Yonex EZONE Tri-G Driver Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV with Yonex discussing their latest in drivers with the Tri-G line.

Lots of good detail being shared here. Very interesting to hear about where they are trying to increase flex and avoiding the sole. 2-3 MPH ball speed equals 5-10 extra yards and that's big.

Now if it was only easier to get the hands on these.

A crown that flexes. That is definitely a new concept, or at least a newly marketed concept.

Lots of good info here. I think I saw this in hand and it was definitely a looker.

Yonex is always a sleeper to people, sooooooooo much tech but just not the buzz here.

I hope thp gets some up close and personal time with this line this year.

2-3 mph? That equates to big distance. This is the second company I've seen that is marketing a flexing crown to increase ball speed. And the way will explains it makes so much sense!

I still love my Yonex driver I won at a THP event. Would love to try a newer version.

Yes, that Yonex we were all crushing at Reunion was just amazing. Just swing and watch it fly.

Will is one of my favorite people at the show. Does a great job explaining the tech in the clubs, even if he uses words I don't always understand. Always willing to spend time with us. The crown has a nice subtle sparkle to it too, looks really good in the sun light.

The flexing crown.. isn't this the same technology that Bridgestone is using on the J715 & 815 drivers. It sure seemed to work for me. Very interesting....might have to try this one out. It has been a long time since I hit a Yonex driver.

Every time I see you guys interview Yonex, I have to say I'm surprised they are still around. I love the technology that has been placed in this driver and he explains it very well, just wish there was a place to demo one. I don't think I've seen a Yonex club in a golf shop in years, which is unfortunate because they are a great club maker

Will is one of my favorite people at the show. Does a great job explaining the tech in the clubs, even if he uses words I don't always understand. Always willing to spend time with us. The crown has a nice subtle sparkle to it too, looks really good in the sun light.

And don't forget a great option off he deck #APlayer

Sounds like some intriguing tech! Now, I just have to find a Yonex product in a store for the first time in my life so I can try it.

I played this driver yesterday and came away rather impressed. The sound is a tiny bit more metallic and "tingy" than that of the driver I have been playing, but certainly not too loud. It seemed rather forgiving laterally and high on the face produced the longest drive I had of the day (GPS measured). One thing that stuck out was low on the face did not offer the same as high on the face, and gave a very different sound, but that is fairly normal across the board for many of the newer releases.

Overall, I like what I am seeing and look forward to trying it out even more.

I played this driver yesterday and came away rather impressed. The sound is a tiny bit more metallic and "tingy" than that of the driver I have been playing, but certainly not too loud. It seemed rather forgiving laterally and high on the face produced the longest drive I had of the day (GPS measured). One thing that stuck out was low on the face did not offer the same as high on the face, and gave a very different sound, but that is fairly normal across the board for many of the newer releases.

Overall, I like what I am seeing and look forward to trying it out even more.

Good stuff JB. The release last year definitely had that different sound to it. Yonex always catches my eye because of how much tech they always try to put in their heads, and they're never afraid of being different for sure.

That was a great watch. Some really great ideas and will be interested to see if they really hold true.

Never have owned a Yonex but have hit their last model and liked it quite a bit. Hoping I can find a place near that carries them.

This thing sounds great the idea of the flex closer to the face and on the crown because of the materials used is intriguing. Yonex makes amazing drivers and I would love to be able to hit this one.

I like the look of this driver, I would love to hit one.

Back