The Possibility of Another Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I obviously have no clue what a family is, children are or anything else because I make THP a part of my life. I knew I messed up somewhere.

Well I obviously have no clue what a family is, children are or anything else because I make THP a part of my life. I knew I messed up somewhere.

Hahahaha...This made me laugh out loud Yoccos

You know I thought I took it the wrong way but I see I was not the only one. My poor kids. I should probably let them out of the closet every once in a while:doh:

You know I thought I took it the wrong way but I see I was not the only one. My poor kids. I should probably let them out of the closet every once in a while:doh:

Hahahahahaha. I laughed out loud at this.

Couple of things. MC was played in singles from 6109 yards and it played even shorter.
The outings are exactly that. GOLF! That is the point of a THP Outing.
It would also be nice to meet a lot of you good folks.

Hahahaha...This made me laugh out loud Yoccos

Lol. I mean I love all the feedback but I can see a jab.

For the record, as much sensitive skin as it has rubbed wrong, I loved the trash talk. Especially JB's videos - I can only imagine how hilarious they were to the people who went to the MC. I'm surprised there hasn't been any video responses (unless I've missed them). My impression is as cutting as some of the comments were, there was a lot of love in the room and on the course between the participants and that has persisted afterwards. This is an awesome commentary of how the MC brought people together.

The attention from TM and Callaway is all part of the great PR of the event. Sure it causes a mini-flood of people into THP who are only interested in being part of the event, but if the THP community grows by a few percentage points, or stays healthy because of it, then more power to the overall THP community. I also would imagine little of that would matter in the end if JB and GG felt like they and their volunteers' work was being taken advantage of. Based on the threads it seems people who went and paid attention are very appreciative of their hard work to pull this off.

So, I hope there is in another MC, hopefully one that will cause less stress for JB and GG, and I hope I can go!

It's funny that the ones in here arguing/discussing are probably some of the most passionate about THP. The ones we are talking about who ignored the MC aren't even in here to tell us why.

Just catching up with this thread an I can give my answer to this question. I've not been on this site for long but I love what it stands for, the help that it gives to golfers, and the support that people can get here. I love the idea of the Morgan Cup even though I knew I had no chance of ever playing in one (handicap, cost, etc.), and was really happy for the 16 who were chosen.

We all have different personalities on here and some people are more comfortable with shooting the breeze with people they hardly know than others. I'm one of the ones who finds it more difficult and it takes me a good while to get to that point. That's one of the reasons why I wasn't involved in some of the threads. The other "problem" was the sheer volume of posts - it's great that there was so much going on around the Cup, but there were so many posts that I found it hard to keep up: the time difference also meant that I was asleep during the more active hours on the forum, so leave it a few hours and there was page after page after page to read through and I had to skim, missing a lot of the in-jokes, etc. in the process.

So I wasn't involved in the threads for the Morgan Cup, but I tried to keep up with what was going on and was certainly interested, so I wasn't ignoring it. I hope that there's a repeat in the future because it sounds like you all had a blast, it was a great experience, and it hopefully did a lot for THP. I'll be supporting again in hopefully a more vocal manner hope the next one, should there be one, will as much of a success as the inaugural event.

I wouldn't be missing an outing if all the noob's didn't jump in and take spots. Talk about a buzz killer!
Yeah, no kidding. Now I have more posts in that thread than several that are actually attending.

I've had the privilege of attending both and would do so again in a heart beat. Both are unique and both are extremely fun. The best part is the people, for me. When I think back to the Outing, I remember the dinner, meeting and hugging new people on the range, talking equipment, joking, busting balls, and playing a couple of rounds of golf with some new friends, some old.

When I think back to the MC, I don't think about the equipment. I think about the emotional trophy ceremony, I think about my friends that I hated to say goodbye to, I think about the deluge and the awesome food, the laughs.

Those weekends will stick with me for my entire life. Those memories will never be taken from me.

