Chevron World Challenge (Spoilers)

Tiger won the tournament. Fantastic. He was clutch when he had to be.

The biggest thing I took from it, Zach Johson may be my new favorite golfer. Such a class act and a grinder. Would have loved to see him make that birdie on 18. Just because it would make SeeMore look even better.

And leave those shoes on.

Kevin

For sure. It might be in his Nike contract that he has to leave them on when doing, well, you know.

No doubt that there were good players there, but not the same as winning any tour event in my opinion.

Just trying to be realistic, but not many are as happy as I am that Tiger won.

Definately not, though I'm one to think that the competition ddsn't matter as much here. We saw the clutchness that used to be there.

I watched it on and off to be able to post in this thread so the opinions were balanced. lol.

Kevin

hahaha. balance is good.

Fair and balanced. hahaha.

That's Fox News. Which is just as laughable.

True story - a university study found that Fox News viewers were less informed than people who watched no news.

Back on Topic - I want a FGB blade because of Zach. Seems like a smart purchase.

True story - a university study found that Fox News viewers were less informed than people who watched no news.

Back on Topic - I want a FGB blade because of Zach. Seems like a smart purchase.
Except that study was funded by MSNBC! hahaha

That putter was gorgeous. I loved the look of it, especially the finish. And he had a pink headcover. Beast.

We will ABSOLUTELY NOT, have this thread turn into a political discussion.

I really enjoyed the post win interview Eldrick gave as well. He seemed more.. well... human.

I like Tiger so obviously I am happy, but to all the haters he won a tournament. You can say what you want about it being a weak field, but he beat 4 of the top 10 and 11 of the top 25 in the world. That isnt to shabby.

He finally put together 72 holes of pretty darn good golf. It is good for the sport if Tiger is winning anyways so if you hate him or you like him this should be seen as a good thing

My walks in from the gym and says, 'who cares' and turns on Ice age the melt down. Back to reality....hehe

Good job tiger.. now AK n Fowler need some wins ;)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I like Tiger so obviously I am happy, but to all the haters he won a tournament. You can say what you want about it being a weak field, but he beat 4 of the top 10 and 11 of the top 25 in the world. That isnt to shabby.

He finally put together 72 holes of pretty darn good golf. It is good for the sport if Tiger is winning anyways so if you hate him or you like him this should be seen as a good thing

I agree with everything said here. Good win for Tigger.

tumblr_ltdq5vkNXN1r48t0bo1_500.gif

I caught the final 4 holes today. There was some great golf being played for sure. I'm still not sure about Tiger's wedge on 16, but holes 17 and 18 reminded me of the old Tiger for sure. Those were some very clutch shots/putts regardless of field size. I'm sure he was feeling the pressure and now he must feel at ease a little more. No more questions about his future and when/if he will win. He know has a solid month to continue to practice and work on putting. I think 2012 is a huge year for golf.

A bunch of folks on THP with PHD's - Playa Hating Degree's. Good win Tiger!

Good job Tiger! Welcome back old friend!

For the record, I never once said the game of golf needed to be saved. I simply stated that Tiger winning, and having an awesome year next year will benefit ALL things golf, this forum included. When Tiger isnt winning, or is irrelevant, golf struggles to be seen or heard. Tournaments with Tiger in them generate a ton of buzz, even when he plays poorly, as seen in numerous tournament threads. Great and exciting tournaments without Tiger dont get near as much action on the forum. Action on the forum is good no? Why would any of you want otherwise? Especially the ones who felt the need to mock me.

For the record, I never once said the game of golf needed to be saved. I simply stated that Tiger winning, and having an awesome year next year will benefit ALL things golf, this forum included. When Tiger isnt winning, or is irrelevant, golf struggles to be seen or heard. Tournaments with Tiger in them generate a ton of buzz, even when he plays poorly, as seen in numerous tournament threads. Great and exciting tournaments without Tiger dont get near as much action on the forum. Action on the forum is good no? Why would any of you want otherwise? Especially the ones who felt the need to mock me.

Agreed, whether you like him or not, Tiger being good is good for the game of golf. Unless you think golf being popular is a bad thing. I guess the pace of play would improve.

Sure seems like he has a little bit of confidence in his game back after Australia. Will be interested to see if it carries over into next season. I won't say he is back until he wins a couple next year.

No one mocked you, only misquoted you. It was for fun, and if this little bit bothered you, you are really going to get your feelings hurt if you get into MC 2.0 and have to deal with the trash talk there. Your boy was doing well, and we weren't happy about it. Your post was an easy target.

Back