Open Championship Predictions

Dont do it. Atleast not until after August heh.

haha, I could probably grow it back by then or take a nice sharpie to it.

I guess the media has always pegged someone as "the next Tiger". That's just what they do. We all know there's only one Tiger. And even then, he's still not better than Jack.

If weather stays bad, rickie gona take it

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

I guess the media has always pegged someone as "the next Tiger". That's just what they do. We all know there's only one Tiger. And even then, he's still not better than Jack.

Or maybe it's that the media or even the casual fan is in need of another tiger..

Amen TC!

I would love to see Rickie win it!

Or maybe it's that the media or even the casual fan is in need of another tiger..

I don't need another Tiger. I can't answer for the media or for everyone else. I've enjoyed watching golf the past few months (and two years) without Tiger winning.

Still rooting hard for Jimenez. I'd like to see Rickie win too.
Anyone but DJ.

I really hope DJ puts a good round together tomorrow and wins this thing. I may shave my goatee and leave a soul patch if he does.

Better known as the "womb broom". Lol.:D

And by better you mean majors? Golf's a bit more competitive these days I would think, though I'm a bit young to ever have seen Jack in his heyday. Should also be noted, Tiger is at the same place Jack was at 35. Whether he continues, who knows, but there will never be an objective "better" in this case.

And by better you mean majors? Golf's a bit more competitive these days I would think, though I'm a bit young to ever have seen Jack in his heyday.

The majors is what the uper players care about. Jack and Eldrick, among others built their seasons around the majors. So yeas, I think TC means majors. Which is why Jack is considered better than Snead who won many more tournaments but not as many majors. And as far as wins go, Jack is still ahead of Eldrick.

I think in time Eldrick passes Jack on the wins list. Not completely sure he will pass him on the majors list. I used to think he would win more than 18, but he needs to turn things around.

The majors is what the uper players care about. Jack and Eldrick, among others built their seasons around the majors. So yeas, I think TC means majors. Which is why Jack is considered better than Snead who won many more tournaments but not as many majors. And as far as wins go, Jack is still ahead of Eldrick.

I think in time Eldrick passes Jack on the wins list. Not completely sure he will pass him on the majors list. I used to think he would win more than 18, but he needs to turn things around.

I assumed majors was the heavily weighted factor of the criterion. I also thought Tiger would best 18, now I'm about 20%. I still think he can, I mean look at the masters, can't putt, yet still could have won. A 100% Tiger can still dominate in my view. Whether a 100% Tiger is ever seen again, sadly, I think not. It all depends on him getting healthy.

As for "better" than Jack, I do think a prime Tiger is better than Jack. That was the point of my snarky comment. Hell, J. Miller was "better" than Jack, just listen to his next bit of commentary!

So far, at +4 young Rory isn't quite living up to that "Next Tiger" tag now is he?

He hit one OB on 14 off the tee. That was pretty TW like.

And by better you mean majors? Golf's a bit more competitive these days I would think, though I'm a bit young to ever have seen Jack in his heyday. Should also be noted, Tiger is at the same place Jack was at 35. Whether he continues, who knows, but there will never be an objective "better" in this case.

I assumed majors was the heavily weighted factor of the criterion. I also thought Tiger would best 18, now I'm about 20%. I still think he can, I mean look at the masters, can't putt, yet still could have won. A 100% Tiger can still dominate in my view. Whether a 100% Tiger is ever seen again, sadly, I think not. It all depends on him getting healthy.

As for "better" than Jack, I do think a prime Tiger is better than Jack. That was the point of my snarky comment. Hell, J. Miller was "better" than Jack, just listen to his next bit of commentary!

Being more competitive today is definitely arguable. More depth absolutely, but not more top talent, who knew how to win....
And I would think to compare two things, one must experience both right? I mean I could be wrong, but its hard to say one is better than the other without seeing one of the two I would think.

But lets keep this thread about the staff Open predictions and since TW was not on any of them, nor anybody elses, we can leave it at that.

Dude is 3 back at the Open after going low on the front 9.
Objective thoughts huh?
He was 5 down coming into today and now 3 down with Clark and DJ coming up to the treacherous holes.

We have a huge thread where we are talking about this event constantly, you may want to join us. Being as this is the prediction thread and most said Phil would not make the cut or be around.

Last edited:
Phil choking as usual!

Huh? 4 under for the day and a birdie putt within 10 feet upcoming. Best round going on the course right now.

Damn it Dustin! OB right with an iron from the fairway and a football field of room to the left?!?

Damn it Dustin! OB right with an iron from the fairway and a football field of room to the left?!?

Again, we have a full thread with Open Championship talk.
If you want to talk of our predictions, this is a great thread for it.
But there is a reason we use one thread for tourney talk, and it has spoiler listed in the title.

Dude, this is the predictions thread. Take the tournament banter to the tournament thread.

Bogey on 11, 13, 15 & 16!! Missed tap in putts. You were saying?

For the last time!
PLEASE USE THREAD WITH SPOILER TAGS FOR TOURNEY TALK!

Dude is 3 back at the Open after going low on the front 9.
Objective thoughts huh?
He was 5 down coming into today and now 3 down with Clark and DJ coming up to the treacherous holes.

We have a huge thread where we are talking about this event constantly, you may want to join us. Being as this is the prediction thread and most said Phil would not make the cut or be around.

Thank you Phil for proving my point!

I think my Phil prediction was pretty darn good if you ask me.
You have made it clear your thoughts on him.
I will ONCE AGAIN ask, please use the tournament thread with spoiler in the title to discuss this tourney.

Back