I'm sad and happy at the same time thinking about the great times I've had attending all of the THP functions I have had the privilege of being a part of.

Cryptic inside joke...Oh, please keep people away from me, I don't want to teach!

Trying to catch up- wow what a thread!

There certainly are a ton of emotions I'm feeling after reading a majority of it. It was the best golf weekend of my life; and I think that the next one will impress just as much as the first one did.

I hope it makes the competitiors feel just as I did - training, practicing, playing golf all summer in preparation was a great time.

Wish the next Morgan cuppers all the luck in the world, and I'll always be pulling for team hackers and hopefully capt TC again!

If you have kids now, you can change their names to fit better into the THP lifestyle. Your boy can be named Hacker, and your daughter can be named Paradise.
See how easy that was! I've got a bunch of solutions, just ask!

The Morgan Cup is such a great event that given the opportunity, you should form your life and schedule around it, I know I did.

We had two Canadians involved in the MC. Skimmer, lol.

I find this thread entertaining. Team THP should have whoever they want involved for the betterment of their business. They know who are good assets and ambassadors and they should be able to choose who they want to participate and the forum should support their decision. Same goes for testing.
I agree with this 100%.

I am waiting for MC 2.0 cuz I want a shot at the title....I want to go head to head against Tmex...I want to see really how slow CG13 is (I kid)..I want to laugh my arse off with TC and One T...I want to see JB's face turn beat red because of the pace of play...I want to represent an OEM Proudly, be part of team and eat 4 rivers BBQ....AGAIN!!!!

These are all things that can happen at the next MC with the same names or different names. This excites the H.E. double hockey sticks, out of me. It should excite everyone else as well and from the emotional comments that have been posted, I am spot on, it does excite all but a couple.

However the teams are picked or whatever companies step up and sponsor, I am game...Just point me in the right direction and I will do my best be on the playing side of the MC. That is all any of us can do that are interested in playing. Pay attention, get involved and wait for the the announcment.

I am waiting for MC 2.0 cuz I want a shot at the title....I want to go head to head against Tmex...I want to see really how slow CG13 is (I kid)..I want to laugh my arse off with TC and One T...I want to see JB's face turn beat red because of the pace of play...I want to represent an OEM Proudly, be part of team and eat 4 rivers BBQ....AGAIN!!!!

These are all things that can happen at the next MC with the same names or different names. This excites the H.E. double hockey sticks, out of me. It should excite everyone else as well and from the emotional comments that have been posted, I am spot on, it does excite all but a couple.

However the teams are picked or whatever companies step up and sponsor, I am game...Just point me in the right direction and I will do my best be on the playing side of the MC. That is all any of us can do that are interested in playing. Pay attention, get involved and wait for the the announcment.

You are so full of wisdom and are the ultimate guide through promos about JAWS wedges eating balls.

If you have kids now, you can change their names to fit better into the THP lifestyle. Your boy can be named Hacker, and your daughter can be named Paradise.
See how easy that was! I've got a bunch of solutions, just ask!

lol Thanks Rob. I'm gonna remember that when I replace the family this year.

You are so full of wisdom and are the ultimate guide through promos about JAWS wedges eating balls.

lol Thanks Rob. I'm gonna remember that when I replace the family this year.

New batch crossing the border? hahahaha Sorry bro, but you teed that one up for me.

Cl 77 You have to be one hell of a funny guy to hang with..lol haha

New batch crossing the border? hahahaha Sorry bro, but you teed that one up for me.

hahahaha. Dude, we come by plane now!

I was just thinking about all the laughs we all shared leading up to, during and after.

WE could only be so lucky

Chunky's awesome, sometimes his jokes don't reach your ears because they're coming from so far away, but when you hear them he's hilarious.

Chunky's awesome, sometimes his jokes don't reach your ears because they're coming from so far away, but when you hear them he's hilarious.

Thanks buddy. Bridges mentioned something about inserts that raise you 3 inches. I get those and then I'm only short:blob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back