The Possibility of Another Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they are involved (or will be involved ) in setting up the parameters of the event. Correct?

That is not something we discuss on the forum, nor do I think it really matters.

You're right I don't like planning things a year in advance. I like making sure dates, money, and people are all on board before committing to something. Such as the outing I missed the deadline simply because I didn't have the 100% for sure on it. Doesn't mean I don't want to go. Still waiting on an open spot. Doesn't mean it's not for me.

Your name is not on the waiting list.

So what if there is a handicap restriction again?

Point is: someone will be left out. In fact, a lot of people will. It happens, it's life. What was sad was how little support and participation there was in the MC thread for so long. That showed me that plenty of people didn't care once they weren't part of it. I'm not signed up for the outing, but I chat away in that thread. Why? B/c it's important for/to THP.

I think you should select the selfless and not the selfish. They're the people who truly get it.

I didn't realize you weren't signed up for the outing TC.

I know and get, and actually agree with what you are saying. I also know that this year's Morgan Cup went from a dream to reality to finding the participants in a very short amount of time. Whenever (or if ever) the next one is I have confidence that JB and GG will have a system in place that will weed out the people looking for free stuff and will be able to consider people who are here for THP and not for ulterior motives. I do know however they decide to name partcipants will be fair for everyone who is a true THPer, whether they have been here for four years, two years or six months. As I said earlier in this thread, people who play in the Morgan Cup should remember that they are THPers first, Morgan Cuppers second.

Dude, I'm with TC in that, I'm more than fine with whatever JB and GG and the rest of THP decides. I still can't get over the fact they they had the first one. I just think it is such a cool experience for all to witness and some to partake in.

Dude, I'm with TC in that, I'm more than fine with whatever JB and GG and the rest of THP decides. I still can't get over the fact they they had the first one. I just think it is such a cool experience for all to witness and some to partake in.

I agree I enjoyed watching it. It helped me feel like I was part of it. It is up to JB & GG in the end. IT just has to get old for them when they make a decision & people start complaining.

Really? I dont think there should, maybe the ones who played the first one have to sit one out before they are eligable for another one, of course im assuming this is going to be a yearly thing

Really??? I thought the MC would include all those who support THP. The commitment a lot of us showed in the first one should show how much we did/do care.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Really??? I thought the MC would include all those who support THP. The commitment a lot of us showed in the first one should show how much we did/do care.

My thoughts exactly Tmex but I feared this would be a problem. In fact, I have a feeling that if there is a 2nd one, it's going to be dramatic.

I think JB and GG have a tough road ahead of them and the hardest part will be trying to justify whatever parameters they decide on.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

The way I see it is its the chance of a lifetime, a chance for 16 normal golfers to get the tour experience and represent THP and 2 OEMS, I think having the same people in it would take away from that, sure its easy for you to say you dont mind having the same people in it but you played in it the first time. I just think there are more active and supporting members that would love to have this experience, just my opinion

I completely disagree with you. As with testing, it's an earned privilege, not a right.

Interesting dialogue and differing thoughts in here today. I just hope that if this does happen again, the participants are active and represent their respective OEM and THP accordingly before, during, and after the event. I think there were many lessons learned for all involved throughout the inaugural event.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Really? I dont think there should, maybe the ones who played the first one have to sit one out before they are eligable for another one, of course im assuming this is going to be a yearly thing

This is just my opinion but yeah. I think that most of them did a fantastic job. I don't know what to say on the subject though to be honest. I trust JB & GG to come up with something that is fair to everyone. I consider THP a great part of my life. That might sound crazy to some but I went through a pretty dark period in my life and THP set me on a better path and I'm a happier person because of this place. I'd do whatever is asked of me to further THP. If there was a selection process and my name never came up I would cheer wholeheartedly for the lucky 16. There were some pretty iconic THP'ers in the first MC. It would be a shame to not allow them to compete in the 2nd. Just my opinion though:comp:

