Cleveland Releases Black Irons

I cant confirm it as I dont have hte irons, but I wold venture to say yes.

I would think so also as it would not be cost effective to make the different shafts

This just ups the legit-ness of these irons in a huge way. I think I'll have a hard time not choosing them if I am a Cleveland staffer in the MC.

black Miyazaki iron shafts with the Black club heads? Paging Darth Vader, your irons are done.....

This just ups the legit-ness of these irons in a huge way. I think I'll have a hard time not choosing them if I am a Cleveland staffer in the MC.

There is no question at this point that is the way I would go if I repped Cleveland

The computer generated pics of the Black irons are less than impressive to me but if the Miyazaki shafts are stock, I might be first in line to buy a set.

Those shafts are good looking. Might have to smack these around soon.

Now that I've seen the shafts, I am just dying to see the full package of shafts and club head for these! If I get into the MC 2.0, I think these would be my first pick to try out.

I can't wait to see these, with the way the shafts look they are going to be some seriously blacked out irons. At this point I don't see how they wont end up in my bag.

Can't wait to hit these at demo day. If they perform I will own them :)

tapatalk addict....

I am still very eager to see/hit these irons in mid November. Can't wait to find out the prices for the graphite. I could use a little distance

stopped in Golf Galaxy over the weekend and I couldn't help but think of these irons as I walked down the iron wall. I'm looking forward to hearing some early thoughts on these.

Will have a full writeup on them coming later this afternoon.

So today I played the entire round with these clubs and it was an eye opener for me. Two things to get started with before I get to my initial thoughts. I was VERY intrigued by the Miyazaki graphite shafts and I was very scared how I would hit them compared to my Z-Stars. Obviously it has been only one round, but I came away pretty happy. Although I still have some early thoughts that I want to put to rest after a few more rounds.

Pain Free - First thing I want to say is that if anybody struggles with arm pain like I have in the past, graphite could be something to look into (I am not a doctor, please get checked out first). Each time I have played with graphite shafts, I leave the course knowing I could continue playing without any arm pain at all. Something very much intriguing and something that I have always wanted to explore.

Distance - Immediately most think lighter in this case will give more distance. For me the distance was very similar to my regular irons. Lofts are similar and so are lengths, so I was not seeing a huge bump in distance. However I was hitting the ball higher (which I really like).

Dispersion - I was a little nervous with the lighter weight that my dispersion would be an issue. Put to bed by the 3rd hole and certainly by the end of the round. I had no issues with dispersion at all. In fact I was scaring myself to think that these might have been a tighter dispersion, but that could easily be looked at as having a good iron day as well.

Feel - I wont lie, it took some time on the range to get used to the lighter feel here. Not as much as I thought it would, but the first few swings my tempo was out of sync as I was used to the same shafts I have been playing regularly for quite some time. Once I was settled in, the feel is really good. Less vibration and impact "jolts" without any sacrifice in playability and performance.

I came away from today wondering if this is a good move for me shaft wise. My score says it is and my game was working well today. I hit shots when I needed to and never once felt as though the shafts and/or clubs let me down. The big question for me is will it continue or was it a change of pace kind of thing. I think come Wednesday I will know a little more as I get out there for a second time. Right now, color me intrigued.

I have always been curious how the black finish on irons would hold up. Any early wear after one round?

Thanks for that JB! I really cannot wait to see how your continued graphite pondering goes, and you continued trials with these.

Aweseome stuff, mad me watch the video again, so sweet.

I have always been curious how the black finish on irons would hold up. Any early wear after one round?

Just like with their past black irons, the finish is meant to wear and does so.

lets see, similar distance, perhaps tighter dispersion, less vibrations? Yeah I'm intrigued as well by the shafts.

Did you think the irons performed similar to the CG16? Obviously different shafts will give a different feel.

Just like with their past black irons, the finish is meant to wear and does so.

I absolutely love that look

Thanks for the feedback JB. Do you think you'll be able to get these to a vector to compare against the PX graphite shafts? I know right now you're just looking for feedback on these but hoping its something you could do down the road. How close were these irons to the CG16s in term of distance and forgiveness (if its too early to say I understand)?

Great initial thoughts JB. I'm looking forward to how they will perform after several rounds.

Pain free? Sounds like my wrists would love this.

Graphite shafts on irons have always intrigued me, but have always shied away from them as I feel I swing down much harder on my irons than I do a fairway wood or driver, and didnt know how the transitions from steel to graphite would work out for me.

Graphite shafts in irons are becoming increasingly popular, could be a good move.

Thanks for the feedback. Looking for to more information from you as you get more time with them.

Thanks for the feedback JB. Do you think you'll be able to get these to a vector to compare against the PX graphite shafts? I know right now you're just looking for feedback on these but hoping its something you could do down the road. How close were these irons to the CG16s in term of distance and forgiveness (if its too early to say I understand)?

This is something I am very interested in and will definitely be doing once the review is up here.
It is early, but I would say similar to the CG16s (which I loved). However the weighting felt more balanced to me with the graphite. Its hard to put that part into words.

Pain free? Sounds like my wrists would love this.

Graphite shafts on irons have always intrigued me, but have always shied away from them as I feel I swing down much harder on my irons than I do a fairway wood or driver, and didnt know how the transitions from steel to graphite would work out for me.

Graphite shafts in irons are becoming increasingly popular, could be a good move.

Well maybe we can get you to test out a full set this week and report back for these fine folks.

Back