What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid round, JB!

Its a very tight course that demands good driving of the ball. Still played 6450 today with wind in our face on all but 3 holes. This was as good a round as I have played in a while. Missed 2 birdie putts inside of 8 feet too.

Not my best round by any means today, couldn't hit a wedge shot to save my life. Shot a 49/44, 93. 4 strokes worse than last time I played Westchase. Could have something to do with the 8 I put up on a par 4?

I hit more trees than I did fairways, but every tree I hit put my ball back in play. My swing wasn't agreeing with me today, but worked trough it and played the back much better than the front.

The Black irons are incredible. Those irons still impress me. The black driver, well, I have to learn to aim straight with it, as I am used to my power fade and this one just goes straight on me.

Nice round out today, score wasn't great, but made improvement from my meltdown front to the back 9.

glad you are still loving the black driver

war.eagle: decently long course into the wind with new equipment and an 8 and 93 is not terrible. Fun playing with that new gear, huh? You just sold me on the driver even more man....lol.

Its a very tight course that demands good driving of the ball. Still played 6450 today with wind in our face on all but 3 holes. This was as good a round as I have played in a while. Missed 2 birdie putts inside of 8 feet too.

Oh joy.

Good shooting in that wind, it's becoming quite annoying.

W.E. I'm guessing you're gonna be very excited come 11/15!

Nice round today JB and that's a heck of a back 9 WE, a better start and you'd be sitting pretty.

war.eagle: decently long course into the wind with new equipment and an 8 and 93 is not terrible. Fun playing with that new gear, huh? You just sold me on the driver even more man....lol.

It's a tricky course for sure, but fun. I was comparing the black irons to the Wilson v2s a bit, going back and forth with them.

Best club of the day for me? Cleveland Niblick.

It's a tricky course for sure, but fun. I was comparing the black irons to the Wilson v2s a bit, going back and forth with them.

Best club of the day for me? Cleveland Niblick.

Good round JB & WE it will be better next time dude. Maybe the wind will behave as it plays tricks with your head. About the Niblick. I have a 42 degree in my bag that I can't live without! I love that thing and use it for all sorts of shots.

edit: I do have to leave out one of my long irons to bag it.

Good round JB & WE it will be better next time dude. Maybe the wind will behave as it plays tricks with your head. About the Niblick. I have a 42 degree in my bag that I can't live without! I love that thing and use it for all sorts of shots.

edit: I do have to leave out one of my long irons to bag it.

Im not too worried about it OG, my time on the course/range has been limited over the past two weeks due to travel and work schedule, things have calmed down a bit so a few range sessions will iron it out for me.

That is solid in the wind, very nice round.

I agree with this 100%, that was a great come back w.e, especially into the wind. I am liking everything I am hearing and reading about the drive myself.

Shot a very so/so 82, hit some very good shots, but could hardly hit a green in regulation. Hit 11/14 fairways and only 4/18 GIR, ouch. Only had 29 putts with no 3 jacks, but the ups and downs were sporatic at best. I still enjoyed the nice day, it was in the 70's when we finished and the folks I played with were super to play with.

Shot a very so/so 82, hit some very good shots, but could hardly hit a green in regulation. Hit 11/14 fairways and only 4/18 GIR, ouch. Only had 29 putts with no 3 jacks, but the ups and downs were sporatic at best. I still enjoyed the nice day, it was in the 70's when we finished and the folks I played with were super to play with.

Sounds like one of my days. 2 months ago I hit 14/14 fairways and 3/18 GIR, lol.

Played a 9 holes par 3 course today, to practice my short game. Made 4 pars and 5 bogeys. Too bad it's getting dark so quick in The Netherlands now, would have liked to play a few more holes....

