THP Singles Section...

I really didn't mean it as a dating site. Just came out wrong. But yes we do need to get the ladies more involved. I'm sure there are ladies gear that need tested. Not that I need to know about ladies gear or apparal. But the ladies on the site, I'm sure would like the info. I didn't mean to offend anyone by this suggestion. I apologize if I did.

I would like to find a nice girl who golfs. What's wrong with that?

Forget it, dude. Been looking for the same thing for myself without any luck.

Single women between the ages of 25-45 who golf are few and far between.

Forget it, dude. Been looking for the same thing for myself without any luck.

Single women between the ages of 25-45 who golf are few and far between.

I guess I am very lucky then.

Well, I know I am lucky. Best place to find ladies that golf is at a country club...Playing Golf.

Well, I know I am lucky. Best place to find ladies that golf is at a country club...Playing Golf!

Shocking! Never would have thought to look there.

Well, I know I am lucky. Best place to find ladies that golf is at a country club...Playing Golf.

No argument there.

But for those of us without country club budgets, best bet would be to find a single girl that doesn't play, then get her hooked on the game.

KellyBo was not playing golf when we met. She had played a few years past but only a few times a year at best and never took it serious. Once we married it took her a couple of years of landscaping around our new house and then she decided to give it a try. She has never looked back since. She works at a golf course (after she retired from her State of Ga. job) where she gets free range time, has been taking lessons for the last year monthly, and now loves the game as much if not more than I do! So yea, you can meet a girl at a golf forum, golf course, or anywhere and if she gets the bug, you are partners for life in the game of golf. Kelly and I play tournaments together, travel to golf destinations, share equipment (yes she plays men's clubs at the same flex I do) and have a great time together playing this wonderful game. It works great for us :thumb:

Most women I've seen golfing at my local course are elderly ladies, I'm assuming they are retired.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

After that suggestion of a singles page we might be down to no single women members.

I think we have 2 or 3 single female members dude. I don't know if this will work or not.

After that suggestion of a singles page we might be down to no single women members.

Well you got Mary C, 2hfly, and all the hawt cougars down at the i- bar. You are good to go man!

My wife does not play golf, but I do occassionally play golf with women at my course. We do have a lot of fun!

Glad I can amuse you... LOL But hey, I would like to find a nice girl who golfs. What's wrong with that?
Or find a girl who doesn't golf, and get her interested in it. Worked with my wife, and it was even her idea!

At least he doesnt blow fish chunks all over the bathroom.
No, Hanks blows chunks down the side of rental cars!

Bullfrog (and the other single guys looking for a distaff golfer) there are a few "golf centric" dating sites out there : Golfmates.com and Golfdates.com The Golf Digest Women's issue last year had a great write up on the various golf dating sites and gave these two the highest ratings (calling them the Match.com of the golf dating sites).

Also, for the record there are a few single ladies on this site even one or two of us who are in the 25 - 45 age bracket (or a year on the either side) but I agree with GG and a few of you, it would be nice to have a few more of us here.

A few things for you single guys about approaching a lady on the range/course that may help your success rate with us single women who golf:

A. Don't assume that we need swing tips or help with our game. Just because we are gals doesn't mean that we aren't as serious about our game as you are about yours. Nothing will make us ignore you faster than to come up to us mid-swing on the range, when we are seriously working on the putting green, or between shots on the course and give us "pointers" right out of the gate. Best way to get me to chat with you is come up to me when I'm changing clubs on the range, standing around shooting the breeze with the guys on the putting green, or standing at the tee box waiting for the green to clear. Better yet, at the turn in the snack bar or at the 19th hole come up to me and strike up a conversation about golf in general and not about my game/swing in specifics. The best success, with me anyways, is to come up to me while I'm in the 19th Hole recounting my round or watching Golf Channel and say something like "Can you believe that putt that Kaymer had on 16" and after we've chatted for a while, you really want to get my phone number, compliment me on my game ("I saw you out there drain that 15' on 6. That was a sweet putt and great read. I hate that hole and can never sink anything there" or "That fairway shot of yours on 12 was perfect. You couldn't have put that ball in a better place to get to the green")

