What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played scrambles the last two days, in the heat, and had a great time both days. The first found me as the weak link, but I played really well and we won the entire event. We shot 60 which was solid on this type course, 61 today was lacking for a pretty easy course. My putting both days was on fire sinking numerous "Feely touchy" long birdies. I couldn't turn either daown as the first day was free to me and the second was super cheap, but a great time with very good friends. Overall, driving and putting ruled the day, I will be glad if I ever learn how to be consistant with my irons.

Good score! And good golf course, Sunridge Canyon is probably my favorite course out there of the 8-10 courses I have played in Arizona.

Thanks. It's a hell of a tight course down the stretch, as you already know. I was sitting in the red (latest I've taken a round into that territory) when I lost two balls on 13, and things just kind of fell apart for the next few holes before I birdied 18 to walk off on a high note. It's a beautiful course in the Winter.

Posted my best ever score today a 2 under 70 (35/35) at Ratliff Ranch in Odessa for the blue tees (70.5/117). Pretty freaking stoked considering I've been fighting a wrist injury the last 3 weeks thats been making me wear a brace while I play. Moral of the story, hit it where you can find it, birdie the par 5's, and don't three putt; did those very well today, only 1 three putt all day.

Last edited:
Shot 76 (39/37). 4 over with two doubles in a row on the back side (15 and 16). It's a par 72 course that plays 37/35. I was even par through 14 and then the two doubles came. Parred 17 and 18 though so that was good. I missed 4 birdie putts from 10' or less.

Today I had:

2 doubles
2 bogeys
12 pars
2 birdies

This tied my PR.

I threw up a hundy yesterday with ChunkyLover. It was embarrassingly bad.

I had someone yell at me during my putt and that completely killed my game for a few holes. I was seeing red and I wanted nothing more than to go back and give that guy a piece of my mind. I mean, right when I was getting ready to putt? Are you freaking serious. I threw up a snowman on the next hole and a double after that.

Chunky was awesome to play with. We both had bad rounds, but we were able to joke about it and just have fun. We vowed to play better next time and we will. He did shoot much better than me.

Sent from my iPhone, so please ignore my horrid spelling mistakes.

I had someone yell at me during my putt and that completely killed my game for a few holes. I was seeing red and I wanted nothing more than to go back and give that guy a piece of my mind. I mean, right when I was getting ready to putt? Are you freaking serious. I threw up a snowman on the next hole and a double after that.

Chunky was awesome to play with. We both had bad rounds, but we were able to joke about it and just have fun. We vowed to play better next time and we will. He did shoot much better than me.

Why the heck was someone yelling at you during you putt?

Shot 36 (+5) on a small, par 31 course. It was an average score, it was just disappointing how I got there. It went, par, double bogey, par, par, par, birdie, double bogey, double bogey, par. Two of the double bogeys were a result of drives going way to the right, one in trouble, the other OB. The last double was simply a lack of concentration and poor shot choice judgment.

A lot of courses have roads that pass by certain holes where I'm from, and well you know how some people get.

85 today 41 / 44 with a 7 and an 8 on the back 9!! still 11 shots better than yesterday.

kept my head pretty well apart from those 2 holes where i lost my head.

39-39 for 78, my best score this year. Felt good to actually put up a nice score on the front where I usually struggle. Could have been a bit lower since I lipped out 2 but overall a good round!

They let us play through. My second shot hit the green and I had about a 40 foot putt. I went through my normal routine and I guess that guy thought it was a little slow. I normally play at a blazing pace, but I do have a preshot routine that I always follow and we were not taking an undo amount of time. The guy was just an ass. I don't like playing through because I tend to rush and not do my preshot routine, but I have decided to always do it no matter what.

Shot 40-38-78 with three double bogeys. Hard to play well when you make mistakes.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Was looking forward to trying to crack 80 in consecutive weeks today.

Shot a 40/42, 82. 1 Birdie (first hole), 11 bogeys. Hit 10/14 fairways.

The course was nearly under water from a huge storm last night, but played well. Best putting round I have had this year with 29 putts! LOVE the TM Corza Ghost.

95 on a really windy day. It was really difficult to pick a club. Sometimes it was up to a three club length difference into the wind. Strange day though. We started out as a threesome, my friend and a single. My friend got so frustrated with his game (pull hooking all day) that he walked off the course after the 8th hole. Wow, I've never seen that before. He did apologize to me and the single and shook our hands though. I felt bad for the guy. Then after a few holes I offered to let the single play ahead since he had a cart and I was walking. He was playing the blue tees while I was at the whites. So I finished most of the back nine alone which was kind of peaceful with a couple of pars and a birdie (44).

