The Stand/Carry Bag Thread

Anyone with a 2015 Three 5. How is the water bottle sleeve? Comparing some bags tonight and it felt shallower than most. Hold THP water bottle ok?
Not sure about the THP water bottle. It is a little shallow, but I've never had an issue with it holding a standard Gatorade bottle

e1a3ddd53b6d64600a5c412f28ca887d.jpg

At the course now, larger 28 oz Gatorade fits just fine.

33c26db711c0d93e1cd440e33d700d1a.jpg

Need to replace the Grandaddy bag as the dividers have ripped... Pondering the Sun Mountain 3.5, Sun Mountain Hybrid/C-130S, Sun Mountain XCR, Ping Hoofer 14, and the Callaway Fusion 14. I've seen a lot of comments on the 3.5, but not much on the others. I'm leaning Fusion 14, but I'm wary of the quality after my Grandaddy bag wasn't the best. I don't use the carry bag in a cart since I have a cart bag, so I'm primarily needing quality separation as my oversize grips do catch on each other a lot. I don't have a store anywhere that carries these to see them firsthand... What would be your pick of these choices and why?

Anyone with a 2015 Three 5. How is the water bottle sleeve? Comparing some bags tonight and it felt shallower than most. Hold THP water bottle ok?

It really depends what you put in that lower left pocket. If you put a lot of junk, the water bottle pocket will be a pain in the butt. If you keep it relatively empty or with pretty mailable stuff, a water bottle and even larger fits fine.

Need to replace the Grandaddy bag as the dividers have ripped... Pondering the Sun Mountain 3.5, Sun Mountain Hybrid/C-130S, Sun Mountain XCR, Ping Hoofer 14, and the Callaway Fusion 14. I've seen a lot of comments on the 3.5, but not much on the others. I'm leaning Fusion 14, but I'm wary of the quality after my Grandaddy bag wasn't the best. I don't use the carry bag in a cart since I have a cart bag, so I'm primarily needing quality separation as my oversize grips do catch on each other a lot. I don't have a store anywhere that carries these to see them firsthand... What would be your pick of these choices and why?

With oversize grips the 14-way prob is the best way to go. Sun Mountian Hybrid or Four 5 should fit the bill. Also check out Nike's Hybrid stand bag. 14-way also and pretty durable.

With oversize grips the 14-way prob is the best way to go. Sun Mountian Hybrid or Four 5 should fit the bill. Also check out Nike's Hybrid stand bag. 14-way also and pretty durable.
Believe there's a very nice condition 14 way Nike hybrid in the marketplace.

same boat as you. My callaway stand bag had issues with the dividers as well. Ripped up from the bottom of the bag. I'm looking at 3.5 and the Hoofer right now.

I like the 3.5 and use the 2013 version as a Cart Bag -- it has an opening for a cart strap and you can lock in the legs.

For walking, I have the 2015 Front 9 bag. Light, easy carry. The Anal Among Us will not like 3 dividers. I place all woods and hybrids in the large top divider, 6-9 on one divider, and PW, and other wedges in the other divider. You can shift it around depending on your setup to put the putter with the wedges or in the top with the woods. It is a tight fit -- but the Front 9's weightlessness is noticeable on a carry.

Before I loaded it up, I sprayed it with DWR (durable water repellant) to protect it from sun and water and let it dry for a day.

I am in the market for a new bag. Nothing wrong with my old one, just don't want to carry a cart bag and my ClicGear to the train and back with the recent change of address, so I figure go with a carry bag.
This is what I am looking for:
-Lightweight. I am a walker and I go to courses that have many elevation changes
-Built in liner/cooler. Gotta keep the drinks cold
-A pocket large enough to stash a pair of shoes. Not walking around in my spikes everywhere.
-Sturdy. Don't want it to fall apart before the season ends.
-Dividers. 6 minimum
-Brand: TaylorMade, Cobra, or a non-club OEM brand
-Cost. Less than $200.

I should probably update my status. Found a Datrek bag for $130. Only grip is the lined pocket. Wish it was larger, but it held my drink securely and was still cold once the sun came out on the 6th hole.

Was it not the staff stand bag

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Want.

50953-2.jpg

Want more.
callaway-masters-bag-6.jpg

Jman, this is a sharp one as well:

bd1bf6fa4aab14ba590cf65dcb963c45.jpg

Jman, this is a sharp one as well:

bd1bf6fa4aab14ba590cf65dcb963c45.jpg

Its badass is what it is.

But, it also clashes with my THP Green HC's.

Plus, I can't buy one with that logo....but....Winter is coming...

Lol. Solid points all around!

Out of retirement for a special round

2ad1095e1f83b285a36d7d1039e2d0cc.jpg

Gawd that's beautiful.

Out of retirement for a special round

2ad1095e1f83b285a36d7d1039e2d0cc.jpg

Were you one of the few people I saw camping in the parking lot last night?

Freaking adore that bag.

Would love to hear recommendations for carry bag from those with experience. We usually cart it but have been walking some lately. I have an Adams a12os 14-way bag and like it ok for cart although clubs seem to hang up and bind sometimes and SS slim 3.0 is a bit tight for putter well. I'm open to any top style.

Want:
*lightweight
*comfortable carry
*ease of access
*value
*prettier than the drink cart girl

Would love to hear recommendations for carry bag from those with experience. We usually cart it but have been walking some lately. I have an Adams a12os 14-way bag and like it ok for cart although clubs seem to hang up and bind sometimes and SS slim 3.0 is a bit tight for putter well. I'm open to any top style.

Want:
*lightweight
*comfortable carry
*ease of access
*value
*prettier than the drink cart girl

What type of divider system do you prefer?

What type of divider system do you prefer?
I wish I knew. Just started playing last year so limited experience. The 14-way Adams bag is all I've used. The logic makes sense but clubs bind occasionally (UTx midsize grips). Open to any option.

Callaway Big Bertha Stand Bag.
THP & Callaway gave them to all of the THPers in the THP Event called The King and the guys were/are raving about it.

Back