Cobra ZL Encore Driver

Get that camera out Chas!

Get that camera out Chas!

will do, wont be as good as JB`s pics, but i will give it a go, off to the range in 10 mins to give it a hit.

will do, wont be as good as JB`s pics, but i will give it a go, off to the range in 10 mins to give it a hit.
Hope it treats you well.

ok first some pics
461239ed.jpg

0ee202a4.jpg

c6416384.jpg

just back from the range and to be honest i prefer my supertri, now i don`t hit well from the rubber tees anyway as i find them too low as i like to use a high tee. I will get a better idea on performance when i get it out on the course at the weekend. I was pretty straight with it but i did not seem to bomb many drives at all. If i managed to demo the club before i bought it which i like to do i probably would not have bought it. I have it now and will stick with it for a while to see if it grows on me.

Nice pics Chas. Interested to see if it grows on you. I'm not a fan of hitting off of rubber tees either. Perhaps some on course testing will change your mind.

Thanks for the pics, chas. Bummer that it didn't work as hoped because it's just spectacular looking. Hopefully you see some better results on the course. If not, you can unload it pretty easy I bet.

I hate rubber tees too chas. Never hit well off of them. Hope it works out for you. Stunning looking driver Cobra has here...

yes some on course testing at the weekend will hopefully be better. I might even keep it untill the new season starts and play for a bit with it before i decide to get rid of it or keep it. The good thing is the official launch in the UK is not untill next year so i should get most of my cash back if i sell. It all depend on what taylor made do with the r11, i am hoping for an r11 supertri

yes some on course testing at the weekend will hopefully be better. I might even keep it untill the new season starts and play for a bit with it before i decide to get rid of it or keep it. The good thing is the official launch in the UK is not untill next year so i should get most of my cash back if i sell. It all depend on what taylor made do with the r11, i am hoping for an r11 supertri

That could be interesting.....

I got my hands on one of these at the store today. They unfortunately hand't received the demos yet, so I didn't get to hit it. The sales guy offered to tape one up, but since I'm pretty sure I won't get along with the shaft, I didn't want to make him do that.

I really don't care for the all white all that much. The head looks good, but have white head, white shaft, and white grip, it was really just too much for me. It's too bad they had to puke all over the black one after sipping on some highlighter fluid. That one looks great from address if it wasn't for the yellow patch on the shaft.

i went back to the range and i had a better session with the zl encore. I had to change my set up to get the best results with it and when i did i was getting better ball contact. With my supertri i had to ground the driver behind the ball before taking my swing to get the best results, but with the zl encore i have to hover the driver behind the ball to get the best results. Will try again at the weekend to see how i get on.

Nice set up Chas....how are you adjusting to the white shaft/white crown look? For me it almost looks like there's too much of that for my eye at address.

i went back to the range and i had a better session with the zl encore. I had to change my set up to get the best results with it and when i did i was getting better ball contact. With my supertri i had to ground the driver behind the ball before taking my swing to get the best results, but with the zl encore i have to hover the driver behind the ball to get the best results. Will try again at the weekend to see how i get on.

Interesting....why do you think it helped you to hover it rather than ground it?

Interesting....why do you think it helped you to hover it rather than ground it?

I switched to hovering the driver for a while this season and it worked. Took a while to figure out why. It was because I had changed the face angle to slightly closed, and when I grounded the club, I regripped and unwittingly closed the face while swinging! Wonder if it's something similar.

Nice set up Chas....how are you adjusting to the white shaft/white crown look? For me it almost looks like there's too much of that for my eye at address.
i like the white goes with my white bag lol

i have no idea, i hate hitting off rubber tees and when i ground the club at the range i dont seem to get a good contact with the ball, it feels as if the bottom of the club is hitting the tee as as swing through and the ball seems to hit near the top of the face. If i hover it i feel i can sweep the ball better and don`t touch the tee and the ball seems to hit nearer the middle of the club. I might get a different result when i can test it on the course and use my bigger tees.

had my first go on my course with the zl encore and so far i am happy, on a few holes it was further than my supertri and on others it was about the same. Not getting any run so it will be better in the new season. Was hitting a few different balls and i got the furthest distance and best strikes with the prov1x and srixon zstar x which are firmer balls and i dont normally hit them too well. Out again tomorrow so will see how i go then

had my first go on my course with the zl encore and so far i am happy, on a few holes it was further than my supertri and on others it was about the same. Not getting any run so it will be better in the new season. Was hitting a few different balls and i got the furthest distance and best strikes with the prov1x and srixon zstar x which are firmer balls and i dont normally hit them too well. Out again tomorrow so will see how i go then

Glad its working better for ya chas. Equal and some better distance is always a good thing.

Glad its working better for ya chas. Equal and some better distance is always a good thing.

much happier now, i think when the new season starts and the fairways firm up and i get some run i think i could get about another 10-15 yards run

Glad to hear that this is starting to work out for you.

I hit this at a demo day today. I hit a well, the ball flight was a little higher than I would have liked, but I was hitting it pretty straight. It wasn't my favorite that I hit, but I would definitely give it another shot.

I really wish the Cobra had skipped the highlighter yellow on the shaft.

I hit this guy yesterday. I was very pleasantly surprised. I really like the Motore shaft. I thought that the stock grip was nice a touch. I have the New Decade Multi Compound on my current driver. I thought the face was really forgiving. Needless to say, this is near the top of my wish list for 2012.

I love the look of this driver, even though I've never been a huge fan of Cobra. I have to wonder how this might perform as is, or switched out to a Miyazaki blue in my case or the white Kusala as many seem to be having success with? This white grip looks sick right now, but give it a week of use and good luck.

Should have 2 more rounds with this one this week as well as a public range testing for some golfers and we will have some good feedback for everybody soon.

Any final results o review on this driver?

Any final results o review on this driver?

Review coming up soon on the home page. We are also giving one away in the next few days.

Back