List of golfers that have fewer career wins than Tiger Woods does at Bay Hill

bobgeorge

Kentucky Wildcat Fan!
Reaction score
Handicap
Amazing stat...all I can say is 'Wow'. Watching Tiger over the last 15 years has been like watching Jordan in his prime.

http://ph.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/go...-career-wins-tiger-woods-200649256--golf.html

Retief Goosen (7)
Peter Jacobson (7)
Dustin Johnson (7)
Geoff Ogilvy (7)
Sandy Lyle (6)
Rory McIlroy (6)
Jose Maria Olazabal (6)
Peter Thomson (6)
Rocco Mediate (6)
Jeff Sluman (6)
John Daly (5)
Luke Donald (5)
Padraig Harrington (5)
Matt Kuchar (5)
Tom Lehman (5)
Hunter Mahan (5)
Nick Watney (5)
Brandt Snedeker (5)

(And just for kicks, Sergio Garcia, Adam Scott, Lee Janzen, Jerry Pate, Brad Faxon, Fred Funk and K.J. Choi all have eight careers wins, tying Woods' Bay Hill number.)

Mind bottling list

That's incredible! I don't think he's done at Bayhill either.

There are a couple surprising ones like Donald and Daly, the majority of them aren't all that surprising.

There are a couple surprising ones like Donald and Daly, the majority of them aren't all that surprising.

The Luke Donald one surprised me a little.

Kinda weird seeing two former #1 in the WGR on that list.

Two world number ones and four or five guys that have won majors (I think).

Lehman is surprising to me, thought he had a lot more W's than that.

Very interesting perspective on Tiger's greatness.

That is really awesome. Dominance at it's best.

And just like MJ, he's a talent we may never see again. Enjoy the ride fellas.

And just like MJ, he's a talent we may never see again. Enjoy the ride fellas.

I do think we have grown accustomed to his talent. Almost to a point where it can be assumed that Tiger Woods is the new standard, and not the exceptional exception.

Lists like this reinforce to me that Tiger is so far past extraordinary.

Here's you another:

Fred Couples: 15 career PGA Tour wins

Tiger Woods at Bay Hill and Torrey Pines : 16 career wins

Here's you another:

Fred Couples: 15 career PGA Tour wins

Tiger Woods at Bay Hill and Torrey Pines : 16 career wins

Also, just consider Tiger's wins at WGC events. With extremely strong, but small, fields.

He is something special.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Like most, Donald popped out almost immediately.. Then Kuch... Seems absolutely crazy -- Puts some real perspective on just how insane Tiger's win totals are.

Kuchar with 5 just doesnt seem real, but I guess he's just had a nice run of being a top 10 machine for quite some time

Kuchar with 5 just doesnt seem real, but I guess he's just had a nice run of being a top 10 machine for quite some time

Same for Luke Donald.

Great thread guys! The area that Tiger reminds me the most of Mike is in his mind. They both have literally willed themselves to multiple wins on the highest plane of competition that exists. I am truly blessed to have watched both of them from their early years, and through their primes.

The Luke Donald one surprised me a little.

That one jumped right out at me, surprised me a ton.

I'm in the "Surprised by Donald" boat as well.

Only 5 PGA tour wins, yet was World #1? I guess I never realized how few times he won and how many top 5/10's he put together.

Didn't Kuchar only come out of his epic 10yr slump within the past couple seasons? He struggled for a long, long time post Amateur.

Not surprised by the list, I'm surprised at the world Ranking of some

What's also weird to me is that all of these guys are multi-multi millionaires with 5-8 CAREER wins! Tiger has 50% of Rory's career win total this year alone!! Just amazing

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

I thought it was really surprising to see players like KJ have more wins than Rory. Quite surprising!

A scary list, for sure. It's worth pointing out that those seem to be PGA tour wins, and don't include European / Asian or anywhere else wins, which explains the WGR numbers a bit. Still leaves a ton of impressive names that DID spend a career on the PGA tour or a lot of time there. It's HARD to win golf tournaments. He just made/makes it seem simple.

Some of those names...they were playing AGAINST Tiger at his peak. And he didn't leave a lot left over to win.

Amazing stat.

I'm always surprised why some guys at my golf club and some I follow on Twitter complain that the golf coverage during tournaments always spotlights Tiger and doesn't show more of other guys. This stat shows the reason why. His career is extremely special and a once in a lifetime for most of us. Watching Tiger is watching golf history.....period.

Jack was already out of his prime when I really got interested in following the pro tour. I was 18 years old when he won his last Masters in '86 and I regret that I didn't watch every second of that tourney. I plan on watching as much of Tiger as I can. Truly historic.

Back