The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're playing a part? Why should you have to play a part, just be yourself. It's silly if people try to act like one thing when they're not that in reality, sounds like what internet golfers in other places do, not on here.

The fact that you are giving me advice on how to be and participate on the forum is comical. Stay in the minor leagues chump.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I guess that is the closest we will get to M. Night Dolphin making another video....hehe

Sorry that you missed my XFT unboxing video, I did put it up after your bedtime the other night.

Why not? Look closely at the match ups. You and biggsy highly overestimate your short games (which includes putting), jake and my brother on paper should beat me and kmac but I have both their numbers, esox and yoccos are outclassed completely by dd and ad, and ddec and hairy are way too over confident when it comes to cg13. Coolbreeze's strong suit is off the tee and he's sneaky long. Your yankee teammates are out of their league big time.

I'm just calling it like it is. Your captain has openly said to your team that noone on your team can beat aha. So you tell me where you're gonna win a point? You're way too cocky for your own good. A guy with your length and ball striking should be embarrassed to shoot in the high 70's and low 80's. And you just can't putt. That would suck.

I am embarrassed when I shoot in the 80s. I have never overestimated my short game, we all know it is terrible, but I do hit a lot of GIRs. Playing with a Florida native will help me a lot on the greens.

I think I *may* be able to take out AHA but I'd have to have a great game. There is a lot more than just one match in the MC though. So keep dreaming.

Tappin the keg!

Sorry that you missed my XFT unboxing video, I did put it up after your bedtime the other night.

If you have not skimmed, you would see that I was not referring to unboxing videos in my thoughts.
I was specific when I said it would be nice to have participation in videos without the need to get free gear. But that is just me, and obviously not part of the rules of the Morgan Cup.
If it takes you getting a package to get a video up, I guess you are a few behind then....And of course we will only get a couple of more from you then huh?

The fact that you are giving me advice on how to be and participate on the forum is comical. Stay in the minor leagues chump.

So I try to ask you a question and I get that as a response, nice. I'll ask again: do you feel like you have to play a certain role on here?

So I try to ask you a question and I get that as a response, nice. I'll ask again: do you feel like you have to play a certain role on here?

:popcorn:

Sure. Your entire team and jake has me pegged as some doucher. Why not. I owe you no explanations. I'm classless. I'm cocky and I'm all about me. I could care less about this event as long as I win my matches. Or am I just playing the role? It doesn't matter. I'm ecstatic to be involved in something ground breaking and of epic proportions. I could care less if I win a single point. Or am I just playing the role?

Yeah, that's not right either. Jake's got decent length off the tee but it's not overwhelming. I've seen kmac outdrive him, and beat him. Jake is really good at his wide ass open golf course in South Dakota.

This made me laugh.

Yeah no way that is the case. Jake can bomb his driver out there at least 3 bills. He is an honorary member of the bomb squad.

Tappin the keg!

With standards like these you don't even deserve a nickname.

Wonder what Biggsy is gonna think when his hand picked team of choice loses. It's gonna be a crushing to morale.

Just got back from 36 holes today. I had my matchplay tournament this morning bright and early, which sort of sucked. I had a touch of "longneck-itus" and shot +9 on the front. I got some things going on the back and shot +1 for an 81.

FiR: 7
GiR: 10
Putts: 38

My putter was letting me down on the front 9. I got on one of the par 5's in 2 and had about a 20 foot putt straight uphill, resulting in a 4 putt bogey. Three other 3 putts on the front, too. I settled on the back 9 and had 7 straight GiR's resulting in 7 straight 2 putt pars. Failed to get up and down on 17 and bogeyed, but managed to par 18.

After a quick bite to eat, another friend and I played from the back tees (6700). I was feeling pretty good and played well. I didn't have the best shots into the green, but the new xFT wedges were helping me stick 'em close to save par.

GiR: 7
Putts: 30

I ended up shooting the lowest round yet above 6200 yards...77. I am loving the new wedges. I had quite a few chips that left me with putts less than 2'. My driver worked well today, but my approach shots were a little off.

I somehow managed to have tomorrow off, so I plan on playing at least 18 and maybe a range session.

