The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what, as much as it pains me to say it, I agree with you completely.

I was asked my "honest" opinion, I gave it, got ripped apart (like always in here), and now I'm the bad guy again. Funny how that works.
Holy sh!t....TC and Jake are agreeing in this thread for the 2nd time in a week. We better change that tomorrow.

On that note, I'm going to bed. 4:40am comes mighty early! Great day in here, I love to see all the Team Paradise supporters. I love to see ALL the support for that matter, pick us, pick them, it doesn't matter, just hop aboard for a great event. We love all the support!

Holy sh!t....TC and Jake are agreeing in this thread for the 2nd time in a week. We better change that tomorrow.

On that note, I'm going to bed. 4:40am comes mighty early! Great day in here, I love to see all the Team Paradise supporters. I love to see ALL the support for that matter, pick us, pick them, it doesn't matter, just hop aboard for a great event. We love all the support!

Well said...couldn't agree more.

I would like to interrupt the trash talking to bring you news about people actually playing golf!

That's right, as biggsy alluded to earlier today, ddec and I got together for a round of golf earlier today. I was a little nervous going into it because I had never met him before, but things went pretty well, I know that we're going to make a good team. Our games and our demeanors on the golf course are pretty similar, so that will be a good thing in Florida in August. We also shot a little video at the end of our round on ddec's camera, he should be bringing it to this thread soon.

Anyways, we're already talking about getting together for another round up here before we head down to Florida for the Morgan Cup. We're doing everything that we can to have our games in great shape for the tournament.

Funny moment of the round #1: a guy that we got paired with coming up to Ddec and saying to him "You look just like Graeme McDowell!" So Team Paradise has a major champion on our squad!

Funny moment of the round #2: playing hole #16, a 578 yard par 5. I went driver, 5-hybrid to the middle of the green, and ddec hit 2 3-woods to get to the green. We felt like we were part of the Bomb Squad! I guess I should mention that the hole has a 150 foot drop from the tee to the green, so it plays a lot like the 18th hole at Kapalua. Still, it was pretty cool to see that I had a 358 yard drive when I looked at the GPS on the cart.

I think ddec looks like Gmac too hairy. Sounds like you had a good time. It is a bit nerve wracking tee'ing it up with a THP'er for the first time huh?

Ary, do you like elevators too? DDec loves him some elevators.

Hmmm. ddec = Gmac?

Did you guys hit up some anesthesia during your little long driving love fest?

But you don't know the afternoon match ups, so how can you determine that TP gets 3 wins on day one and TH gets 1?

Thank you belbin. I don't think he gets it.

I didn't say that. I said I think I have a tough match. All I said is that I think 3-1 finish after the am session sounds about right. That's typically how these things go. I don't really know who loses.

Let me guess, you see it 4-0 TP after the am session? Since we're "being honest". I think you and belbin get smoked to be honest. I think you two pairing up is just odd. You know nothing about JRod and you both highly underestimate his game off the tee and out of the fairway. And you know what AHA can do with irons/wedges/putter. I think you expect to ride Ryan's coat tails to the green and you're going to make all the putts. Sorry bro, I don't see that happening at all. I think you guys get picked apart by better ball strikers and guys with better short games. That will always trump length (and JRod has that too).

I agree with your assesment of that matchup between The Bombers and AHA/JRod. Add in the fact that I think AHA will be taking his iron shots first a lot. Him sticking it close will put even more pressure on Biggsy/Belbin. I think that is a terrible matchup for the Bombers to be honest

I think ddec looks like Gmac too hairy. Sounds like you had a good time. It is a bit nerve wracking tee'ing it up with a THP'er for the first time huh?

That's why I wore black shorts, I didn't want ddec to know if I wet myself from being so nervous. Luckily that didn't happen.

Ary, do you like elevators too? DDec loves him some elevators.

Spank, we didn't talk about elevators, didn't want to bring up the craziness of the past. :wink:

I agree with your assesment of that matchup between The Bombers and AHA/JRod. Add in the fact that I think AHA will be taking his iron shots first a lot. Him sticking it close will put even more pressure on Biggsy/Belbin. I think that is a terrible matchup for the Bombers to be honest

Be careful chunky. Subjectivity and honesty is frowned upon in here. But you're a smart dude, and seem to be a logical guy who understands golf and how it works. But biggsy made a guarantee, similar to what he mocked cg13 for doing. Again, more irony. See the reoccurring theme here? Captain Meme is now a name deserving of TP's Captain.

Thanks for the vote of confidence buddy! That's some real Team Hackers support right there!

