TaylorMade M1 Fairway Wood Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Their first carbon crown fairway lowers CG for optimal launch conditions and speed with every shot. The trajectory personalization thanks to the split 30g (2-15g) Sliding Weights allows golfers to personalize their shot shape to maximize performance and consistency.

Players seeking distance and playability and shot shape personalization to dial in launch conditions with their fairway wood.

Key Technologies
Carbon Composite Crown shifts weight low for optimal launch and spin conditions
Front Track System with two sliding weights (15g each) for preferred shot shape ranging from draw – neutral – fade.
Adjustable Loft Sleeve with 12 positions +/- 2 degrees of loft
Available stock with Fujikura Pro 70 shaft in X, S, R & M flexes
Available Lofts: 3 (15.5º) , 3-HL (17º), 5 (19º)

WZ402_zoom_D2-L.jpg

WZ402_zoom_D-L.jpg

WZ402_zoom_D3-L.jpg

Lighter Crown and lower CG. Sounds like the makings of a great FW. I just remember something that TO said, the perfect FW would have a heavy sole and light crown. Think he said tungsten sole.

I like the shape of it. Definitely want to give it a few hacks. I may be in the minority but I like the carbon fiber look.

I honestly do like the looks, I just hope its easy to hit haha

OK, for some reason, I really like that.

I like the shape,the carbon fiber looks awesome. Just the white clubhead....I cannot get use to. Other then that thus club seems pretty darn good.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Looks good. I like the carbon fiber too.

Let me also say, that on the crown, the little cut out of the white with the carbon fiber, looks like it frames the ball really really well for alignment.

TaylorMade M1 Fairway Wood Preview

I like this for sure. I'd say I'll end up hitting this

I really do like the looks of this club. One of the better looking ones of the last few series they have produced. I hope that it is a winner for them.

That looks really good and really easy to frame the ball with.

Let me also say, that on the crown, the little cut out of the white with the carbon fiber, looks like it frames the ball really really well for alignment.
I think so too. Looks slick imo

Ugh. I hate the track on the 3 wood. Just gets stuff in it.

Lighter Crown and lower CG. Sounds like the makings of a great FW. I just remember something that TO said, the perfect FW would have a heavy sole and light crown. Think he said tungsten sole.

Correct. It would be rather expensive too...hehe I really hope we are not dealing with more matte white however. Looks glossy in the pictures. Im nervous that track is going to get destroyed by many playing this off the deck.

Correct. It would be rather expensive too...hehe I really hope we are not dealing with more matte white however. Looks glossy in the pictures. Im nervous that track is going to get destroyed by many playing this off the deck.
Yup that's why it's not made haha

The track has to attract dirt and grass like crazy.

Not unlike the latest offering from Titleist it seems.

How did the R15 track hold up to the turf interaction? Also, when will TM smarten up and just keep the weights unpainted?!

Not bad looking. Looks like it should be easy to get the ball airborne.

Looks awesome. I've been waiting to upgrade my 3 wood until I get a chance to hit this. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Looks like a versa and an R15 had a romantic interlude and this was spawned. I need a 5 wood aND I like the look. Will have to give it ago

Not a huge fan, the looks are OK but sliding weights and that track equals a lot of cleaning IMO?

This is getting back towards what made their woods great in the earlier 2000's. Kind of has the shape of the v steel which was one of my favs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the size, shape, and crown.

I'm terrified at what my inconsistent swing would do to that weight track the first time I chunk one.

I really like the two tone crown.

I really like what Taylormade is doing with the woods.

I would like to give this a few swings.

i don't want to dig mud and grass out of that channel.

Back