Journey to Average 30 Putts per Round.

I wasn't even sniffing 30 putts yesterday. I think I had 20 on the front 9. Not a good day with the flatstick for me yesterday, especially with how many GIR's I had. I am reevaluating the DART's spot in my bag.

Isnt it funny how that spot in the bag is always under the most scrutiny. You can have a bunch of decent rounds and not even think of it then have two or three bad rounds in a row and all of a sudden the great search is on. I am going through the same thing with my putter(s). Just when I am ready to make a switch, I have a much better round so I chuckle and leave things alone.

soooo many beautiful putters out there right now. That's one reason I don't want to start on the road to changing out my current putter. I putt quite well with it, and I know it's nice, but if I was to change.....I don't know if I could stop!

That could be a lot of my problem man, I have a couple of nice options in my basement.

Isnt it funny how that spot in the bag is always under the most scrutiny. You can have a bunch of decent rounds and not even think of it then have two or three bad rounds in a row and all of a sudden the great search is on. I am going through the same thing with my putter(s). Just when I am ready to make a switch, I have a much better round so I chuckle and leave things alone.

hahaha, yeah, it sucks. I couldn't make a 2 footer yesterday man. I know it was the odd round and all but frustrating doesn't begin to describe it. All I kept thinking about was that Spider Ghost at home.

hahaha, yeah, it sucks. I couldn't make a 2 footer yesterday man. I know it was the odd round and all but frustrating doesn't begin to describe it. All I kept thinking about was that Spider Ghost at home.

Those rounds will drive you nuts. Once you start thinking about other putters that is when that bad putting starts...LOL I know alot of people like that spider putter, it is not for me at all, too "busy" for me.

That could be a lot of my problem man, I have a couple of nice options in my basement.

I knew that was going to come up. I still want to make the Spider work but I just putt better with the DART.

I'm playing today, and hopefully will again be under 30 putts. I'm nowhere near averaging 30 per round, but I think I'm much more consistent than I was before.

Man, once you start thinking about another putter in the bag instead of the one that you are currently using, it's all over. I think that I'm weird, I've used like 3 putters over the past 7 years. I always think that I'm the problem, not the putter.

On another note, I'm getting the new Dave Stockton putting book in the mail soon, I'm looking forward to it.

I wasn't even sniffing 30 putts yesterday. I think I had 20 on the front 9. Not a good day with the flatstick for me yesterday, especially with how many GIR's I had. I am reevaluating the DART's spot in my bag.

I had 20 putts the other day on the front 9 and shot a 40, and finished with 36 putts overall. Its pretty frustrating as I hit the ball pretty good. Maybe I need to find a long putter!!!

On another note, I'm getting the new Dave Stockton putting book in the mail soon, I'm looking forward to it.

Nice. Will be interested to hear your thoughts and/or progress on that front.

i had 20 putts on my quick 9 holes yesterday after work to shoot a 39. hit 8 greens in regulation...missed a few 8 footers for birdie. I'm fine on the putting greens, but I get "handsy" during my rounds. I'll be going to a crosshanded grip to see if it'll cure my putting woes.

i had 20 putts on my quick 9 holes yesterday after work to shoot a 39. hit 8 greens in regulation...missed a few 8 footers for birdie. I'm fine on the putting greens, but I get "handsy" during my rounds. I'll be going to a crosshanded grip to see if it'll cure my putting woes.

I have the same issue at times. I also feel like I move my head too much. I've tried cross-handed and it didn't help me at all.

I have the same issue at times. I also feel like I move my head too much. I've tried cross-handed and it didn't help me at all.

I wonder if i have the same issue as you with the head movement. I feel super comfortable on the putting greens, but it's a totally different story on the course. I'll see if i can get someone to film me when i'm putting for money this wkend.

good luck to you, dankil!

29 putts today, best in a while, used 42 last Tuesday playing with Ole Gray and KellyBo at their home course. What a difference home cooking makes.