Spank, we didn't talk about elevators, didn't want to bring up the craziness of the past. :wink:

Thought that might have been a good ice breaker there. :D

Glad you got to meet Dean. He's a good guy. You guys will make a good pairing. Just make sure he lays off Uncle Daddy's sweet tea the night before and you guys will be fine.

Thought that might have been a good ice breaker there. :D

Glad you got to meet Dean. He's a good guy. You guys will make a good pairing. Just make sure he lays off Uncle Daddy's sweet tea the night before and you guys will be fine.

Dammit Spank! That was my backup plan.

HOLY CRAP, I leave for a few hours to take my son to the Market night of the summer and this thread explodes with trash talk, new supporters and just great banter. To some up some of what I"ve read, SuperTuna glad to have you on board, you are a great addition to our team, Dr Teeth, I'm really dissapointed in you, you used to be cool man, we were plane buddies. I agree with TC that he has the hardest matchup of the morning rounds but I'm not worried about it, I think we take that matchup. I've got to read some more in this thread, but Team Hackers comes out of the morning rounds up points for sure, how many I don't know, but up points we will be.

Why so defensive? It's the match up you requested. I found it odd. So do a lot of other folks. So why don't you just educate the people? Your reaction here is what's odd. You asked for my opinion on the match ups and I gave it. Sorry if it wasn't what you wanted to hear. I'm sure you'll be fine. Ironically, where's Jake calling you Captain MeMe, b/c that's precisely what you sound like in your last couple slightly egotistical posts.

I already addressed the pairing earlier in this thread. I asked about your prediction and you went into a dissertation.

I was tongue and cheek for a good part of that post, thus being so over the top and then saying seriously in the next post. Maybe I needed to activate some Ole Gray emoticons.

Everyone still loves you TC.

I'll say this again. I'm really glad that we have so many new people following along and both teams have gained supporters. I'm really thinking this unbelievable event will pick up a lot of steam heading into August.

As far as the matches...We love trash talking and busting balls and none of this talk really matters. That's why we play the game.

Dammit Spank! That was my backup plan.

Backup plan? That would have been my primary objective. Then trap him in an elevator right before tee time. It's like a mouse to cheese. :D

I would like to interrupt the trash talking to bring you news about people actually playing golf!

That's right, as biggsy alluded to earlier today, ddec and I got together for a round of golf earlier today. I was a little nervous going into it because I had never met him before, but things went pretty well, I know that we're going to make a good team. Our games and our demeanors on the golf course are pretty similar, so that will be a good thing in Florida in August. We also shot a little video at the end of our round on ddec's camera, he should be bringing it to this thread soon.

Anyways, we're already talking about getting together for another round up here before we head down to Florida for the Morgan Cup. We're doing everything that we can to have our games in great shape for the tournament.

Funny moment of the round #1: a guy that we got paired with coming up to Ddec and saying to him "You look just like Graeme McDowell!" So Team Paradise has a major champion on our squad!

Funny moment of the round #2: playing hole #16, a 578 yard par 5. I went driver, 5-hybrid to the middle of the green, and ddec hit 2 3-woods to get to the green. We felt like we were part of the Bomb Squad! I guess I should mention that the hole has a 150 foot drop from the tee to the green, so it plays a lot like the 18th hole at Kapalua. Still, it was pretty cool to see that I had a 358 yard drive when I looked at the GPS on the cart.

Sounds like you guys had a blast! Ddec really does have an uncanny resemblance to GMac...was he sporting the painters cap?

Heard you guys may have shot a video...

Ary I'm happy to hear you were able to tee it up with your playing partner...and play with a THP'er from the same tee box. lol

Be careful chunky. Subjectivity and honesty is frowned upon in here. But you're a smart dude, and seem to be a logical guy who understands golf and how it works. But biggsy made a guarantee, similar to what he mocked cg13 for doing. Again, more irony. See the reoccurring theme here? Captain Meme is now a name deserving of TP's Captain.

You guys really aren't original. There is only one Captain MeMe. What was my guarantee?

The trash talk can be fun...as long is doesn't get lost in animosity...I can't imagine anyone has posted anything that is only in the spirit of good fun...at least I hope so. :)

Sean I think it is always meant to be in fun. Then somehow it gets lost in translation and feelings get hurt. Then bro hugs and everyone goes to sleep to start new the next day

You guys really aren't original. There is only one Captain MeMe. What was my guarantee?

birdie puts on every hole?

I'm not going to make a prediction, I'm going to make guarantees. I know whoever plays me and my partner (in this case Ryan) is going to have to be at their best to have any chance and then it's still not fair.

^^^^^^

Loud noises!!!

harumph harumph harumph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back