2015 Live Driver Test - THPers Give Feedback - Tampa Bay Area

Great stuff today guys. Some solid information from a lot of different drivers.

Awesome job on the testing guys. Seemed like a ton of fun, thank you!

Thought the same thing when I hit Cookies. Very strange feeling but liked the ball flight. Is it different enough to cause pause with ya?
It's weird to look up and seeing the ball rocket off with the muted sound

When CJ hit the Flex, he said he loved the sound. I replied with, '' what sound'' seriously quiet.

When CJ hit the Flex, he said he loved the sound. I replied with, '' what sound'' seriously quiet.

Very very muted. I liked it.

My favorite quote of the day was when Jitzy first grabbed the Flex. '' why does this driver have a battery? ''

The Nike stuff was very very muted, which was pretty awesome. Then again, maybe we were just all deaf from another noisy driver.

The Nike stuff was very very muted, which was pretty awesome. Then again, maybe we were just all deaf from another noisy driver.
I enjoyed it, huge change from the covert and before.

You guys really put up some great coverage today, thanks.

If you put a gun to my head and said I had to hit a fairway, the Cobra Fly Z XL is ridiculously easy to hut straight. If you ask me which driver I hit today that I liked the best, it's the Callaway 817 or the Nike Vapor Speed.

If you put a gun to my head and said I had to hit a fairway, the Cobra Fly Z XL is ridiculously easy to hut straight. If you ask me which driver I hit today that I liked the best, it's the Callaway 817 or the Nike Vapor Speed.
I'm not sure if the trend would continue going forward or not, but the best fairway finder for me was the Vapor Pro.

I'm not sure if the trend would continue going forward or not, but the best fairway finder for me was the Vapor Pro.
Didn't hit it. Loved the Flex and Speed.

For doing the most amazing job of testing feedback, War Eagle took home a brand new driver today.
He also fell in love with it. Cleveland Black was legit for him...And now he owns it.

Man great thoughts in here. War, bro, you killed it out there today. Love all the updates and pics. A couple drivers I'm going to have to give a try from what I'm reading. Appreciate all of the input from all of you.

For doing the most amazing job of testing feedback, War Eagle took home a brand new driver today.
He also fell in love with it. Cleveland Black was legit for him...And now he owns it.
There are few things as automatic as Beags and the Cleveland CG Black. He was a machine with the previous version and was really excited to see how he would hit the new version. Thank you to everyone for your updates. This was really fun to follow along.

Strange, I never got the impression that he liked it. haha, Dude killed it well deserved.

War is an absolute animal, I was doing all I could to contribute the blurbs I was during the round. He takes it to another level everytime.

That's awesome dude congrats on the new driver

Hole 13, and time for some more fun for you guys following along.

130 yard par 3.

We all hit our first shots, but for fun, it's a High Heat Par 3 contest!

Freddie flew the green.

Pudge came up short.

Wardy shanked it.

And I duff it in to the junk.

What did we learn here?

The High Heat is not the best option to pull from the bag for 130 yard par 3 shots.
Beags has lots of quality posts in here, but this may be my favorite. This sounds fun.

Completely unexpected, but very much appreciated.

Was just having my fun out there. Hard not to, really. Just really enjoy providing instant feedback like that, plus my group and I had some awesome convo going on that I really wanted to pass on to the forum.

So here is my comparison.

Nike Vapor Pro vs Nike Vapor Flex

At address both look very similar in fact I had a hard time telling the difference between the two at address. I played the Flex on the front 9, and really loved the flight. The ball felt like it bored the through the air with an effortless swing. Wake was tracking our driving distances throughout the day and I was getting on average 265-270 yards. I was splitting fairways with it in my hand. As discussed the sound of the Flex was impressive. It is so mute and just sounds simply great. The flex was definitely one of my favorite drivers of the day.

The Nike Vapor Pro, I felt, was lower launching in general for me. Going into this I anticipated the Vapor Pro to be similar to its older cousin, Covert 2.0 Tour. I loved the Covert 2.0 Tour, it felt as if the driver was made for me. I didn't get that from the Vapor Pro. It was longer overall, but it was too inconsistent for me. I was missing both left and right with it. I will say though when I did catch it on the sweet spot, that ball went a long way.

Bridgestone J715 vs J815

So I know that a lot on here have discussed the top line of the J815 and how "distracting" it looks. I have to admit it I have made the comment about it as well but did not want to write it off. The crown is not as distracting as you might think. I know that for some it's going to be too much, all I have to say is please just give it one swing and you won't regret it. The J815 on the range was so much fun to hit. I was hitting little baby fades that if I had teed it up, I would have split the fairway. The J815 was very forgiving, and even on toe and heel mishits, there wasn't too much of loss in distance. I wish I could have taken it on the course but someone beat me to it.

The J715 gives you that classic look at address, its very pleasing to the eye. When you match it side by side to the J815 it launches a little lower. The problem I had was that it wasn't as forgiving as the J815. I hit a couple off the toe and I noticed immediately with both flight and distance. However it was straight, and if the top line of the J815 is too distracting, then give the J715 a hit.

The Bridgestone J815 and the Nike Vapor Flex were by far the winners in my eyes!

Last edited:
That was seriously a ton of fun. Stay tuned your city might be next.

Would be nice seeing you do it again in the mid Atlantic

2015 Live Driver Test - THPers Give Feedback - Tampa Bay Area

Some solid feedback there CJ. Loved the comparisons between the lines you did

Loved checking in on this thread guys. Awesome job, and thanks for keeping us all updated.

Not surprised with the Aeroburner love today. Even with my creaky mid-winter two-way miss swing, the Aeroburner was among the longest & straightest of the 2015 drivers I've hit so far (indoors on a monitor, anyways).

Back