Good shooting partner...don't worry about the putting, I'll be showing you the lines all day.

Good shooting partner...don't worry about the putting, I'll be showing you the lines all day.

I like this ad! I think you two are a tough matchup for esox and yoccos. Can they put their NFC North differences aside?

I like this ad! I think you two are a tough matchup for esox and yoccos. Can they put their NFC North differences aside?

Esox and Yoccos will be fine, they're just going to envision DD and ad wearing Vikings jerseys, and it'll be no problem for Esox and Yoccos to team up after that.

Thanks AD. Maybe you can let me in on some tips to not hit the ground first as well. That was a big problem today.

Long day of work around the house today (mowing, power washing, cleaning out the garage, etc.) so no golf for me today for the first time in a while. I did, however, clean up my Callaway irons while I was cleaning out the garage so they are ready when I head to the course tomorrow.

Lots of talk about the matchups for the first round going on lately. I honestly think the matchups are pretty solid and will produce some compelling matches that (hopefully) come down to the wire. The morning session is particularly balanced because, as we all know, anything can happen in a scramble. That being said, I'm looking forward to playing with JRod and against biggsy and belbin.

Oops I thihnk I just vomited. You guys better hope both your tee games are on point, because thats about the only chance you have. If AHA is finding fairways and I can let the big dog hunt your advantage will be nothing.

I like the sound of that.

Just got back from 36 holes today. I had my matchplay tournament this morning bright and early, which sort of sucked. I had a touch of "longneck-itus" and shot +9 on the front. I got some things going on the back and shot +1 for an 81.

GiR: 10
Putts: 38

My putter was letting me down on the front 9. I got on one of the par 5's in 2 and had about a 20 foot putt straight uphill, resulting in a 4 putt bogey. Three other 3 putts on the front, too. I settled on the back 9 and had 7 straight GiR's resulting in 7 straight 2 putt pars. Failed to get up and down on 17 and bogeyed, but managed to par 18.

After a quick bite to eat, another friend and I played from the back tees (6700). I was feeling pretty good and played well. I didn't have the best shots into the green, but the new xFT wedges were helping me stick 'em close to save par.

GiR: 7
Putts: 30

I ended up shooting the lowest round yet above 6200 yards...77. I am loving the new wedges. I had quite a few chips that left me with putts less than 2'. My driver worked well today, but my approach shots were a little off.

I somehow managed to have tomorrow off, so I plan on playing at least 18 and maybe a range session.

Good playing DD!

Played terribly today. Pretty good off the tee, but man I'm struggling with my approach shots. Not hitting anything solid. I went through this in May, and then struck the ball so nicely for a month or so. I need to work through it.

42-41. Ugh. And by the way. Our greens suck. Too damn slow. Can't wait for tomorrow to play Erin Hills to putt on some fast greens. But I need to hit my irons better or it's going to be a waste of doh ray me. I plan on heading up early looking for a break through. Going to play from 6,700 yards, so the mid-irons need to behave.

Kevin

Sorry man, I was starting to feel like I was the only one talking crap, and I am not even playing!
Really...you must of missed the barrage of videos me and my team fired out last week. You should go check this thread out. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-Morgan-Cup-Pre-Event-Videos&highlight=morgan

How could the Paradisians allow their captain and Belbin to be on the same scramble team? Their length would have been a huge advantage in 2 matches, but you weren't smart enough to split them up. It is mistakes like these that will be your downfall!
You obviously don't understand how a Captaincy works. I make the call representing my team, it's a team decision. Not everybody is going to agree on the same thing. I think we paired the teams to make the best and most compelling matches from top to bottom. I spent a good 8 hours working on match-ups before our conference call for the scramble match-ups and not once did I have myself paired with Belbin in the scramble. I bombarded my team for their input on the match-ups. I went through their scores and individual stats, there was a lot of effort that went into it. It just worked out that way because of the handicap gaps and trying to make match-ups balanced. We were also two Taylormade staffers paired against two Callaway staffers, adding a little more drama to it.

