TaylorMade M1 Driver Review Thread

Whoa. Let's take a step back from the keyboards guys. It's a freaking driver. T2GRN made a quick observation. Nothing more and nothing less.

well then.

I still want to hit this thing.

Whoa. Let's take a step back from the keyboards guys. It's a freaking driver. T2GRN made a quick observation. Nothing more and nothing less.
I'm good, just enjoying a nice Sunday on the forum.

I wasn't a fan of this when I first saw it but I really need to find a driver for next season.

Might to have to go check this out.

This one intrigues me, mostly laterally and vertically, curious about the ball speed retention much more than the on the dot distance.

If I were TM I would absolutely be linking the M1 with Day's success and moving to #1 in the world. Quite frankly, I don't care how they go about their advertising, I will definitely be hitting this driver when it comes out. It definitely has my interest.

I absolutely want to check this driver out. I know I would never own it I just like checking out net technology.

I hit this today. It actually looks really good in person. It is a hammer without a doubt. I will be ordering one and taking 1.5 inches off the shaft. The 46 inch stock length is not good for my eye.
Everyone that can needs to hit this thing

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

This one intrigues me, mostly laterally and vertically, curious about the ball speed retention much more than the on the dot distance.

I was swinging pretty well with it yesterday - but I did miss a few waay low on the face. And I saw flight and numbers I'd honestly be pretty happy with on course given the quality of strike. The SLDR this is not (at least by first impression).

I was swinging pretty well with it yesterday - but I did miss a few waay low on the face. And I saw flight and numbers I'd honestly be pretty happy with on course given the quality of strike. The SLDR this is not (at least by first impression).
I like hearing that. I want to toy around with one in a bad way.

I was able to hit this today, along with the 3w. I had the Kuro Kage 60/70 X in it and set at 9.5/15 degrees. I found the look to be very pleasant. Really like the black and white.

I was getting a great launch from the club. It was VERY easy to get up off the ground and really enjoyed the ball flight. The feel at impact was great....fantastic really and I didn't mind the sound at all. Distance wise it seemed to be pretty long, but I was hitting range balls at a range that doesn't give me a great view of where they land.

On sound, flight and feel, I'd give this thing a 10. I don't know if it helps in the distance department, but it sure seemed to be flying pretty well for me.

I honestly have been disappointed with Taylormade since the 580xd. Nothing I have hit from them gave me any hope of seeing a great product down the line. This release should be a good one. I think folks are really going to like it. I hope TM runs with it.

This is probably my favorite looking driver head I've ever seen. I'm sure when hit in the center this club will be a bomber. The lateral and vertical forgiveness is what is going to make or break this club for me. It this can give me some good forgiveness there's a very good chance it's in the bag next season.

I am looking forward to hitting this one. I did enjoy my SLDR quite a bit, just happen to get along with the X2hot pro as far as dispersion goes a bit better.

I still want to hit this thing.
yep same here and I didn't necessairly feel that way during the launch event. But the more I think about the T tracks, I'm interested to see how they work.

After i traded the R15, I thought I might be done with TM drivers for a while. But now at least I'll give this a try at some point.

I seriously cannot stop thinking about this driver. Never before have I been a fan of any TM drivers until now. Seeing all the launch and review material and then watching Day ride this bad boy to pound town the last 4 days has really peaked my interest. Can't wait to give it a try and see some numbers. If the lateral forgiveness is solid then this one might be coming home with me.
Load up tom and come up for a round at my course and you can hit the demo:)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

These are supposed to be at the club on Tuesday, going to give the Driver and 3W a try before I fly out to Scottsdale. The initial feedback sounds promising though I'm hitting the G30 so well right now I'm not sure what can be gained.

It doesn't have to b that extreme. It's a stretch, because at best the M1 assisted in his push to #1. The R15 did all the hard work.

Actually I think those X700's in the irons have made a bigger difference but goes under the radar ......not the sexy equipment chatter! ;-)

Actually I think those X700's in the irons have made a bigger difference but goes under the radar ......not the sexy equipment chatter! ;-)

Hahaha, re-bar FTW!

I seriously cannot stop thinking about this driver. Never before have I been a fan of any TM drivers until now. Seeing all the launch and review material and then watching Day ride this bad boy to pound town the last 4 days has really peaked my interest. Can't wait to give it a try and see some numbers. If the lateral forgiveness is solid then this one might be coming home with me.
It's a lot of fun :)

I seem to really jell with TM drivers and this one is no exception. Played it for 9 in league Thursday and had my longest drive of the year on hole 1 and longest drive of my life on hole 9. The stock 9.5 with Fuji Pro hits my launch and spin numbers on the nose in the neutral settings and I found it quite forgiving when I missed it a bit. Launched on the lower side with very little side to side movement. I seemed to pick up a few MPH SS on the monitor with it, coupled with the ideal launch numbers makes it very long for me. I'm angling to try to use it for a couple more rounds before I take it back. Sounds and feels great too.
Take it back???? Why would you ever do such a thing if it's that good?

Pretty sure I'm going to hit this outside today. Excited

Back