Good shootn JB +3 on that tight track is a good score. I know it played longer than the card with the breeze.
War eagle nothing worse than expecting a shot that doesn't shot. Glad you hit the Black again. Still needs a smooth cut?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=28.413814,-81.398877

41/42
did i ever mentioned that i hate wind
could not get off the tee to save my life except one hole where i crushed one into the wind in the 230 range
short game was on fiiire too bad i was sticking really close chips/pitches and one putts after duffing it down the rough from the tee
if my long game was on i would have went ridiculously low... dang what a bummer
hopefully tomorrow i can put everything together

I played at Buckhorn Springs in the Tampa area today. I shot a 44/47 for a 91. I played very well for the first 8 holes. I really should have been 1 under through the first two. I three putted the 1st hole for a bogey, and missed a 3 foot birdie on the 2nd. From there on out I putted pretty well, if I had gone to the practice greens I think I would have shaved two strokes off my game, oh well. The wheels fell off for 9-13. I had Two bogeys, two doubles and a triple for those 5 holes. Going 9 over in 5 holes will really ruin a round. I got it back together for 14-18, and ended up with a decent score. Little bit of a bummer because I played much better for most of the day but so it goes.

I picked up a new 3W thanks to SuperTuna, I used it to tee off on the majority of the holes today, with phenomenal success. I was averaging between 240-250 with a 10 yard fade to it. I have been averaging 250-260 lately with my driver, so giving up 10 yards of distance and ending up in the fairway 75% of the time is very acceptable to me. I will be using it plenty until I get my driver back straightened out.

I had a pretty good iron day, I struggled with distance today, left quite a few just off the front of the green, and several more over the back, I think it was pretty windy up above the trees, but we had very little on the ground (pretty sheltered course) so that played a part. But the majority of my iron shots were straight so that was nice.

My short game was pretty good most of the day, but horrid for that 5 hole stretch, that is what killed me more than anything else. The triple came when I sailed my second shot left of the green on a par 4, I walked over to it with my 58, and realized I was much closer to a tree than I thought, and it would be tough to get over it and impossible to get under with a 58. I should have walked back and grabbed a 7 iron and ran it up, but I tried to get over it... didn't work. 2nd chip rolled off the green into a bunker, bunker shot ended up 10 feet away, and I two putted for a triple. Three straight shots with the same wedge does not lead to pretty scores.

Overall a fun day of golf, I really wish I could try those 5 holes over.

Nice work on the FIRs DD! I'll take an 82 any day of the week!
Good shootn JB +3 on that tight track is a good score. I know it played longer than the card with the breeze.
War eagle nothing worse than expecting a shot that doesn't shot. Glad you hit the Black again. Still needs a smooth cut?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=28.413814,-81.398877
I really like the Black driver, as I think in a few weeks a lot of people will as well. Just have to give it a smooth swing, try to put too much on it and I get a miss. Went to the range this afternoon and hit driver for a while just working on keeping my swing nice and smooth, ironically it's probably the best I have ever hit my Superfast. I had one of those "aha" moments on the range this afternoon, realized I had been to tight with my swing, just have to keep it loose and smooth.

41/43 with 2 doubles on the back...not a bad round for me. Even made a birdie.:joy:

46 on a par 36 today. Stupid mental errors led to 7 bogeys, 1 par, and a triple (all in that exact order).

3 hole of the day videos forthcoming tomorrow.

Tappin' from my iPad!

shot 85 today. 2 triple bogies, 1 double, aside from that i played pretty well. take away those 3 holes and i could have been in the 70's. oh well. next time

shot a 84 on a par 72. No birdies, but no double bogeys or worse either. though I did have a superb flop from about 20-30 yards out that was about 2 feet from the cup! Just got the 5W I ordered from Divot.com's deal of the day after I got home. Looking forward to hitting it at the range tomorrow.

also shot a 42 on the front 9 (+6) on Monday. Need to stop the mental collapses!!

day and night rounds for me: last wed shot a 94 in the rain/wind at Willow Crest GC, yesterday shot a 112 at Seven Bridges. Though I did break my previous score at seven bridges (such a tough course for me)...

42/43
today just plain sucked
i lost a billion balls in the leaves
the wind is ridiculous and there was no way to judge distance/direction cuz it was swirling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back