Nike 20Xi Golf Ball

I had issues with the X as well Kev. One of the pics shows the X ball. I have been alternating.

Oh I missed that. Too bad too because Ive found this ball to be very good all around. Seemed to be really good off the driver too

Oh I missed that. Too bad too because Ive found this ball to be very good all around. Seemed to be really good off the driver too

Me too OEM. Love the characteristics, especially around the green. Its a little shorter for me off the tee and a little spinnier off the tee as well. But nothing too bad.

There definitely may be something to this depending on the lie you are hitting from.

I really like this ball, but so far in 3 rounds, these become completely torn up (as you can see from the pics) after about 6 holes.

I'm seeing serious cuts when I hit my wedges full from the fairway, and still some minor scuffs when hitting them out of the rough. When I hit my 8,9, and PW from the tee, fairway or rough, I'm not noticing anything aside from maybe my sharpie mark getting smudged and a light light scuff. My wedges are both new as of this year, so that may be playing a role in the cover damage as well.

So it seems like those that tried the S version are seeing durability issues and those that tried the X are not? I tried the X and didnt see any problems with it.

I saw durability issues with both the S and X as well.

Edit: I should say that i am also seeing similar results with the B330 I'm playing along side the 20XI.

I played a sleeve of the X version last weekend and got the same results, first hole I used one of these balls for was a short par 4 that I can usually hit driver and then a full wedge (hopefully that's all ;-)

When I went to mark the ball on the green, I had a pretty good abrasion on the ball....it did however hit the green and take one hop and suck back about a foot:beauty:

Nike 20XI golf ball

Nike 20XI golf ball

Anyone tried new Nike 20XI golf ball? I had a chance to hit 20XI X ball, but it seems like it spun too much especially with a short iron. I also don't like the sound of this ball. Awaiting your comments. Tks.

Didnt play it but played with a certain member that did . On the thread JB directed you to you will view all the Pros and Cons on this Ball.Good Luck

I put this ball in play while at TPC and was very impressed with it's performance. It really jumped off the club face and stuck when hit into the
Greens.
When I took the balls out of the box they felt hard, I thought to myself it's going to feel hard off the club face. Oh but I was wrong, it felt great coming off the face. I played the entire front nine with one ball and didn't notice any usual ware on the ball until the 7th hole. There where three scuff marks on the ball from a few wedge shots. I expected more ware or even a few cuts from the wedge but it never occurred.
I took the scuffed ball out of play to see if there was any difference in the performance of a new vs a scuffed ball. It still traveled as far and still spun around the greens.
I was able to work the ball nicely with the woods. I generally have a good bit of movement on my miss hits but I noticed that this ball didn't stray as far off line on my typical miss. This was a pleasant surprise because the ball stayed in play. I would have to say that the ball I played had a mid ball
Flight, more of a 'plane out' type flight. I typically hit a high ball with the woods with a normal setup. 20X1 really only got up into the jet stream when I actually tried to hit high. This was great for me especially on this hard fast course. When I did hit it in the fairway it went a long way.:clapp: All in all I was very impressed with the ball.

I comepletely forgot to post up my thoughts on the 20XI-X Master's Edition balls I used a few weeks ago.

I had a sleeve of 3 and gave one of them to a friend of mine who likes to collect golf balls, so I went into my round with 2 balls. I was playing a course I have never played before so I was hoping to have some good strokes so I didnt lose these. But sure enough, first shot off the first tee, hit it straight into the woods and gone! haha. not a good start!

I played about 4 more holes with another ball since I didnt really want to lose my last one. Finally I decided on the 5th hole that I was going to put my last 20XI into play after just losing my other ball in the water on a par 3 tee shot.

Off the tee with my 9 iron this ball felt GREAT! Nice soft feel. I have never been one to be able to hold a ton of greens and my first shot on a par 3 of the year with this ball it stuck about 3 ft from where it landed. I was very impressed to say the least.

I didnt notice too much of a difference for me than another other ball off the tee but it SHINED around the green. Almost every chip or pitch shot I took, I was able to stop the ball right where I wanted. Check ups were very nice. I did hit 2 full wedge shots and I noticed a little bit a wear from that, but it wasnt bad. I even had a direct hit on a cart path and suprisingly didnt notice as big of a mark as I though there would be.

I got about 6 holes in with this ball before I ended up hitting it in the water, but all in all I was very impressed. I bought another sleeve after my round from the pro shop and am still using this ball with great reward. The price per dozen is still a little steep for me but the performance I get out of it is great where I need it to be.

