What are you reading?

I just finished The Hunger Games Trilogy and Sex on the Moon.

They are getting ready to come out with the Hunger Games movies. The entire series was pretty good from beginning to end and I stayed caught up in it. I like the series of books especially after they have been out for a little while and I can read them all at once.

Sex on the Moon is by Ben Meznich. He wrote the Accidental Billionaires (Movie = The Social Network), Bringing Down the House (Movie=21). It was a cool true story about a NASA Intern that got into trouble around 2000. I will probably go back and read some of his previous books. Maybe this one will get made into a movie next.

Looking for suggestions on the next read. My Nook is empty. I may have to read some classics.

I read the Hunger Games books and I really liked them a ton. I will be interested in seeing what the movie is like. Have you read the Game of Thrones books? Also, I read a great book by Laura Hillenbrand called Unbroken.

Just finished " A Course Called Ireland" pretty fun read. In the middle of "Mystery" by Johnathan Kellerman

I read the Hunger Games books and I really liked them a ton. I will be interested in seeing what the movie is like. Have you read the Game of Thrones books? Also, I read a great book by Laura Hillenbrand called Unbroken.

I will check into both of those. Thanks Dr. Teeth

Currently reading "World War Z" by Max Brooks.

Yeah, I keep hearing as much. Kinda sucks, but I ain't shelling out 15 bucks to read it. Especially considering it is a kindle version.

There was a standard size paperback when the movie came out, so it was $7-ish. Maybe you can track a copy down. Well worth the read!

Mankiw&Taylor - Economics

"The Devil in the White City" by Erik Larson

I think I'm going to be addicted to Larson, history novels? Yes please.

Waiting for the new John Sanford book to come out. Probably have to buy it because the waiting list at the library is 200 plus.

Started A Dance with Dragons. I forgot how cool these were since it's been like 20 years since the last book in the series.

Kevin

Really liked it, filled in a lot of the Gaps from A Feast for Crows

The Rainbow for english class. Not a bad book. Very interesting and odd.

The Rainbow for english class. Not a bad book. Very interesting and odd.

Is that by D.H. Lawrence? If it's the one I'm thinking of it was pretty racy for it's time

Is that by D.H. Lawrence? If it's the one I'm thinking of it was pretty racy for it's time

It is and it sure was. It was banned in England just weeks after it was published. It didn't come back for about 20 years. The writing style is so odd.

ve been wanting to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Anyone read it or it's counterparts?

ve been wanting to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Anyone read it or it's counterparts?

I read each one and they are all really great books! They keep you hooked from beginning to end. Hope you enjoy them!

Gotta find a copy first. Need to make my way to the city and a decent bookstore.
I read each one and they are all really great books! They keep you hooked from beginning to end. Hope you enjoy them!

Gotta find a copy first. Need to make my way to the city and a decent bookstore.

Finding a used one should be easy. There're only about 70 million in print. The movies were unbelievable. I generally like to read a book first, but didn't in this case. I had a college professor who used to say great books rarely make great movies, but mediocre books can make great movies. Sophie's Choice being one exception. These movies were so feakin' good that I'm concerned I would be disappointed by the books.

I am positive I'll be disappointed by the new American version of the movie.

Kevin

I'm reading back through the first 3 books of the Eragon series (Eldest and Brisingr follow) because the last one's coming out on November 8. I love those books.

I'm reading back through the first 3 books of the Eragon series (Eldest and Brisingr follow) because the last one's coming out on November 8. I love those books.

You can't. You're 18 now. That's a series for kids.

Kevin

Finding a used one should be easy. There're only about 70 million in print. The movies were unbelievable. I generally like to read a book first, but didn't in this case. I had a college professor who used to say great books rarely make great movies, but mediocre books can make great movies. Sophie's Choice being one exception. These movies were so feakin' good that I'm concerned I would be disappointed by the books.

I am positive I'll be disappointed by the new American version of the movie.

Kevin

WHen you guys are done with those books could you please review the Nancy Drew series for me?

That would be more your speed. The Larsson books would be a bit much for you.

Kevin

That would be more your speed. The Larsson books would be a bit much for you.

Kevin

Wayyyy over my head. I just finished with the Hardy boys and thought I would try a slightly more difficult book.

Just started reading Zen Golf. So far its a great book about the mental side of golf and I feel like implementing some of the practices Ive read in the book seem to be helping me to get myself out of my own way.
On Tuesday I shot a 25 on a local par 3 course. Its been a long time since I had that much confidence in my swing and was able to swing so freely and easily.

What's the verdict on Zen Golf? I've read (ok listened to audio versions) a couple Rotella books and I really liked them. Wanting something new to help with my mental game.
Right now I'm reading, yeah actually reading, Dave Pelz Short Game Bible.

On my own I've been reading Golf is Not a Game of Perfect by Bob Rotella. For my English class I have to read a book independently each marking period that is from the AP list....any suggestions?? Please don't say Heart of Darkness because it is simply awful (dry and anticlimactic)

For the actual class, I've read "After Apple Picking" "Out, Out --" "Home Burial" and "White Phosphorous" recently....who knows what she'll throw at us next...

Back