Nike 20Xi Golf Ball

i notice the green check, you think the durablity could be with the special release balls? and ill have to find a 3 ball sleeve somewhere,

I dont, but it also could just be me. Look forward to your thoughts.

JB glad im not the only one that was chewing these up with a 7 iron lol, i was shocked to see my irons chew it up almost as bad as my wedges.

That's too bad about the durability and the pictures speak volumes. I'm still intrigued and I am going to put one in play tomorrow to see how it performs.

man, you would think that Nike would know about this. I mean they have various players using these on the pga and lpga? That's alot of $$$ for a ball with durability issues?

It did not affect Titleist for a decade :alien:

But JB, Baby Jesus blesses each one individually! Surely we can overlook that shortcoming!

Reactions: JR
truth be told, I would still like to try this puppy ..... hehe

Played this ball (distance version) for 10.5 holes until I roped a drive into a big oak and where it ended up is anyone's guess.

I only had one small mark from a shot and thought the ball was more durable than I thought it would be. I hit every shot imaginable including bunker, chip, flop, full wedges...shots that might genuinely cause a mark. Based on durability alone, I'd buy the ball. My playing partner also played it and his ball looked great after 9 holes.

I liked the feel of the ball off of all of the clubs.

Iron distance was where it should be.

Driver distance was slightly shorter than expected.

I shot 40 on the front with one birdie. I liked the ball.

Played this ball (distance version) for 10.5 holes until I roped a drive into a big oak and where it ended up is anyone's guess.

I only had one small mark from a shot and thought the ball was more durable than I thought it would be. I hit every shot imaginable including bunker, chip, flop, full wedges...shots that might genuinely cause a mark. Based on durability alone, I'd buy the ball. My playing partner also played it and his ball looked great after 9 holes.

I liked the feel of the ball off of all of the clubs.

Iron distance was where it should be.

Driver distance was slightly shorter than expected.

I shot 40 on the front with one birdie. I liked the ball.

Im really surprised to hear this biggsy, but really glad to hear it as well. I have played 2 rounds now with them (3 balls total) and they look like the pics I put up. I really like the ball's performance, and hearing the durability is better for someone else makes me have some hope.

Maybe the green ones are a little softer for some reason?

Im really surprised to hear this biggsy, but really glad to hear it as well. I have played 2 rounds now with them (3 balls total) and they look like the pics I put up. I really like the ball's performance, and hearing the durability is better for someone else makes me have some hope.

I was dreading the durability given what others had said. Both Chuck and I didn't have that issue.

I don't remember which one you played, but was is the S? Forgive the skim, are the covers the same on both?

I'm not really known to rip a lot of spin on the ball and you spin it more, maybe that has a lot to do with it.

im not using the green one and the durability is horrible, worst i have seen from a premium ball

I was dreading the durability given what others had said. Both Chuck and I didn't have that issue.

I don't remember which one you played, but was is the S? Forgive the skim, are the covers the same on both?

I'm not really known to rip a lot of spin on the ball and you spin it more, maybe that has a lot to do with it.

Used the S for the first round and the X for the second.
Not sure what we are seeing as differences, but I am thrilled that it held up for you. Makes me want to give them a second go around having seen you and Chuck play.

Gotcha, we'll see how it works next round for you.

man, you would think that Nike would know about this. I mean they have various players using these on the pga and lpga? That's alot of $$$ for a ball with durability issues?
It was disappointing seeing the ball getting cut up so quick. I actually want to get them. I would keep them as a keep sake

Doesn't matter much to the pros, they change balls very often during a round.

I thought pros were onlu aloud to carry 6 balls a round!

I thought pros were onlu aloud to carry 6 balls a round!

Nope they can have dozens in there. They will change balls every hole if they put a good wedge into a ball.

I coulda swore I was watchin a tourney and the commentator siad this is his last ball, oh **** that was tin cup haha

I coulda swore I was watchin a tourney and the commentator siad this is his last ball, oh **** that was tin cup haha

SOme only carry a couple, but they can have as many as they can persuade their caddy to carry.

I remember Woods' caddy telling a story where he forgot to put in the balls Woods was practicing putting with the night before, so only had a few balls in the bag at the start of the round. Tiger lost one on 18 at Pebble Beach and so Steve gave him the very last ball he had with him... luckily he didn't lose that one and he won the comp!

Played the "S" version today for 9 holes today. The jury is still out but I get to play it for 18 holes this Sunday.

First thoughts:

-driving-flat out awesome. Ball flight was good, a little lower than what I get with the Penta, but I liked the trajectory. Seemed a little firmer than the Penta.
-irons-great ball flight but it spins too much for me. I backed one off the shelf the flag was on and then down another shelf. I have the same issue with both Prov1's.
-chip/pitch-a little clickier than the Penta to me and again, a lot of spin. Not too much, just more than I have adjusted too. Very good around the green, very good.
-putting-despite feeling a shade clickier than the Penta, I really liked putting this ball. Besides driving, this was the best aspect for me.

DURABILITY-for 4 holes I was thinking that it must just be JB that has the problem with destroying the covers of these. Then I hit an 8 iron off an uphill lie and when I checked the ball it was toast in that spot, just like JB's ball was in the pictures. Next hole was a par 3, 165 yards, 7 iron shot, another mark, but not as bad the first one. Then the super whammy, a shot from 110 yards with my 54* Vokey SM basically violated the ball. I left a dime sized scar that was noticeable from 10 feet away. Hmmm.

Like I said I am using them for 18 holes on Sunday, so I'll have more then. Right now I would say durability is a small concern, but I ruin most premium balls, so it isn't a deal breaker. If anything, I think I figured out that if the S is too clicky for me, and spins too much then I may be back to the Penta because I can't switch to the X for less spin and get an even firmer cover.

Too soon to say because I am simply enchanted with the ball flight off the driver and irons, but not in love with the feel just yet.

Back