B. Don't assume that I'm playing ladies clubs or have a ladies swing speed or, with the exception of the cute skort from Lija I'm wearing and that you are appreciating, that anything else I play golf with or in is "ladies". I happen to play men's clubs with regular strength shafts. My swing speed is pretty close to what most 20+ men handicappers swing, and I wear a men's small glove because I have have a tiny hand but a broad palm. Again, I'm an equipment geek like quite a few women golfers I know are. Nothing will make me give you that bemused look us women are taught at birth (you know which one I'm talking about) than when a guy walks up to me and talks down to me about my equipment. I was fit for my equipment and spend just as much time as you on THP and other sites as well as in the stores checking out the gear. Again, have the same conversation with me about my equipment as you would with any of your golf buddies.

C. If you are playing solo and see that I'm playing solo, offer to have me play with you. Don't assume that I'm going to be playing from the forward tees (except on courses over 6,200 yds, I play either Sr or Members tees). Just like with the guys you get paired with when you play solo, introduce yourself, shake my hand, and ask me which tees I'm playing from. Don't feel obligated to play from which ever set of tees I'm playing from but if you want to get to know me better on the course, it makes an impression if you do. A nice touch btw if we are playing from the same set of tees is give me the honors. It is equivalent to holding the door open ;-)

D. Don't make sexist or off color jokes and keep the cussing and temper tantrums to a minimum on the course. It doesn't impress me when you go for the Tiger Three Wood Toss or string a 15 word sentence with 11 expletives in the 15 words. A very wise man once said that nothing shows your lack of thought more than being unable to creatively express yourself without using four letter words. Unless one of us is playing one of the tours, I'm guessing we are both going to make some crappy shots. I'm really impressed when a guy can laugh at himself or has a self deprecating sense of humor (It is why Paul Goydos is kinda sexy). Same thing goes for getting drunk on the course while we're playing. If it's hot or I'm having a good time, I'll probably grab a light beer on the turn but you aren't going to find me slamming them down every time the beer cart girl comes by. Speaking of beer cart girls, if we're playing together and you are interested in seeing me again or think you might be, don't make any demeaning comments about her "brains" or "her sand trap". Those comments probably aren't going to help you ever have a chance of seeing my brains or sand trap.

E. Lastly, don't take it personal if I don't give you my phone number. It is crazy weird world out there with lots of whackos and most of us single women have learned to be really cautious. Instead, offer to give me your phone number or email because you want to play another round of golf with me. If I had a good time, I promise, I'm going to call you for another round of golf and then who knows where it will go from there.

Cheers!

This thread is surprisingly popular. LOL. I told my sister to pick up golf (she's a single 38 y.o. never been married woman), to meet men but she pretty much is a hater and rejected the idea. My mom didn't pick up golf until some other ladies tried to play a "couples" tournament with my dad. That did not go over well with my mom and she immediately (and seriously) picked up golf. Oh, and don't tell her I told you (the whole wide world) that story. You didn't hear it from me.

Wow, Ms Mary laying out some wisdom. Can I purchase the cliff notes version @ the iBar?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Wow, Ms Mary laying out some wisdom. Can I purchase the cliff notes version @ the iBar?

No, but you can buy me a drink and compliment me on my putting ;-)

Great post Mary!!!!

Thanks. I've been thinking about that stuff for a while because well, I get approached a lot on the range.

No, but you can buy me a drink and compliment me on my putting ;-)

Lol, done

Thanks. I've been thinking about that stuff for a while because well, I get approached a lot on the range.

That makes sense, I play in a scramble league on Wednesdays, I'm the youngest guy there and its like a bad 80's movie watching the guys hit on the ladies. I think of the jimmy buffett song "fins" everytime.

See, I know JB can't be the only lucky one!! There has to be more out there... If JB & GG can find each other. Then JT and ?? can do the same...LOL

I skimmed this so I hope I do it right.

I am 30, have all my hair, a really big......pair of shoes that dont fit. I like animals. I am good with my hands. I eat healthy...sometimes. I am somewhat of a romantic, I have a nice smile. I cuddle(ask Tina). I make decent money. I dont drive a Ferrari. I like kids. what a great idea...I hope Mary C or ahh2fly are paying attention

EDIT: ohhh I forgot....I look like Jeff Overton, just a little skinnier

Back