First round with the Mills Fleetwood Hi-Toe, fits my eye may have been an understatement.

26 putts with 9 GIR's! Dropped a 5 foot and 40 foot for birdie as well as 14 and 20 foot par putts. Did have one chip in from 8 off the green (was about a 15 yard shot).

First round with the Mills Fleetwood Hi-Toe, fits my eye may have been an understatement.

26 putts with 9 GIR's! Dropped a 5 foot and 40 foot for birdie as well as 14 and 20 foot par putts. Did have one chip in from 8 off the green (was about a 15 yard shot).

nice round Jman! seems like you really hit it off with the new flatstick!

nice round Jman! seems like you really hit it off with the new flatstick!

Really did, just fits my eye well. Best round I've ever had with a stainless putter too. Craziness. We'll see if it holds up Thursday!! lol

Many thanks!!!!

Wow congrats Jman. Id love to see less then 30 putts like that one day.

Wow congrats Jman. Id love to see less then 30 putts like that one day.

Thanks Kevin! I've had 27 a couple times and on good days break 30 consistently, but NEVER like this. Just had a really good feel for the greens today, and the 40 footer shocked the hell out of me.

I may or may not have yelled like a little girl and done a Tiger fist pump.

May or may not.

31 putts today with 7 GIR. putting and my chipping was really good. really can't remember when ive been happier with my short game and i still think my putting could get better.

31 putts today with 7 GIR. putting and my chipping was really good. really can't remember when ive been happier with my short game and i still think my putting could get better.

Good job Buckjob. I'm hoping to get some putting practice in tomorrow if I can, maybe even 9 holes if I can get it in. Looking at my stats right now since this thread stated, I'm averaging 33 putts per round. Thats not too bad I don't think, but needs to be 4 strokes lower.

Good job Buckjob. I'm hoping to get some putting practice in tomorrow if I can, maybe even 9 holes if I can get it in. Looking at my stats right now since this thread stated, I'm averaging 33 putts per round. Thats not too bad I don't think, but needs to be 4 strokes lower.

i only had 1 3 putt today which was good but i still feel like i could be better. left a lot of good putts short today. i still wanna get better but my putting has been a lot better than it was in the beginning of the season.

Putting. I have made a commitment to myself to practice putting one hour a day four days per week. I have no excuses as I only live a couple miles away and my wife KellyBo works there so we can both practice. If I can commit to this like I do to my gym work (5 - 10 - 15) thread I will become the putter I want to be. One of the golfers stopped and asked me why I was just putting today. I told him my goal was to be one of the best putters at our club. I said in fact I will be in the top two putters and he said, who was the other great putter. I told him whoever was hot the same day I was!

Putting. I have made a commitment to myself to practice putting one hour a day four days per week. I have no excuses as I only live a couple miles away and my wife KellyBo works there so we can both practice. If I can commit to this like I do to my gym work (5 - 10 - 15) thread I will become the putter I want to be. One of the golfers stopped and asked me why I was just putting today. I told him my goal was to be one of the best putters at our club. I said in fact I will be in the top two putters and he said, who was the other great putter. I told him whoever was hot the same day I was!

Thats awesome Gray, if you putt in that kind of work you will be the best putter at your club easily. Looking forward to hearing how it goes, I bet you get really good, really quickly.

Thats awesome Gray, if you putt in that kind of work you will be the best putter at your club easily. Looking forward to hearing how it goes, I bet you get really good, really quickly.

Thanks Breeze. I really am excited about putting in the time for this project. Heck I am retired and there is absolutely no reason I can not reach my goal. I really believe that I can become a great putter and my focus is exactly on that task.

i wish i had more time to work on stuff i do work on it 2 times a week but its still not enough to get as good as i want to be.

3 jacks have pretty much killed my chances to hit 30 putts. That is why I'm going to the putting green today for an hour or so. Need to work out my pace and alignment.

Back