I tried a sleeve of the 20XI-X balls. I hit a couple of long drives with it, and I didn't see any durability issues. It wasn't quite as spinny around the greens as I would have liked, but but the "S" version would probably fix that. I thought the ball flight was a little lower than I prefer or am accustomed to. That's about all I can say about it. It would be interesting to see launch monitor numbers against other balls to see if indeed does offer higher ball speed off the driver.

Nike 20XI-S ball review

Nike 20XI-S ball review

So I didn't really see a thread on this recently, so I thought I should start one. Well I'm a fairly low handicapper, but not a particularly long or high spin player. I was looking for a ball that would go a little longer and stick more. I was playing Pro-V1 before I picked this up, the Pro-V1 would spin but not enough to stick where I shot it. So being a nike fan and believer in the products they make I picked up a 20XI-S dozen.

I played the next day, on a fairly hot day, so the greens were firm.

Driver
To my surprise the first drive of the day went past 300 yards, and I used to have an average of 265. My average now is 290. So I can say confidently that this will help your distance. I also hit 12 out 14 fairways, and continue to do so. That probably also has to do with my constant practice (play everyday), but the ball also helps as it holds its line, especially in the wind.

Irons
From 7 iron down to SW the ball would land bounce kind of high and then stop, and even sometimes a little back spin. For the longer irons the ball still lands soft, but not as run off as I usually have. Since putting it into play I have had nearly 4 hole-in ones because it sticks where it lands.

Short game
Chipping is also great with ball as there is more check, but I am not a high enough spin player to get the most out of this ball around the greens. Flop shots will stick where they land, and bump and runs are a lot easier to control, so this ball is good for that. Putting feels like putting to me not a big difference.

Durability
This is one complaint, since the cover of the 20XI-S is so soft, if there is an instance that your ball hits a branch or maybe hits your club a little funky, it tends to scuff. The scuff isn't so bad, but the branches colour or leaf colour will kind of imbed itself in the ball.

Overall
I'm sticking with this ball because it continues to stick on the green and go longer. I think Nike has really developed something great, and that is probably why you see so many ball companies (titleist, bridgestone) campaigning their balls since they are scared of losing customers to nike's new technology. If take a look at the "new" balls available out there, (other than nike), they are the same old ball with minor tweaks and new packaging. I would think that companies are going to switch over to this or something like this very shortly, as I think the solid rubber core's days are numbered.

if you liked this review and my rant let me know and I will try to review other pieces of equipment if I can.

Later THP

Moved over to the 20XI thread.

Great information. I too really like the ball, but struggle with the durability.
Not sure I agree about the fear of losing customers to Nike...But that is just my opinion based on marketshare.

Impressive stuff. Picking up 25 yards on a golf ball is almost unheard of. Glad you found something that is so perfect for you!

Yeah, I don't really see Titleist shaking in their boots. After all, whenever they do go with th resin core (if ever) everybody will swear they did it first and nobody will every be able to do it better.

still need some more time on this ball! but the pentas are in line right now haha, hopefully if i getthem today!

I also agree with what you guys a saying about marketshare, and the fact that titleist's name is so big that they won't need to worry about losing customers, but I was just trying to say that the technology/innovation sector is where they will be losing out.

I've played the 20XI-x for about 6 rounds now, and I love it. I don't find I get any noticeable distance increases, but I do find I hit it straighter than my old Tour-i or prov1x balls. They don't scuff too badly for me (have had a ball last over 2 rounds), but I also don't hit too many full wedge shots. Being a 16 cap, straight is what I care about, so for me it is a great ball.

I also agree with what you guys a saying about marketshare, and the fact that titleist's name is so big that they won't need to worry about losing customers, but I was just trying to say that the technology/innovation sector is where they will be losing out.

Plus guess who makes Nike's balls for them? It rhymes with cridgeshone.

I watched one of the launch event videos for the ball and Rock from nike addressed that question when it was asked and said that this time no other ball company is helping with the making of this ball, its only them and dupont...I think the old nike balls were developed by those who rhyme with cridgeshone

Really? Thats what I get for believing what the Bridgestone rep told me.

Changed this year.

now it rhymes with mikey haha

Not really the case either.

I watched one of the launch event videos for the ball and Rock from nike addressed that question when it was asked and said that this time no other ball company is helping with the making of this ball, its only them and dupont...I think the old nike balls were developed by those who rhyme with cridgeshone

R&D maybe, but they are not making their own ball I dont believe.

i tried to burn cb and burnedmyself haha.. gained some info along the way though

Interesting stuff, anyway I got a sleeve of the 20XI-S and I'm putting them into play today.

Edit: Why trying to burn me? Now I'm sad.

Back