What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
86, I even managed to throw up a 9 on a hole. first time ever I believe. Good news is I had 5 birdie, and 0 three putt with Tue new belly putter.

Other than the 9 thats a good round. How did you find the belly putter helped you?

Way to go Iambro! And cookie, you should also take some positives oit of that round. I'm assuming a par 72, and that would mean that your other 13 holes were played in +2! That's great man! I'm sure you'll cut down on the mistake holes as time goes on. Then we'd all better watch out. :D

Thanks man! It was a par 71. No birdies. 29 putts (chipping was on fire with the SCOR 52 wedge around the green). Was +2 on the back until 17 when I took the triple after yanking a 3 wood left on my 2nd shot into a long par 4.

I definitely took some positives out of it as I played some really good holes and they just came easy - no spectacular shots by any means.

Thanks man! It was a par 71. No birdies. 29 putts (chipping was on fire with the SCOR 52 wedge around the green). Was +2 on the back until 17 when I took the triple after yanking a 3 wood left on my 2nd shot into a long par 4.

I definitely took some positives out of it as I played some really good holes and they just came easy - no spectacular shots by any means.

Hey no problem. And congrats!

42, doubled hole 9. Oh well. Still had a lot of good shots to show for it.

Other than the 9 thats a good round. How did you find the belly putter helped you?

For me it took thought completely out of the stroke. My lag putting was amazing which was really surprising. These were so very fast greens too.

For me it took thought completely out of the stroke. My lag putting was amazing which was really surprising. These were so very fast greens too.

Interesting, I've heard they are harder to lag putt with, but amazing within 15 feet, so if your lag putting was great then you have a freaking winner. I'm sure I'm skiming here, but did you go belly putter or the full broom handle Adam Scott style?

after a 5 round slump, I am back in the sub-90 range today with an 89. nothing with my putting stroke felt comfortable and 3-putted on 4 holes. inconsistent off the tee but hit my irons straight, and short game was mostly on. had a few really good shots and 1 birdie but overall nothing spectacular... still, happy to be out of the +95 doldrums.

a little windy today but cool, sunny and dry. my wife was hitting well, and we met some nice folks on the course too.....a good day!!

For some stupid reason, I decided to golf today. In my area it was 30 degrees and raining hard. I couldn't even feel my hands after hole one and was swinging half speed so I decided to only play 9. And I shot a 67! Jeeze, it was 25 strokes off my norm, I'll never
play golf in weather like this again unless it is St. Andrews! :banghead:

For some stupid reason, I decided to golf today. In my area it was 30 degrees and raining hard. I couldn't even feel my hands after hole one and was swinging half speed so I decided to only play 9. And I shot a 67! Jeeze, it was 25 strokes off my norm, I'll never
play golf in weather like this again unless it is St. Andrews! :banghead:

That right there is DETERMINATION! So much determination!

Got in a quick 9 today and put up a 45.

47-47 for a 94.. had a 20 ft drive to boot lol .

tapatalk addict....

47-47 for a 94.. had a 20 ft drive to boot lol .

tapatalk addict....

prob could have shot a 93 if it wasn't for that drive! lol i had a 20 footer the other day luckily it was in a scramble and i was trying to kill it like an idiot!

prob could have shot a 93 if it wasn't for that drive! lol i had a 20 footer the other day luckily it was in a scramble and i was trying to kill it like an idiot!

Lol I'm trying different driver swings, and that one didn't work lol

tapatalk addict....

Saturday Oct 1 0800 tee time shotgun start 50 degrees warming to 66
Island View / Lake View

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 5
3 par 4 5
4 par 4 4
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 5
7 par 5 6
8 par 3 5
9 par 5 5

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 5
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 6
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 5
9 par 4 4

Island 45 / Lake 40 - 85

Some day each year every one of us has to have their worst round of the year - today was that day for me. After 14 holes I had hit exactly 2 greens in regulation, and was a smooth 12 over. Then I think I finally locked onto the reason my irons have been so pathetic for 3 weeks - I realized my head was coming up and out of my iron shots early. I proceeded to hit the last 4 greens in regulation, and left with a bit of hope after what was a pretty hopeless round.

41/35 for a 76. Here's the scorecard:

10%3A1 Scorecard.jpg

Frustrating front nine, and better back nine. I just could not get my tempo settled down and I could not get my hands turned over. I left so many approaches short and right. At the turn I settled down and started hitting greens. They recently punched the greens, so it was incredibly difficult to drop putts over five or six feet in length. Both my birdies were on par fives where I chipped close to the hole from just off the green. It was kinda shocking to look back and see a 35 on the back with two penalty strokes. I hit into hazards on both holes and had to drop. Luckily I was able to minimize the damage.

Date:10/02/11
Condition: Low 50s and steady wind all day long.
Course:Heritage Oaks Golf Course 6324yds par 70 70.2/129

Par 4: 3
Par 4: 4
Par 3: 3
Par 5: 4

Par 34: 31

Par 4: 2
Par 5: 5

Par 70: 64

My best round ever and first round with my new irons and wedges. They work great as I hit 16 greens in windy conditions. Lipped a few birdies out that would of gave me a tie for course record or beat it which is a 63.

My best round ever and first round with my new irons and wedges. They work great as I hit 16 greens in windy conditions. Lipped a few birdies out that would of gave me a tie for course record or beat it which is a 63.

Wow, great round! Those iron's were on fire, congrats on the PB.

Congrats on the low round UNC!

Holy cow UNC - that is awesome!!! Great playing man and congrats!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Damn man, great round. You should try and come down on the 29th for the Virginia get together.

No PB here, not even a great round with how I played a few holes, but I pulled out an ok round considering 3 doubles, 3 three putts and a double click with a wedge, lol. Had the putter been up to the task on the front 9 I could have turned in a solid round yesterday.

On #14, short par 5, great drive just off the fw and a beautiful 3w to 40 yards out, I proceed to chunk a wedge and then double hit the same wedge coming out of the rough, haha. That cost me. On the bright side I hit two birds in a row, one being the #1 handicap hole, so good round all in all.
Golfshot10-01-11.png

No PB here, not even a great round with how I played a few holes, but I pulled out an ok round considering 3 doubles, 3 three putts and a double click with a wedge, lol. Had the putter been up to the task on the front 9 I could have turned in a solid round yesterday.

On #14, short par 5, great drive just off the fw and a beautiful 3w to 40 yards out, I proceed to chunk a wedge and then double hit the same wedge coming out of the rough, haha. That cost me. On the bright side I hit two birds in a row, one being the #1 handicap hole, so good round all in all.
Golfshot10-01-11.png

Nice round Due. Only a couple bad holes, I'd take that any day.

Tap-in Talking

Nice round Due. Only a couple bad holes, I'd take that any day.

Tap-in Talking

Thanks man. The Adams clubs were clicking pretty good for me through this round.

I had 3 birdies on the front today and shot 37 so you can see my round was up and down. I shot 44 on the back and it was a struggle. Played nine more holes on the front and carded two more birdies for a 36. 81 today and then 36 on my third nine which was a good ball striking round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back