Your take on cargo shorts

I never understood why people care what "other" people wear on the golf course. As long as they are following the dress code of that course it shouldnt matter. I say wear your cargo shorts as long as your course allows it.

I guess it sort of sets the reputation of that club. . . .

It allows the people to get a feel for the club (aside from the course, that is). Sadly, my club has alot of denim, cargo shorts and the occasional male tank top :excruciating: :rain: :stickbeat: :stickbeat: :stickbeat:

I never understood why people care what "other" people wear on the golf course. As long as they are following the dress code of that course it shouldnt matter. I say wear your cargo shorts as long as your course allows it.

I'm not sure the OP is actually asking what you think about other people, but of what your take is on wearing them..

That's a good point... Are we talking this:
mens-cargo-shorts-07m025-872.jpg

or this:
18c5f2523afd6faaa7c56df1074b0081.jpg

I do think the second example are pretty much okay.

The second example. I wouldn't even practice in the first pair!

I could care less what anyone else wears, simply stating my own personal taste.

You are not the only one my friend!!

Tapping my way down the highway

It is why I love Mr. Ian Poulter's style. He could have been in that!! :D

Absolutely not, infact I make fun of my buddy all the time for it.

I love cargo shorts. I wont wear on a super nice course but depends on the area really. I love the extra pockets when Im walking. Ive had someone say something at a muni and I offered to let them go on without me.

They fit me better too. I dont care what others wear.

Sent from my Tapatalk App

I love cargo shorts. I wont wear on a super nice course but depends on the area really. I love the extra pockets when Im walking. Ive had someone say something at a muni and I offered to let them go on without me.

They fit me better too. I dont care what others wear.

Sent from my Tapatalk App

did you have on your wheely shoes too?

I wear em and have no problem admitting it. To me they are comfortable and combined with my straps and buckles as well as a nice collared shirt looks much much better than so many that seem to try too hard at all the courses I play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm like most everyone else, where as it just depends on where your at. If your course doesn't require a collared shirt then i wouldn't worry about it.

I wear cargo shorts all the time, but wouldn't wear them to PGA national or TPC sawgrass or something like that

I like them and wear them when I play. Haven´t really given them much thought other than they´re comfy to wear.

I wear golf shorts to play golf in.
I would never wear cargo shorts to play golf.
Frankly dont care what someone else wears as long as it is in the rules.
I feel the same way about cargo shorts that I do about jeans.
Fortunately at the clubs we belong to, they have pretty good rules.

I do find it kind of funny that some people feel as though they would not wear them to play nicer courses. I guess they think what many others think, just dont feel as though its necessary everywhere.

Why would anyone want to wear cotton shorts on the golf course. Has Robert Garrigus taught us nothing?
Before someone says "not all cargo shorts are cotton"...True...But Check your tag, as I would bet 90% of them are.

I wear them casually (off the course) but choose not to wear them at any golf course; but if someone else chooses to I have no issue with it.

I don't think they have any place on a golf course. Just my opinion though

I don't really have much cargo to carry around, so I stick to normal shorts.

My cargo shorts carry my junk. Pun intended

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I wear cargo shorts all the time at our local course as it is county public course. When I travel to a nice course I pull out my dress shorts as that is usually expected at those facilities. Some of the nice state park golf courses in Georgia, you could go either way and not be looked at as a poor dresser.

I wear flat-pocket cargo shorts to golf in routinely. I don't own any that have the billowly pockets, that resemble cut-off bdu trousers, so I can't comment on those. With wearing a uniform everyday... I dress to be comfortable when not on duty. I've never had anyone comment on my attire while golfing, but I usually check the dress code if golfing on an unfamiliar course and common sense does come into play. Our foursome had "Poulter Day" earlier this month on our regular course. Everyone drressed as flashy as they could stand and broke-out their worst fake accents. It was a riot and a fun way to relax over this serious game we all love.

I wear golf shorts to play golf in.
I would never wear cargo shorts to play golf.
Frankly dont care what someone else wears as long as it is in the rules.
I feel the same way about cargo shorts that I do about jeans.
Fortunately at the clubs we belong to, they have pretty good rules.

I do find it kind of funny that some people feel as though they would not wear them to play nicer courses. I guess they think what many others think, just dont feel as though its necessary everywhere.

Why would anyone want to wear cotton shorts on the golf course. Has Robert Garrigus taught us nothing?
Before someone says "not all cargo shorts are cotton"...True...But Check your tag, as I would bet 90% of them are.

Heh, I don't think any material in the world coulda helped that mess. Unfortunately that will probably be me in August, on camera no less.

Cotton is very comfortable and out here there is the issue ofhumidity is not nearly as much an concern as there is in Florida or other parts of the country. I dont think Garrigus was wearing cargo shorts when he had his "issues". Golf pants or shorts that are 90+% polyester (96% for a complany like Sligo are gonna cause a person problems for sure!!

I was always a cargo short man, until the day I finished playing and there was more water on butt than in my water bottle.

I wear cotton cargos and drink beer (not when playing) and never had a problem. However, after seeing this maybe I'll change.

I think neatness and care counts more than what is being worn. I've seen some guys show up for golf with collared shirts and linen-type shorts that were wrinkled and looked awful. Conversely I've played with guys wearing nice collar-less shirts and cargo shorts who looked great.

Personally, I like cargo shorts and a collared polo shirt - very comfortable. And I have ironed both prior to playing golf to get rid of any wrinkles after being washed.

Back