Why in the world would this be the case? Some of the guys that participated did as good of a
Job as I believe you can do. I'm all for these dudes back in it

I dont think it is meant as a bad thing. The commitment is incredible. Everyone wants to participate in a MC. If same ones chosen it might cause a bit of discouragement for others who would feel just as dedicated to THP. You are right Yoccos they are a large number of supporters here. That is why some might feel it should be spread to others that support THP as well. Just a thought. In the end its up to THP heads

Why in the world would this be the case? Some of the guys that participated did as good of a
Job as I believe you can do. I'm all for these dudes back in it

That doesn't mean new guys couldn't do just as well

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Interesting thoughts in here for sure. May as well add mine to the mix.

How about giving the Team Paradise members first refusal to defend the MC and then a selection process for Team Hackers. This is all assuming that there is a second MC.

I know I would love to have the opportunity to be involved in one. What ever JB and GG come up with though will be fair.

I do think that a handicap limit needs to be kept in place though, whether this is raised or lowered however would need to be determined. If it ruled me out then so be it, gives you an incentive to get better at the game we love anyway

ya it is a earned privilege, never said it wasnt. Notice how I said active and THP supporters. Just my opinion of course and if im being honest I dont think it would nearly as special if the same people were in it year after year

I noticed what you said. I'm active and supportive of THP but according to you, I shouldn't have the opportunity again?

The Morgan Cup is special irregardless of who's involved. If I'm not involved I'll be suportive of the event with all my heart. I can tell you from being in the first one, we had very little support for the duration of the event. Who knows, maybe that will mean something for the next one.

How do the US & European Teams choose their Ryder Cups? I may be wrong but it is via a points or reward type system? I know there have been several members like Tiger who have played on quite a few of the teams but he had to "make" the team each year. Oh you do have Captains picks so that is always an option...

This is just my opinion but yeah. I think that most of them did a fantastic job. I don't know what to say on the subject though to be honest. I trust JB & GG to come up with something that is fair to everyone. I consider THP a great part of my life. That might sound crazy to some but I went through a pretty dark period in my life and THP set me on a better path and I'm a happier person because of this place. I'd do whatever is asked of me to further THP. If there was a selection process and my name never came up I would cheer wholeheartedly for the lucky 16. There were some pretty iconic THP'ers in the first MC. It would be a shame to not allow them to compete in the 2nd. Just my opinion though:comp:

Well said buddy!

Tappin' from my iPad!

That doesn't mean new guys couldn't do just as well

Lets say you have a company. Your company has an opportunity to do something that will further it's brand. You need to pick 16 of your best people to do this job. Would you exclude 16 guys because they did a great job on the prior project? This is not about us THP'ers getting an opportunity. This is about us THP'ers furthering THP. I completely understand your viewpoint Matty. I was not part of the 16 myself and would love to be in this. But if it were my business and I knew that 8 of those 16 were given A++++ marks from TM & Callaway, I would want those guys on my next project. Again just my opinion.

How about giving the Team Paradise members first refusal to defend the MC and then a selection process for Team Hackers. This is all assuming that there is a second MC.

I know I would love to have the opportunity to be involved in one. What ever JB and GG come up with though will be fair.

I do think that a handicap limit needs to be kept in place though, whether this is raised or lowered however would need to be determined. If it ruled me out then so be it, gives you an incentive to get better at the game we love anyway

Can you answer an honest question for me?
You said you would love to be involved in one.
Yet you have never reached out to come to an outing. Can you tell me why you choose one over the other?
Its an honest question as we further improve everything we do here.

