Hole of The Day: Video Edition

I've tried to get a lesson in the Rope hook me Jesus shot and he's not really offering them up but I've studied him doing it and it's amazing and effective all at the same time. You definitely had the right idea, you could see the ball hooked almost exactly the amount you wanted too, just needed to get it up in the air. What club did you use?

It was a 5 iron. You could not tell from the video but the ball was not on a flat lie. Actually had a little raised area on the left which kept from solid contact I think. Will definitely video the next attempt....I am off the fairways often enough!

Rope Hook Me Jesus! That is the best shot ever invented! I have used it a few times with varying degrees of success including hitting the green a couple times.

Here is the second (and last) hole that I filmed yesterday. Every single shot was pretty bad....

I wish I could hit those little snap hooks....They would really come in handy....

And back atcha with the putter kudos, Cookie.... :act-up:

It was a 5 iron. You could not tell from the video but the ball was not on a flat lie. Actually had a little raised area on the left which kept from solid contact I think. Will definitely video the next attempt....I am off the fairways often enough!
The shot you were trying to his is super tough with a 5 iron. I probably would have used like an 8 or a 9 and delofted the hell out of it and put it way back in my stance. Not that I know what the hell I'm doing, but that's what I would have tried anyway. We don't have trees so I never have to do that very often.

The shot you were trying to his is super tough with a 5 iron. I probably would have used like an 8 or a 9 and delofted the hell out of it and put it way back in my stance. Not that I know what the hell I'm doing, but that's what I would have tried anyway. We don't have trees so I never have to do that very often.

Good info - thanks! And seeing where the worm burner ended up if I would have caught it good it was flying over the green and into the water. Glad I mishit it on purpose. :D

"short game sucked on this hole.....thanks for watching." Ha-Ha

Gonna be able to escape for a couple of hours tomorrow after work so going to try and do my first video hole of the day at our course.

Short par three about 140ish with a PW, played a draw on it and just knew it was a great shot...

Thanks for sharing Cookie....Wish I could hit the RHMJ....now if you need a RSMJ I can definately show you that one :rofl:

TC1, wow!! Very nice, but you didn't show yourself making the putt!!!! Finish that thing off right!

Like how it's getting dark in the evening but the sky is still light and you can see the golf ball when it takes off. Good stuff.

Short par three about 140ish with a PW, played a draw on it and just knew it was a great shot...

Great shot TC1...that's okay, we'll give you the 2 footer for birdie! :clapp:

TC1, wow!! Very nice, but you didn't show yourself making the putt!!!! Finish that thing off right!

Like how it's getting dark in the evening but the sky is still light and you can see the golf ball when it takes off. Good stuff.

Thanks guys. I forgot my putter cover or else I would have!
It really was the best shot of my day, beautiful weather too

Nice holes Bama! Good to hear that the E6 was about a club longer for you! Thanks for sharing.

While the E6 is straighter and longer, it does not have the stopping power of my Penta. Trying to decide if the tradeoff is worth it for my game...

Nice videos Bama!! I like your swing - you have a nice smooth tempo. Thanks for sharing with us! Oh, and nice putter. :D

I hit the ball so much more consistently (not necessarily longer), when I Swing Smooth.....Thats why I am thinking of getting one of these:
original.png

And Seemores' are the only way to go!! :banana:

I expect nothing less from a fellow lefty....:bananadance:

Great Shot!

I expect nothing less from a fellow lefty....:bananadance:

Great Shot!

Thanks, now we just need TC to get better :act-up:

Very nice TC1; heck of a shot. I will have 2 from today up either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Nice stuff there chosen, tap it in with one hand next time

So I used that Targus ultralight tripod for my videos the first time around. Fit very well in my umbrella holder.
In an effort to try a different, more efficient method when I walk, I came up with this....
1/4" x 20 threaded rod (2"), nut and flat washer.... It sits very flat on my Clicgear. Might have issues if I need to tilt it, but at a whopping 37¢ investment, I figured it was worth a try....

IMG_9837_DCE.jpg

IMG_9838_DCE.jpg

IMG_9839_DCE.jpg

That looks awesome Bama

That is a setup bama

Ill be out tomorrow gona try and get a couple holes recorded

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Good stuff Bama. I was looking at this after we were discussing tripods last week. I also had the tilting concerns.

Was trying to find a way to mount the tripod tilt onto a thick dowel rod that would slide into the umbrella holder but kinda stopped since I am fairly content with my setup and like the worm cam on the green.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Good stuff Bama. I was looking at this after we were discussing tripods last week. I also had the tilting concerns.

Was trying to find a way to mount the tripod tilt onto a thick dowel rod that would slide into the umbrella holder but kinda stopped since I am fairly content with my setup and like the worm cam on the green.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Ok, Im curious, whats a worm cam?

Ok, Im curious, whats a worm cam?

Just like setting the camera behind the hole at or near the ground and watching the ball approach. Check out my vids from earlier today for examples. :D

Tappin' from my iPad!

Back