Deal of the Day and Coupon Code thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take no news as good news, I signed up as a guest just in case, and havent received another notification otherwise

Mine was as a guest also and I did not receive any notification. But when I clicked on the order status in the confirmation email it said cancelled. This is GolfSmith's way of not pissing people off: hope they don't notice when we just cancel without sending an email.

Mine was as a guest also and I did not receive any notification. But when I clicked on the order status in the confirmation email it said cancelled. This is GolfSmith's way of not pissing people off: hope they don't notice when we just cancel without sending an email.

I dont see a link in the email, I see a order # and customer #, but thats it. If they cancel it, no biggy to me, as I figured something was going on, but I do expect to have my money back asap

I just sent them a not so nice email. It is not the customer's fault that they suck as a company when it comes to putting correct pricing on their website. Honor the deal, especially for the fact that they have my money and didnt even have the courtesy to send an email. My order history on the website when I log in is completely blank. When I click the link in the CONFIRMATION email it shows cancelled. I am really starting to hate Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy but I have no alternative around here.

I dont see a link in the email, I see a order # and customer #, but thats it. If they cancel it, no biggy to me, as I figured something was going on, but I do expect to have my money back asap

The money hasn't been taken, it's just held against your account. Will be available to spend within a few days usually

I understand that mistakes happen. I understand not being able to honor that mistake when it happens. I do, however, have a problem with the fact they did not have the courtesy to send an email explaining the mistake and perhaps even offering a future discount in an effort to retain customers. I tried contacting customer service at an 800 number(not the one on the webpage) but they do not open until 8am CDT. We will see at that time what they have to say.

Mine has been cancelled too. Knew it was too good to be true.

Mine says canceled and I didn't sign in as a guest. Hmmm...

my thing is why sell something you dont have in inventory. When I had an ecommerce site, there are simple ways to not sell more of something that you have. Just seems like maybe they dont want to take the bloodbath in pricing losses if indeed it was an error.

I understand that mistakes happen. I understand not being able to honor that mistake when it happens. I do, however, have a problem with the fact they did not have the courtesy to send an email explaining the mistake and perhaps even offering a future discount in an effort to retain customers. I tried contacting customer service at an 800 number(not the one on the webpage) but they do not open until 8am CDT. We will see at that time what they have to say.

There in lies the problem I have as well. I sent them an email. We will see what they say.

Just got off the phone with "Richard" at CS. He said that they are "sorry" for the error and an email will be sent today explaining the error. He does not know if it includes a discount code or not, but if not, I am to call back and ask for one. OK, lets see what happens now.
I don't know how many of you have ordered from the THP store, but Golfsmith needs to take a lesson from the GolferGal school of Customer Service. She has me so spoiled that I Biatch if my order isn't here by the time the next page loads.

Just got off the phone with "Richard" at CS. He said that they are "sorry" for the error and an email will be sent today explaining the error. He does not know if it includes a discount code or not, but if not, I am to call back and ask for one. OK, lets see what happens now.
I don't know how many of you have ordered from the THP store, but Golfsmith needs to take a lesson from the GolferGal school of Customer Service. She has me so spoiled that I Biatch if my order isn't here by the time the next page loads.

So you spoke to a "Dick" at Golfsmith. Sounds about right.

299129_im_RED~BLK____5_gsi

total comes to $18ish w/sales tax after promo code "JXT012CVN" for 15% off + free shipping

Dang, that bag would have looked great on the Clicgear push cart that Sports Authority had on sale a while back :at-wits-end:

I have a feeling that even if you get a discount code it'll be a foo foo code like 10% off one item excluding all major golf brands so all you can buy are MacGregor and Snake Eyes stuff. Golfsmith has a terrible record at keeping the customer happy on honoring screw ups by their staff. Personally, unless I know what I want and they're the cheapest and only game in town I would not go to them for anything. Their CS is piss poor and their practices are downright ludicrous.

Welcome to the world of crappy Golfsmith customer service, they don't know the meaning of "service"!

Mine was cancelled too. Shoot, I really wanted that bag. I will definitely be contacting customer service.

Golfsmith uses that crappy FED EX home delivery too. Never know when you're gonna get the package.

dang, that bag would have looked great on the clicgear push cart that sports authority had on sale a while back :at-wits-end:

hahahahahaahhahahahaha

(yes cancelled - no e-mail and mastercard shows I was charged)

I just sent them a not so nice email. It is not the customer's fault that they suck as a company when it comes to putting correct pricing on their website. Honor the deal, especially for the fact that they have my money and didnt even have the courtesy to send an email. My order history on the website when I log in is completely blank. When I click the link in the CONFIRMATION email it shows cancelled. I am really starting to hate Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy but I have no alternative around here.

mine shows the same thing. wow...

I got a call from Barry at Eidolon golf today.

All last years high spin wedges are being clearanced out. Steel shafts are $89 each. Graphite are $99 each. Free shipping if you buy two or more. Bigger price drop if you buy 4. I hate that I cannot take advantage of this because I have heard some great thing about Eidolon wedges. I know there are a few guys here at THP that use them, and praise them up and down.

I asked Barry if he would mind me posting this here at THP, and he said no problem... Give them my cell phone number while you are at it. So here it is: 361-571-7345

Hopefully someone here can jump all over it! Let them know you are coming from THP.

Edit: I was not led to believe that this was a one day thing. These will be on sale until they are gone.

Last edited:
I got a call from Barry at Eidolon golf today.

All last years high spin wedges are being clearanced out. Steel shafts are $89 each. Graphite are $99 each. Free shipping if you buy two or more. Bigger price drop if you buy 4. I hate that I cannot take advantage of this because I have heard some great thing about Eidolon wedges. I know there are a few guys here at THP that use them, and praise them up and down.

I asked Barry if he would mind me posting this here at THP, and he said no problem... Give them my cell phone number while you are at it. So here it is: 361-571-7345

Hopefully someone here can jump all over it! Let them know you are coming from THP.

If I hadn't just bought new wedges, I would jump all over this. I have heard nothing but good about these as well.

I guess I didn't get the cart bag either. :) Oh well I didn't have high hopes.

I got the following e-mail from golfsmith:

Re: Order # %%ORDER NUMBER%%
Thank you for choosing Golfsmith. Regrettably we are unable to fulfill your order for the 2009 DLX Cart Bag. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience and poor experience. We have canceled your order and you will not be charged.
Again, we are sorry for the mistake and hope you will give us a second chance the next time you shop for golf gear.
Sincerely,
Golfsmith Customer Service Team
1-800-925-7709

I got the following e-mail from golfsmith:

Re: Order # %%ORDER NUMBER%%
Thank you for choosing Golfsmith. Regrettably we are unable to fulfill your order for the 2009 DLX Cart Bag. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience and poor experience. We have canceled your order and you will not be charged.
Again, we are sorry for the mistake and hope you will give us a second chance the next time you shop for golf gear.
Sincerely,
Golfsmith Customer Service Team
1-800-925-7709

same here, oh well I'll continue to NOT shop there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back