I completely disagree with this. Again this event is not about who wins. Maybe Team Hackers did a better job representing THP & the brands. I'm not saying they did but just because TP played better golf does not mean they are the better ambassadors

Wow this thread blew up quick! Here's a perspective from someone who didn't qualify for the last one... I think folks need to take a step back and look at this event from a global perspective. Are there going to be restrictions, absolutely. 100% there will be because there will be folks that come into THP looking for free swag that would want this experience and then run off into oblivion. It has happened before and I'm sure Team THP will try their darnest for it not to happen again. As far as the handicap restriction that's up to Team THP. I was crushed that I couldn't qualify because of this. Did you see me kick and scream and complain? Nope. It made me want to work on my game so I can participate for MC 2.0 if there was going to be one. Did I stop there? Nope. I participated in the thread, I volunteered my services (even if it was only for a day) and I embraced the event for what it was supposed to be for.

It's a huuuuge responsibility from both the backend in Team THP and the OEM's and the players that are selected. They shouldn't give those just to anyone walking off the street. And if you decide that there is nothing in THP that is worth while if you don't get selected for The MC then maybe THP made the right call in not selecting you because it's far more encompassing than just the event itself.

I for one am looking forward to the next MC, whenever that may be. In the time being I'm gonna work my butt off lowering the cap, being "active" on THP as much as time can give me, go to the next outing and meet awesome folks, meeting up with other THP'ers whenever they are up for a round and be helpful to Team THP as much as they would like me to be. And if I don't get in or qualify, c'est la vie and hope for a MC 3.0 and support MC 2.0 in the mean time however much I can do so.

Lets say you have a company. Your company has an opportunity to do something that will further it's brand. You need to pick 16 of your best people to do this job. Would you exclude 16 guys because they did a great job on the prior project? This is not about us THP'ers getting an opportunity. This is about us THP'ers furthering THP. I completely understand your viewpoint Matty. I was not part of the 16 myself and would love to be in this. But if it were my business and I knew that 8 of those 16 were given A++++ marks from TM & Callaway, I would want those guys on my next project. Again just my opinion.

I know, and the guys who were involved did an excellent job, and if they got picked over me I'd totally understand, and cheer everyone like the past one

Wow this thread blew up quick! Here's a perspective from someone who didn't qualify for the last one... I think folks need to take a step back and look at this event from a global perspective. Are there going to be restrictions, absolutely. 100% there will be because there will be folks that come into THP looking for free swag that would want this experience and then run off into oblivion. It has happened before and I'm sure Team THP will try their darnest for it not to happen again. As far as the handicap restriction that's up to Team THP. I was crushed that I couldn't qualify because of this. Did you see me kick and scream and complain? Nope. It made me want to work on my game so I can participate for MC 2.0 if there was going to be one. Did I stop there? Nope. I participated in the thread, I volunteered my services (even if it was only for a day) and I embraced the event for what it was supposed to be for.

It's a huuuuge responsibility from both the backend in Team THP and the OEM's and the players that are selected. They shouldn't give those just to anyone walking off the street. And if you decide that there is nothing in THP that is worth while if you don't get selected for The MC then maybe THP made the right call in not selecting you because it's far more encompassing than just the event itself.

I for one am looking forward to the next MC, whenever that may be. In the time being I'm gonna work my butt off lowering the cap, being "active" on THP as much as time can give me, go to the next outing and meet awesome folks, meeting up with other THP'ers whenever they are up for a round and be helpful to Team THP as much as they would like me to be. And if I don't get in or qualify, c'est la vie and hope for a MC 3.0 and support MC 2.0 in the mean time however much I can do so.

Quoted because of awesomeness!!:clapp::clapp::cake:

Can you answer an honest question for me?
You said you would love to be involved in one.
Yet you have never reached out to come to an outing. Can you tell me why you choose one over the other?
Its an honest question as we further improve everything we do here.

I did express an interest in coming to next years outing if you remember. Sadly due to being made redundant just before the deposits needed to be made it was not an option I could take any further. I did post that in the thread aswell (or words to that effect). It doesn't mean that I will never make an outing or any other events that you choose to put on.

I think everybody out there should have a chance to get in the next one. I just think there should be some more hurdles to jump through or prove before you can enter. I think that will make participants be more interactive during it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back