Morgan Cup 2.0 - Is Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hairy I didn't see any bad shots on video. Hawk I send a bro hug

Ask SW about it, I'm pretty sure he was there filming it. We all laughed about it afterwards, it was that bad.

I also remember that CG13 and I halved a par-5 with double bogeys, that was quite a display of bad golf right there. I think we both had about 5 feet for double bogey from different sides of the hole, and we just looked at each other and said something to the effect of "that's good, we've had enough of this hole." Then we went to the next hole and hit good drives and looked like real golfers.

It's ok, Hawk and I are too intents to let it bother us....but we're not in the same tent though

Good point, Hanks. It did happen.

Kevin

I like Bro Hugs. JB does not. Don't get him angry grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ask SW about it, I'm pretty sure he was there filming it. We all laughed about it afterwards, it was that bad.

I also remember that CG13 and I halved a par-5 with double bogeys, that was quite a display of bad golf right there. I think we both had about 5 feet for double bogey from different sides of the hole, and we just looked at each other and said something to the effect of "that's good, we've had enough of this hole." Then we went to the next hole and hit good drives and looked like real golfers.

I'm glad nobody was filming us on hole 2 Sat AM. Not 1 person in our group hit the green on a Par 3 that was only about 125 yards down hill. I skulled it long and OB, Ary was long and left in to some flowery area. CG was left and Coolbreeze was short right in a bunker. It was a great display of serious golf haha

I am a 19 right now, but scoring a little better than that lately, and really want to be in the 10-12 range by this time next year.

I am a 19 right now, but scoring a little better than that lately, and really want to be in the 10-12 range by this time next year.

Yeah, but your TMex is 4.195, which is awesome.

I'm glad nobody was filming us on hole 2 Sat AM. Not 1 person in our group hit the green on a Par 3 that was only about 125 yards down hill. I skulled it long and OB, Ary was long and left in to some flowery area. CG was left and Coolbreeze was short right in a bunker. It was a great display of serious golf haha
HAHA, wow! We had to chip up on that hole too. There would some bad shots all over the place actually, some were hilarious too. Ask JB about his tee shot on 11 in our singles match. We both just died laughing...of course he was laughing during the swing so that's what lead to the shot being so awesome. He still tied me on the hole.....:banghead:

HAHA, wow! We had to chip up on that hole too. There would some bad shots all over the place actually, some were hilarious too. Ask JB about his tee shot on 11 in our singles match. We both just died laughing...of course he was laughing during the swing so that's what lead to the shot being so awesome. He still tied me on the hole.....:banghead:

I apparently made JB laugh before he hit a tee ball and he pulled it way left. As soon as he made contact he just says "that's not even fair"
Damn The Morgan Cup was so much fun, I can't wait for MC 2.0

If the video of my tee shot in the Saturday afternoon round off of the 1st tee is still available, everyone should go watch it. That will show you that people hit bad shots in the Morgan Cup, because I somehow hit the ball off of the inside of the hosel of my driver and it went 20 yards to the left into a bush. That was a really great start to that round!

That's my signature outing shot!

I accept your bro hug and raise you a DPA secret handshake!

I shanked a wedge shot OB on #5 with biggsy. I hit a stout 3wood and just peeled a wedge so far left I still laugh about it. The look he gave me was priceless.

Conversely, there were some awesome shots! Hairy drained 2 massive putts Saturday pm and Jake's near ace was awesome.

I don't keep a handicap but I average in the low 80s. I would like to be averaging 75ish by the MC 2.0. The ultimate goal of course is scratch.

I shanked a wedge shot OB on #5 with biggsy. I hit a stout 3wood and just peeled a wedge so far left I still laugh about it. The look he gave me was priceless.

Conversely, there were some awesome shots! Hairy drained 2 massive putts Saturday pm and Jake's near ace was awesome.

there definitely were some great shots too. CG bombed on on that Par 5 over the water in the first set of matches. I don't know if he intended to hit it on the line he did, but it just carried forever and worked out perfectly for them. I know Esox stuffed a punch of wedge shots close throughout the day. I also saw DD67 hit some great drives on Sunday.

I think JB hit the two best shots of the weekend. Num 6 or 7, on Sat Am. 260y par 4, he got a natural eagle.

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

I think JB hit the two best shots of the weekend. Num 6 or 7, on Sat Am. 260y par 4, he got a natural eagle.

I saw that one from the next tee. Very awesome shot

I remember that one. I was watching from the tee box and SW and I were wondering if he made the eagle putt. It was a great shot.

I don't keep a handicap but I average in the low 80s. I would like to be averaging 75ish by the MC 2.0. The ultimate goal of course is scratch.

Wow... big goals. Dropping 7-8 shots in under 8 months is pretty tough to do. Good luck.

Any discussion of great shots from the first MC has to include TC's 3rd shot on a par 5 on Saturday afternoon. 210 or so out, off a hardpan lie, hits hybrid to 6 feet and then makes the putt. I didn't think he could have gotten it on the green, and he stuffed it in there.

Sent from Tapatalk

I have to say that it eases the mind a bit hearing about some of the poor shots. From watching the video's I just pictured great shot after great shot. Man do I look forward to this!!

Thanks buddy, had that dropped we'd still be there drinking beer! I have been close a few times but I think that's as close as I've ever come.

I have to say that it eases the mind a bit hearing about some of the poor shots. From watching the video's I just pictured great shot after great shot. Man do I look forward to this!!

During my commentary, I talked some of the shots up a little better than they were. There were a couple of shanks and stuff that I said, "missed a little right" or "Came up a little shy of the green." It is hard playing in front of cameras and with the setup, it is not always easy to spot the ball. There is no way I am going to describe a MC'er as shanking one into the bushes or something like that.

We all had bad shots. I shanked on on a par 3, also lost my first tee shot in the match bs JRod (despite only missing the FW by maybe 5y)

JRod hit a drive on number 9 so far right he actually hit it from someone's front yard. Lol. They weren't all good shots.

Biggsy and I also both hit tee shots OB in the AM match, and just conceded the hole.

On #18 on Sunday... I hit my drive into the junk hahahah of the tee. 10 yards in front of me. It was the most forgiving topper I had ever hit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back