Callaway Tour i(s) & i(z) Golf Balls Review

take a sleeve of the DT's and the i(z)'s man....I think you'll like the Diablo Tour

So, it looks like OEM was the only one to go Diablo Tour. I keep almost buying this ball, but for some reason just haven't pulled the trigger. I know it's not as spinny as the urethane balls, but is it close? I love the packaging and have been hitting some other other Cally balls pretty well lately.

Your review had me interested as well, Hanks.

Great stuff as I expected. I love the videos to death lol

Nabbed 2-dozen i(s) off LGB to try as I don't think I could properly compress the i(z). Can't wait to give them a try.

From where I stood you guys all did a great job. The info was different for each of you and you guys new your stuff

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

This ball is simply amazing and I can't see myself playing anything different in the near future. The distance and lack of spin off the driver is just incredible from a ball that is able to spin so much off the irons. What really gets me is the durability. I have played one ball for 3 rounds before when I was fortunate enough to not find the trees.

Copy and paste from the other thread if this is the official one:

I love this ball.

It is amazing how it cuts through the air, peaks, then seems to hang there for a few extra seconds before it finally starts it descent and falls back down to Earth. Does anyone else who plays this ball get that feeling?

Sweet promos fellas. Man, i'm proud of all of us. We did a good job.

To add some more feedback about the i(z), i will say this, the ball has it all. It's so solid off the tee it's crazy. It begs to be hit and it feels and sounds solid. I also like that for some odd reason when playing it, I feel like I can't make lazy swings. I need to hit it in order to utilize it's capabilities.

Now that the MC is over, re you playign the RX over the Callaway? just curious becuase of your signature, which one you like better

Now that the MC is over, re you playign the RX over the Callaway? just curious becuase of your signature, which one you like better

The RX is one of my all time favorite golf balls. I also have so much respect for Bridgestone as a company that truly believes in fitting consumers for the right golf ball. However, the i(z) is a killer golf ball. It's so solid in all aspects of the game for me. Right now, the Cally's are in the bag, and they will be for a while. I'm a bit of a golf ball homer, so when I get on a kick, I stay on it for a while.

I know this was directed to TC, but I also play the RX as my "gamer ball." However, The Tour i(s) for me is just as good. I love the short game control I get from it. I think the RX is slightly longer for me, which is how it's designed. I keep both balls in the bag right now because honestly I can't go wrong with either one. My main concern with the i(s) was durability based on previous Callaway ball offerings. To me the durability is much improved and that's another reason why it will be in the bag for a long time.

I played the Tour i(z) much of the year and found it to be a good ball. Definitely long off the driver and felt fine throughout the bag. My only issue was greenside spin/control. It wasn't bad by any means, it just wasn't as good as the Penta TP, my benchmark and gamer.

I played the Tour i(z) much of the year and found it to be a good ball. Definitely long off the driver and felt fine throughout the bag. My only issue was greenside spin/control. It wasn't bad by any means, it just wasn't as good as the Penta TP, my benchmark and gamer.

did you try the i(s) at all?

The RX is one of my all time favorite golf balls. I also have so much respect for Bridgestone as a company that truly believes in fitting consumers for the right golf ball. However, the i(z) is a killer golf ball. It's so solid in all aspects of the game for me. Right now, the Cally's are in the bag, and they will be for a while. I'm a bit of a golf ball homer, so when I get on a kick, I stay on it for a while.

I was wondering about that too! Haha, I tried the Callaway HX Diablo Tour and had a great round on the back 9. Took me a bit to adjust to the differences around the green which I didn't experience all that before. It was a great ball though, and I'm torn between the two.

Couldn't agree more man. I felt a little guilty when I pulled the RX/RXS out of the bag in favor of the i(z) butthe numbers I got with the i(z) just couldn't be ignored. It's such a good ball and I hope others try it out too. I liked the i(s) as well but it juut spun too much off the driver for me but it's amazing around the greens

I was wondering about that too! Haha, I tried the Callaway HX Diablo Tour and had a great round on the back 9. Took me a bit to adjust to the differences around the green which I didn't experience all that before. It was a great ball though, and I'm torn between the two.

I thought the 40 on the back 9 would've decided it for you.

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

I thought the 40 on the back 9 would've decided it for you.

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

Why must results be brought into this :) You're right dude, once I figured out a wedge shouldnt skid the ball, the Diablo Tour was money.

i have played all 3 of these balls in the last few months and honestly found the diablo tour to be the best

i have played all 3 of these balls in the last few months and honestly found the diablo tour to be the best

all 3 are great balls IMO. I do like the Diablo Tour a lot, but I just prefer the greenside spin of the i(s)

all 3 are great balls IMO. I do like the Diablo Tour a lot, but I just prefer the greenside spin of the i(s)
I'm right there with you Ddec. The Diablo Tour is a a very very solid ball and for what, $25 a doz you can't beat them. But ultimately for me the i(S) won out because of the feel around the greens.

I'm right there with you Ddec. The Diablo Tour is a a very very solid ball and for what, $25 a doz you can't beat them. But ultimately for me the i(S) won out because of the feel around the greens.

Plus, you were able to do trick shots like hit it twice in the same swing.

Plus, you were able to do trick shots like hit it twice in the same swing.
That's a good point, the trick-shot-ability with the i(s) far exceeds any other ball I've ever used. Any other ball that shot becomes just another ho-hum double hit. With the i(S) that show becomes legendary!

That's a good point, the trick-shot-ability with the i(s) far exceeds any other ball I've ever used. Any other ball that shot becomes just another ho-hum double hit. With the i(S) that show becomes legendary!
Hahahaha! trick shot ability. I bet that becomes a new category in future reviews :)

for me i just found the vokey wedge does alot of damage to the i(s) and i(z) now i know a wedge is gonna do that to all golf balls but for me i found the diablo tour to be more durable. i suppose i'm seeing durability as a more important thing than green side spin

for me i just found the vokey wedge does alot of damage to the i(s) and i(z) now i know a wedge is gonna do that to all golf balls but for me i found the diablo tour to be more durable. i suppose i'm seeing durability as a more important thing than green side spin

I found the Diablo Tour to be more durable as well. But I have not had issues with the durability the i(s).

I found the Diablo Tour to be more durable as well. But I have not had issues with the durability the i(s).

cheers ddec might give the i(s) another spin at the weekend and see how i get on

Another good round of promos from Callaway staffers.

Jake, you win this one buddy. Great job.

Back