joint.

I didn't even think of that. Glad I asked because it just seemed like it might be the case and when I get a shaft that's too stiff I can really stink up the joint.
The "Firm" one might just have your name aaaaaaaaall over it dude.

Matrix just Tweeted about your review, James. Great job!

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Nice job Jman. It is a good looking shaft.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

Nice job Jman. It is a good looking shaft.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2
Thank you sir!

I agree, I'm just starting to want a little higher ball flight.
Nothing wrong with that at all, best thing I've done for my game in a long time was to not be scared of a higher flight, just had to work through that stubborn "too high" stage that most people seem to go through.

JMan, how did you feel it compared to the Asha in your Razr fit?

JMan, how did you feel it compared to the Asha in your Razr fit?

It was being played in a 1* lower lofted head but I got almost identical distance from each and the launch is indeed a bit higher for me. Feel to feel the Asha felt more stout, but it is an x after all. Both felt solid all the way through the swing though. Both really are VERY impressive shafts IMO.

Back