Taylormade TR3 True Path Putting Aid - THP ReviewTaylormade TR3 True Path Putting Aid

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a neat little product that just arrived from Taylormade called the TR3 True Path. It's designed to help you groove a consistent stroke and works for both the SBST and arced strokes. So far, it's already been pretty fun to try out and I'm excited to be reviewing it. It's already taught me a few things. Stay tuned for a review over the next few weeks.

DSCF2369.jpg

DSCF2368.jpg

DSCF2372.jpg

That's a cool little idea. Looking forward to seeing how it works. Seems like it could improve a fair amount of people's putting!

• Staff
Be interesting to see the review- PS like the gamer!!

That's funny. So do I! haha. I think it might be a good way to keep my stroke in check because I'm often guilty of taking a good thing (slight arc) and overdoing it (big old arc). The nice thing is that it's fitting in well with the other things I'm working on at the moment.

Neat looking aid. Few questions for your review as you go through it:

Does the shaft rub the aid?
Does the head hitting the aid cause any damage to the finish?
Should this work with a belly putter?

Thanks!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Is the width adjustable?

• Staff
Neat looking aid. Few questions for your review as you go through it:

Does the shaft rub the aid?
Does the head hitting the aid cause any damage to the finish?
Should this work with a belly putter?

Thanks!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

1. No it doesn't.
2. It shouldn't as the 'arms' are a smooth plastic and the putter is metal. A video I watched said the putter should stay in contact with the arms.
3. I can't say for sure, but I don't see why not. It works for both types of strokes - arced and SBST - and it's small enough not to be obstructive.

Is the width adjustable?

It is. You can also use only one arm or even use it on the green without the black base. The arms attach with magnets and also have hole for anchoring with a tee.

Looking forward to seeing more on this one, Hawk. I would imagine that this aide along with the RST would really help develop a consistent putting stroke.

Well, that was quick - thanks man!

Tappin' from my iPad!

This could be cool. I have seen multiple devices that do this sort of thing but never tried one out. Currently have been using the iPing app and that has help me monitor my stroke. Is this type of device designed to help muscle memory and give you the feel for the proper stroke?

I think that's the purpose, Howzat. I was hitting putts from 7 feet with my eyes closed using it. I'm hoping that a ton of repetition makes for some good things next season.

I think that's the purpose, Howzat. I was hitting putts from 7 feet with my eyes closed using it. I'm hoping that a ton of repetition makes for some good things next season.

It is going to be fun following along with your progress. It seems like if it works it should shave a few strokes.

If it does work, I'll be happy. I see it as something that could be part of the bigger picture of improving my putting stroke. The main thing I'm lacking is consistency with my stroke.

This looks like a really great aid Hawk and I look forward to seeing how it works for you.

Wow that looks like a really cool product and I like the fact that you can use the arms alone on a green and keep them "anchored" with tees. I think this could really help my putting. I can't wait to hear more about this product.

Do you by chance know the retail price? (note: I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet)

I saw it online from $40-50. It comes with a little carrying bag as well.

Thanks. That's not bad at all. I was expecting around $100 which would definitely scare me away. I could see paying $40, I could definitely use the help!

For a TM training aid, I think it's pretty nicely priced.

Neat little device. Hope this works for you!

Nice!! I was just looking at something like this called the Putting Arc. This seems pretty similar. And like you I very easily go from nice small arc to way too much arc. I can't wait for your review!

i got this a few months ago only had a chance to use it a little bit so far but i plan on using it a lot this winter to work on getting a more consistent putting stroke. interested to see what you think Hawk.

I picked up one of those last Spring on the advice of my teaching pro. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to set it up for an arced swing, though. I was too embarrassed to ask my pro about it.

1. No it doesn't.
2. It shouldn't as the 'arms' are a smooth plastic and the putter is metal. A video I watched said the putter should stay in contact with the arms.
3. I can't say for sure, but I don't see why not. It works for both types of strokes - arced and SBST - and it's small enough not to be obstructive.

It is. You can also use only one arm or even use it on the green without the black base. The arms attach with magnets and also have hole for anchoring with a tee.

Now that's a great putting aid. Might have to give this a look see

I picked up one of those last Spring on the advice of my teaching pro. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to set it up for an arced swing, though. I was too embarrassed to ask my pro about it.

Rusty - one of the arms is very slightly curved. That's the one you want the heel of your putter to touch. Its pretty subtle.

Sent via Tapatalk

Pretty nice, looks like lots of adjustable features to it. Can't wait to hear more hawk.

Back