Wilson Staff DXI Superlight Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Wilson Staff has a new driver coming soon. Its the DXI Superlight and if its as good as the last model of DXI, I think they might have a winner on their hands.

I'm a fan of the lightweight woods. It seems like a good shaft offering and the Dxi was a solid driver already. Can't wait to swing this one.

I love the opening quote, "Effortless swing, maximum distance."

That looks really nice actually other than possibly the W/S logo on the face. I will be giving this club a test drive for sure as I think W/S is coming out with some of the best products in the game right now.

I do love the look of the blacked out face. Not a huge fan of the design on it, but that's pretty minor. The grip is pretty sweet looking. It will be very interesting to see how this holds up against the competition that is out right now.

I will be interested to see if this performs like the previous one

I do love the look of the blacked out face. Not a huge fan of the design on it, but that's pretty minor. The grip is pretty sweet looking. It will be very interesting to see how this holds up against the competition that is out right now.

Its intriguing to me, the video basically said everything that I have been thinking with the Black driver. Same general concept, I guess.

• Admin
I will be interested to see if this performs like the previous one

I think it was at the Windermere practice facility with you, TC, biggsy and myself that you and biggsy were absolutely bombing the last version.

That is a pretty solid looking driver. I like the shaft they went with and from everything they say and based on the looks I think they'll have a solid driver here. I can't wait for THP Demo Day to try this thing.

Solid looking driver right there. I wonder how it compares to the Cleveland Black because of the lighter weight.

I think it was at the Windermere practice facility with you, TC, biggsy and myself that you and biggsy were absolutely bombing the last version.

thats correct....well, Biggsy was. I still dont know why he hasnt bought one

Id give it a few swings. I think it looks pretty good.

thats correct....well, Biggsy was. I still dont know why he hasnt bought one

He gave us his honest feedback. He said for him, it was about the branding and he was completely honest about it. At the time he was a pretty brand loyal guy. Not sure if that is still the case or not.

I really like the look of this thing...it looks deeper then most drivers but not oversized.

Wow - I think this looks pretty good. Definitely interested in hitting it. 4 grams heavier than the Cleveland Black and the Matrix shaft should provide a great engine for that head. 46 inches...so same as the black.

Only thing I don't like is that I feel like they put it at 269 just to get under the 270 of Cleveland to make the lightest driver claim which obviously will not last for long with the Black coming out.

Regardless, I will still consider this if it is out when I go to hit the Black. Release date yet?

wow I can't wait to try that out. I loved the DXI line of woods. Really like the sound of the lighter weight.

I haven't liked any of the superlight clubs I have hit so far, but this one looks nice. I would like to give it a shot.

Looks like the price point is $299 so that will give it an advantage on the Black possibly for the same targeted audience. 450cc also so not quite as big as what some of us are accustomed to.

I wish I knew more about the Matrix line. From what I'm seeing the Ozik XCon 4 series is a super lightweight high launcher.

I haven't liked any of the superlight clubs I have hit so far, but this one looks nice. I would like to give it a shot.

Ironically your driver in your bag is quite light as well. Not 265-270 light, but not heavy.

Ironically your driver in your bag is quite light as well. Not 265-270 light, but not heavy.

JB, you've seen me hit it, you know that is not likely to make me want another one. My driver is very much on the chopping block. I don't need more clubhead speed, I need more control. I feel like I can control a club with a little more heft to it a little better.

JB: I know you said coming soon in your initial post so is it safe to assume that you don't have an actual date yet? I could not find a date on their site either.

JB: I know you said coming soon in your initial post so is it safe to assume that you don't have an actual date yet? I could not find a date on their site either.

I dont have the actual date as of yet, but I look forward to when it is...hehe

I wish I knew more about the Matrix line. From what I'm seeing the Ozik XCon 4 series is a super lightweight high launcher.

I love Matrix as a company. They take R & D so seriously it would blow your mind. What I especially like is that they always seem to have a flex for everyone. You know how we're always talking about the gap'ing in our golf bags? I feel like they're the experts of gap'ing when it comes to shaft flexes. I'm not as learned in the Xcon series as I am the Radix series but what they pump out best, imo, is a shaft that offers consistency.

I love Matrix as a company. They take R & D so seriously it would blow your mind. What I especially like is that they always seem to have a flex for everyone. You know how we're always talking about the gap'ing in our golf bags? I feel like they're the experts of gap'ing when it comes to shaft flexes. I'm not as learned in the Xcon series as I am the Radix series but what they pump out best, imo, is a shaft that offers consistency.

Excellent. Thanks for the info. I want to hit it. Drivers like this aren't going to be for everybody's swing, but they seem to work pretty well for mine.

Back