I had a great time Seth. Those guys were douches. I think my losing a ball and then hitting the next one long slowed us down. They let us play through though so they should have been a little patient. I shot a 93 and it was a push to the right mess. Pretty fun 93 though and can't wait to play with you again.

Went out at 7am and play a 3hr 25min round with my Dad, Uncle, and Dad's GF. It was quite muggy and very hot but the sun wasn't even out. Glad it wasn't or it would of been unbearable. This round was my first round with the Taylormade Penta TP ball and boy was i loving it. Parred the first two holes and the 3rd hole is a 140 yard Par 3 slightly down hill. The pin was in the back which cancelled out the downhill so i hit a PW and it landed about 20ft behind the hole and backed up to about 3 feet for a tap in birdie. From here on out my goal was to hit my approach shots all behind the hole and spin them back. I parred 4,5,6 then bogeyed 7 all setup by a massive pulled driver. It's a par 5 and i guess i was trying to get a little more out of it which i dont need cuz it's an easy birdie hole and ended up bogeying to go back to even. Next hole is a par 3 which i also stiffed it to about 2 ft with a 7iron(ball mark was about 3 inches from the hole). Parred 9 for a -1 33 on the front. On the back I parred 10, 3putted 11 for a bogey, parred 12, Caught my tee shot on the par 3 13th fat and couldn't get up and down for a par so bogeyed it. 14 is a short par 4 but it a tight tee shot with a pond that sits about 310 off the tee.( It's downhill so i can't hit driver) Hit my 3 Hybrid to about 90yards left to a back pin. Took my SW hit it about 20 ft behind the hole and spun back about 10 ft, which i made for birdie. Parred 15. 16 is a par 5 i was in green side bunker in 2 but missed a 8ft birdie putt and made par. 17 i once again chunked my tee shot on the par 3 and made a bogey. Par 5 18th i hit driver down to about 230 then hit a big hook with my 3hybrid on the green to about 30ft away(tree blocked a straight shot to the green). 2 putted for a birdie to shoot even 70 for the round. It started pouring on 16 but we were bound to finish.

33/37=70 even par.

Great round dude!

Played 9 earlier today with a new set of irons and hit the ball far better than yesterday. Shot 36 with 9 pars. It was just one of those fairway and green days with 2 putts. No real legitimate birdie chances, but a good ball striking day today.

Played 9 earlier today with a new set of irons and hit the ball far better than yesterday. Shot 36 with 9 pars. It was just one of those fairway and green days with 2 putts. No real legitimate birdie chances, but a good ball striking day today.

those days are fun yet so annoying at the same time. I hit 14 greens today, first hole i topped my 2nd short real bad but was just short of green and got up and in for par. 7th hole i was at 75 yards out instead of on green, and the other two were the par 3s i chunked and was about 10 yards short on both.

What a boring round JB, par, par, par, ...... I like to throw a double in there just for some spice.

Shot a 90 . . . with a 12 on #18! :surrender:

Two scores to share.. First, playing from the tips yesterday (6921 - 73.4/137) I shot an 84, but it was a 39-45, mostly because I just lost my cool after one of my regular playing partners decided to throw a fit and start talking during everyone's shots.. That, coupled with the heat, and I was just in another world.

That said, I got it back today in a big way. Playing from the "tournament tees" (6553 - 71.8/132) I shot 37-39 for a 76 (+4). Lost two balls in the heather for no real good reason, which obviously bumped the score up a bit, but I had an AWESOME chip in from about 20 yards where I had to lob it over the cart part, land it 5 feet in front of the actual green, and then let it roll downhill towards the pin. I am all but certain that if I were to stay there all night I wouldn't be able to reproduce that shot. It was exciting haha!

Two scores to share.. First, playing from the tips yesterday (6921 - 73.4/137) I shot an 84, but it was a 39-45, mostly because I just lost my cool after one of my regular playing partners decided to throw a fit and start talking during everyone's shots.. That, coupled with the heat, and I was just in another world.

That said, I got it back today in a big way. Playing from the "tournament tees" (6553 - 71.8/132) I shot 37-39 for a 76 (+4). Lost two balls in the heather for no real good reason, which obviously bumped the score up a bit, but I had an AWESOME chip in from about 20 yards where I had to lob it over the cart part, land it 5 feet in front of the actual green, and then let it roll downhill towards the pin. I am all but certain that if I were to stay there all night I wouldn't be able to reproduce that shot. It was exciting haha!

great shooting. keeping your head when those about you are losing theres is a talent i have yet to master..

Today I shot a fastest lawn mowing and weedeating ever. Did the whole lawn with the toy clean up in 59 minutes. Par for the yard is 1 hour and 10 minutes so I was like 11 minutes under par! Thats my best score ever on this course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back