I take it you've never played the Watson course. Especially at the yardage we are playing, length DOESN'T matter. I would have liked to have seen the course longer, but that wasn't my call I respect their decision to play where we are playing. In the end, we'll make a good pairing and AHA and Jrod are going to have their work cut out for them.

ddec and ary are playing together before the event, making them a perfect pairing. I always knew I was going to have P4B playing with One-T in at least one match and I think Esox is the perfect mentor for young Yoccos. Plus, who doesn't want to see a Bears fan and Packers fan getting together! These teams and pairings balanced out well with the pairings from Hackers.

It is mistakes like these that will be your downfall!
Thanks for tuning in!

I thought the same thing man, I would have split that long but wrong duo up.
You also like women's tennis.

Oh no, I know others were involved, but that should have never been allowed to happen! You have to fight to give your team the best competitive edge you can, and allowing this to happen is inexcusable!
It's about so much more than competitive edge. Our team comes in with a lower handicap and we are the stronger team, it's already a competitive edge.

I would have thought the same thing. Although the more I think of it, the more I like it. Let's face it everyone figures AHA to get 3 points with no problem. He's the lowest hdcp and he has some serious game. But this match up could(no guarantee from me) take a point away. I think all of the first round of pairings are pretty even and should provide some close matches.
Nothing like disheartening two of their best players in the first two matches.

The team paradise captain requested his partnership. I said I would play with whoever and that's how it worked out.
Correct, at some point I wanted to play with Ryan, I thought it would make a strong team. I originally had it in the Best Ball against TC and AHA. It worked out to be in the scramble.

On one hand I sort of agree with the thought that having the two long knockers n the same team could be perceived as a mistake. On another hand I don't know everyone's game well enough to make that call. I can only assume that mon' Capitan has a plan and that it will succeed. It's a ballsy move, and I give him credit for that.
Thank you for your support!

I do think that Team Paradise needs a new nickname for their subteam of Biggsy and Belbin. I mean the Bash Brothers. Didnt those guys both basically get busted for cheating?
Why does it have to be about the original Bash Brothers in Oakland in a different sport? In golf, when two or more long hitters are paired together, frequently they call them Bash Brothers. At Bay Hill this year, Johnson, Woodland and Woods were paired together and billed as The Bash Brothers. At the WGC in 2009 in Akron, Quiros and Holmes were also referred to as the Bash Brothers. I believe Overton and Watson paired together at the Ryder Cup were the Bash Brothers.

I don't mind that pairing at all. The way I look at it is that we've both got our best teams of the first round going head to head. I like it and I like our teams chances against your guys. Having the bomb squad on one team just means that its quite likely that they'll be shortening up that course considerably no matter who's ball they use off the tee. I like it myself. I actually like all our round 1 pairings and match ups.
I like the sound of The Bomb Squad! Nice one Jake!

Man thread is quite this morning, 4th of july I guess. Normally when this PST fella gets out of bed and gets to work there is 4-5 pages to catch up on from the EST'ers. Anyway happy 4th of July my American brothers and sisters. Be safe out there, and hopefully you can get out there and work on your games. I know I am.

I'm just calling it like it is. Your captain has openly said to your team that noone on your team can beat aha. So you tell me where you're gonna win a point? You're way too cocky for your own good. A guy with your length and ball striking should be embarrassed to shoot in the high 70's and low 80's. And you just can't putt. That would suck.
Not once have I said that openly. But like every member of your team, we've discussed him. We've broken down every player. AHA will be a tough point, but his intensity will get the best of him. We never did hear how he did against the defending club champ in match play...

Not once have I said that openly. But like every member of your team, we've discussed him. We've broken down every player. AHA will be a tough point, but his intensity will get the best of him. We never did hear how he did against the defending club champ in match play...

Yes we did skimmer, he beat him 3 and 2 and believe.

If it takes you getting a package to get a video up, I guess you are a few behind then....And of course we will only get a couple of more from you then huh?
In all fairness, there are many other MCers who have been lax in the video department.

In all fairness, there are many other MCers who have been lax in the video department.

No question about it. I have been vocal in this thread about participation both involving video and involvement in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back