United Airlines Incident

If mall security is asking you to leave, you e don't something wrong. Plus they are hired by the mall. The guy in the green fleece in seat 18b doesn't have the right to remove you. It's not like the head stewardess deputized him or something.

I'd love to see how people would react if they were forced to give up their seat and had some place to be.
Huh? One of the guys shirts said police on the back, the other had a radio holster, so I will assume security or police one.

Pretty much this. Threaten to ban him from future flights, but to get physical with him*, nah ... not ok with it.

*I'm running under the assumption that this was United personnel, not the police. The whole thing was a cluster.
Police was written on one of the guys back, so I do believe that assumption was wrong.

I think the real question should be are those United employees that were added to the flight which forced these 4 off more important than the 4 paying passengers?

I think the real question should be are those United employees that were added to the flight which forced these 4 off more important than the 4 paying passengers?
Well if they don't get on, there will be 180 paying passengers not going anywhere at the next stop.

Huh? One of the guys shirts said police on the back, the other had a radio holster, so I will assume security or police one.

The man dragging him down the aisle looks like a reg. dude. The guy in back had keys hanging off his belt. To me it's looks like a passenger dragged him off.

There are police all over the airport. They could have called them and done it right. But I'm not going to go round and round. I think it was wrong, other have no issue with it, kewl!

Well if they don't get on, there will be 180 paying passengers not going anywhere at the next stop.

guess the moral of the story is for the airlines to stop effing overbooking.

If mall security is asking you to leave, you e don't something wrong. Plus they are hired by the mall. The guy in the green fleece in seat 18b doesn't have the right to remove you. It's not like the head stewardess deputized him or something.

I'd love to see how people would react if they were forced to give up their seat and had some place to be.

Oh, I'd be pissed. But when the airline tells me to get off the plane and brings security (of any kind) onboard, I get up and get off the plane.

More important? Hate to say that.
However if they didn't get to their stop, there are 200 people in the same situation as this doctor.

The man dragging him down the aisle looks like a reg. dude. The guy in back had keys hanging off his belt. To me it's looks like a passenger dragged him off.

There are police all over the airport. They could have called them and done it right. But I'm not going to go round and round. I think it was wrong, other have no issue with it, kewl!
The guy in the back had police written on his back, so no doubt he is police or at least security with police powers. The other dude is wearing a radio holster, I've never seen a regular dude with one. I would guess he is plain clothes security or leo if some kind.

The guy in the back had police written on his back, so no doubt he is police or at least security with police powers. The other dude is wearing a radio holster, I've never seen a regular dude with one. I would guess he is plain clothes security or leo if some kind.

Oh I did not see that in the video posted. In that case the police handled it the way they saw fit. I thought it was just a passenger taking things in his own hands.

Still BS that airlines can dictate who flies in these type of situations

guess the moral of the story is for the airlines to stop effing overbooking.
Don't disagree, I said originally United shared some responsibility in letting it get to this, but there is no excuse for this dude making them drag him off.

United Airlines Forcibly removes passenger

United Airlines Forcibly removes passenger

I didn't see this posted and this is freaking nuts that they did this. UA overbooked a flight and when nobody volunteered to move their flight, they randomly picked someone and forced him off the plane.

http://fortune.com/2017/04/10/united-airlines-ceo-passenger-removed-video-upsetting/

There was another video where you see him running back on the plane though. lol

Another crazy thing....their stock went up today too!

already posted, theres another thread with all the action already

This thread makes me want to re-up the Debate Room subscription.

Link??

United Airlines Incident

When are people gonna learn that you just can't tell authority figures what's what.

Yes what they did to overbook the flight was kind of crap but when you are TOLD to do something by an authority figure you do it . The police were instructing him to leave the plane and he refused to comply.

It's amazing to me that people think they can just chose who and what they want to listen to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a secret forum that I don't know about?!

Wow...that's messed up.

Is there a secret forum that I don't know about?!

It's not a secret as such, but you do have to ask to be able to see it.

99% United's problem. They need to position their people better, book seats on other airlines for their people if needed or charter a flight for their people if that is what they have to do. If that guy was ticketed, assigned that seat and already boarded I don't understand how they kick him off. They should never had started boarding the plane until the situation was fixed. The guy did look like a moron though.

Back