Georgia Golf Get Together

Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since KellyBo wants to play old union I will be in the mild form :alien:.. By the way the middle of October has been the target date the last two years so that will suit your schedule just fine.

Mid October is also a certain someone's birthday! :party:
I will have to check this out some more tomorrow after worrying about getting signed up for the outing.

I am in!

This post os TapaTalk serious (so dnt blame me fir misspelled wirds).

I'm thinking small romantic cabin in the mountains for OG and me since it's our anniversary month. That will be the wild cabin! Haha! Yeah right!

I am in!

This post os TapaTalk serious (so dnt blame me fir misspelled wirds).

Are you sure you can take off then, I mean after all you are a working man now. :clapp:

I'm thinking small romantic cabin in the mountains for OG and me since it's our anniversary month. That will be the wild cabin! Haha! Yeah right!

That post made me LOL, I may be bring my bride and staying else where too, haven't chiseled anything in stone as yet.

That post made me LOL, I may be bring my bride and staying else where too, haven't chiseled anything in stone as yet.

Maybe we can have a couples cabin and a wild guy's cabin!

I was gonna ask....where would be the best place to look for rooms?
Somewhere AWAY from the anniversary types... :party:

I was gonna ask....where would be the best place to look for rooms?
Somewhere AWAY from the anniversary types... :party:

OG has someone he has rented a cabin from for the last 2 years. It's a really good price. We can start looking around and throwing around dates. October is a high season so we might want to keep an open mind on the dates.

OG has someone he has rented a cabin from for the last 2 years. It's a really good price. We can start looking around and throwing around dates. October is a high season so we might want to keep an open mind on the dates.

We've (wifey and I, of course) looked online more than a few times and thought about going up there and getting a cabin. You ARE talking one of those big 4 or 6 bedroom types, right? Could be a big event with anniversaries and birthday going on!

I like the response so far and this looks like it could be a really fun get together. There are some really huge cabins around Blairsville. The one I rented the last two years was 3400 square foot and could sleep 14 people. There was a cabin right next to it a bit smaller that slept eight. Beautiful mountain we stayed on and plenty of bears to wrestle. I love it! Glad to see some of our regulars chime in and some newbies so this should be a great time for all.

Setho -- Super charged about your new job dude and congrats!

LPM, T0AD, DMB, it's good to see you guys showing some interest! T0AD I am sure since it's your B -Day month and KellyBo and my anniversary, we can have a big dinner out one night. There is a great restaurant in Blairsville that we like to visit on Saturday night.

Well, the more I do for/with wifey before I head off to an outing as a single....the easier it'll be for all of us. :curl-lip:

KellyBo and I are planning a Get Together this October in Blairsville, Ga. I bumped up this thread to see if there may be some interest and share some ideas. We are looking at Friday & Saturday golf days and departing on Sunday. Old Union Golf course is also on the menu and it is one of the best and most enjoyable golf courses I have ever played.

http://www.butternutcreekgolf.com/

http://www.olduniongolf.com/#home

This get together will be for everyone to include non golfers who like the mountain scenery and it is beautiful in October! More to come as this is just a heads up to get the ball rolling. Hiawassee Ga. is just over the mountain and has much to do for non golfers to shop mountain style with flea markets etc.

http://www.mountaintopga.com/hotels_motels_and_resorts.asp

Looking forward to a North Ga. mountain weekend then let's get er done!

I would like to play at least one day with you folks if you have room for an old lefty.

We've (wifey and I, of course) looked online more than a few times and thought about going up there and getting a cabin. You ARE talking one of those big 4 or 6 bedroom types, right? Could be a big event with anniversaries and birthday going on!

Be lots of tourist up there on the weekends for the fall leaves changing. We went up to Helen during that time last year, I wasn't a THP member then:sad: so I had no idea what I was missing. So looking forward to this and we will probably stay at least till Monday to check everything out before heading south again.

I would like to play at least one day with you folks if you have room for an old lefty.

My understanding is the more the merrier, I don't think any THPer would be excluded that wants to be there.

I know plans are Friday and Saturday golf but anyone looking to maybe play Saturday and Sunday I would probably be up for that. Little hard to swing Friday golf if it isn't "work" related but maybe I can try. :D

I know plans are Friday and Saturday golf but anyone looking to maybe play Saturday and Sunday I would probably be up for that. Little hard to swing Friday golf if it isn't "work" related but maybe I can try. :D

JD -- We are putting this discussion on the back burner for now. If you need to follow any updates click on the community/groups/south eastern golfers on the link tabs . This applies to all who are interested please use the community/group link for future comments etc.

Ok since the 2012 THP Outing had been filled to capacity and the Morgan Cup is in August and the folks that are going to attend that event should be set. We have a Georgia Get Together in Blairsville, Ga. October 14th, 15th, & 16th. If you are interested in a smaller Southeastern Get Together where we just play golf and socialize, then this is the thread to post your interest. KellyBo and I will be making a trip up there soon to play with a foursome or two to finalize the plans with the two courses involved. Tee times must be secured and tournament dates must be cleared. I will personally talk to the owner of two very large cabins to see if they will be available. It will depend on the courses as to how many tee times we can get, so I need a head count by September 1st on who will be attending! I was thinking five foursomes but we will up it to eight foursomes or the first 32 people who commit. This is rather large as we started out with I think 12 people at the first SEO and now we are adding couples to the mix. Some of you may have to secure your own cabins or Motel rooms. The large cabin will be the central location for meetings and cookouts however you should plan on booking a spot in the local vicinity very near Blairsville to assure your accommodation. I will contact the golf courses this weekend to confirm if the dates we are shooting for are good. I am not sure if we can get a discount unless the Calloway family are planning on attending. They have connections. If they can't make it as the Morgan Cup is in August we will still work to see if we can justify a price reduction in green fees due to the quantity of players attending. Focus on the dates for now and plan on booking your own rooms. You can cancel if one of the big cabins does not fill up and stay there. More to come in the next few days.

Last edited:
Count me as committed my friend, I will be staying in a nearby motel so my wife can just walk around town and shop during the day. She does not like driving in a strange town.

I am looking forward to this one. Should be a great time.

Just finished up my schedule for October and cleared that weekend out...
Ready to play some golf with my SE brethren..

I will be coming in Friday night.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

I will be contacting the golf courses tomorrow for some info regarding this trip.

Hopefully I will be free and get to come and meet some of you in person since you all will be in my area. Sounds like it will be a fun time, and hopefully I will be good enough to show my face out there. Really hitting the courses starting this month, while becoming a daddy. So it should be interesting.

Back