How early before your tee time do you arrive @ the course?

Oregon Golfer

#XBomb
Reaction score
Handicap
I like to get to the course 45 minutes to 1 hour before. I like to hit a small bucket, get some chips in, and run some putts on the putting green. It is annoying when sometimes I carpool with friends and they are fine with getting there 10 minutes before the tee time. Am I in the minority or do most of us get there early?

I enjoy getting there early..... but sometimes it just doesn't happen. Most of the time, I just have time some roll some putts and I'm off. But sometimes, I'll putt, chip, and hit balls...... Just depends on the day.

I can go either way. I don't ever get much benefit from a range session, so I'm just as comfortable getting there 10-15 minutes early. If I'm early, I like the practice green/chipping green better than the range.

Usually I get there about 15-20 minutes early on my home course. Warm up by putting a few and stretching and off to the first tee. At a course I'm unfamiliar with or before a tournament I'll hit a small bucket of balls and warm up a little more seriously.

Depending on where I'm playing, facilities, and tee time I like to get there an hour before. If its at Metter or a quick round.... I get out of the truck and stretch then head straight to first tee.

It is almost a must for me to get there 45 minutes early minimum. Most of the time for weekly play that doesn't happen but if I'm playing a tournament or a serious game it's closer to an hour to stretch out by hitting 30 balls or so, not working on anything just getting a few swings in to loosen up. Rolling putts is also a must, chipping isn't something I do unless I'm real early and killing time.

Count me in the 45 min - 1 hr. group as well (whenever possible). I like to hit a few balls on the range for a little warm-up and roll a few putts, then maybe grab a cup of coffee or soda or something. I hate feeling rushed because the feeling almost always accompanies me to the first tee.

If I'm in a tournament, I take it more seriously and get there about an hour early and warm up on the range and putting green. Otherwise, I don't warm up very often. I really think you should though! I know I would do much better.

I like to get there early too. Half hour to 45 minutes. Usually don't get that long though. As long as I'm not rushing to the tee box when I get there, I'm happy! I always like to chip and putt a while beforehand. Range balls if there is time.

I try to get there an hour before so I'm not running around like a mad man. I figure between checking in, loading up, warming up sans clubs, I'll get a good 30 mins of ball contact between range, chipping, and putting.

Bout an hour. I like to hit about 60-90 balls to get warm, make sure my bag is loaded and in order, hit some putts and chips (always with my own balls), stretch, ect.

I'm always atleast an hour early. Takes me a couple hacks to get warm, otherwise the first couple holes are interesting to say the least.

Playing with my main playing partner, 45 minutes. Playing with my wife, 3 or 4 minutes. She thinks practice is for chumps.:banghead:

Depends. If it's a quick after/before work, I'll hit a few (5-10) range balls and a few putts, and I'm off. If it's a weekend/day off type of round, I'll get there a good 1 to 1 1/2 hours early to hit a few balls, walk around, hit a few more balls, walk around some more, putt for a little while, go back and hit the last few at the range, chip a little, and putt a little more.

When I have a whole day for golf, there is NO REASON to rush. Especially to the go-cart racers hitting into me from behind. But that's a different topic.

I like to get there 30-45 minutes early to do the same thing. Just get a little warm before trying to go out there and tackle 18 holes.

Playing with my main playing partner, 45 minutes. Playing with my wife, 3 or 4 minutes. She thinks practice is for chumps.:banghead:
A fellow I know had the same problem. I suggested he and his wife take separate cars. That is what they do and now they are both happy. :)

30-45 minutes early. Give me a chance to properly warm up and to roll a good amount of putts before I tee off. I hate feeling rushed at the first tee, it kind of throws off the rest of the round.

20 minutes. Enough time the partners are not worried and enough time to stretch out. A few putts to get stroke/speed, but game is inside and wont come from my warm up.

I get there when I get there. Plenty of cheap, decent courses in this area and most of them don't require tee times. If I'm meeting someone at the course, then about 20 mins. early- enough time to change shoes, stretch out, and practice a little putting.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I like to get there 1/2 hour early, work on some chips and visit the putting green

it really depends on what kind of paractice facilities they have, if there is a driving range I will get there as early as possible, if not, about 30 minutes

Depends on where I'm playing. If it's a private club or a really great course, I arrive an hour before. If not, I usually arrive 15 minutes early, putt and I'm off.

About 30 minutes, I hit certain clubs that I'm sure i will be using that day to try and get the feel. Then hopefully I leave enough time to hit about 10 putts then I'm off to #1.

Back