True Temper Blackbird Shaft

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
If you received the January issue of the THP Newsletter today then you saw that True Temper has new shafts coming out for 2012. Below are some additional pictures from what you saw in the newsletter. We are currently working on reviews for these shafts so stay tuned to the forum and homepage.

i-jZJKnrj-L.jpg

i-GsRq2Ck-L.jpg

i-8MdL6QV-L.jpg

i-HnFZLTn-L.jpg

i-v9kVS2G-L.jpg

i-JgKRRCj-L.jpg

That looks awesome!

I agree that is one badass looking shaft.

It's in xstiff as well. What are the characteristics of this shaft?

It's in xstiff as well. What are the characteristics of this shaft?

This is what I was wondering^^^^^

• Admin
This is what I was wondering^^^^^

From the newsletter: The Blackbird is currently available in Cobra's Long Tom driver. The new Blackbird shaft is the ultimate in speed and distance. The shaft is long and light at 47" raw length, producing maximum peak trajectory and club head speed. Featuring Grafalloy's proprietary Speed Coat technology, Blackbird is designed to deliver maximum trajectory for ultimate distance.

Guys all of the information is in the newsletter that was received this morning. It takes GG a long time to put these together, please check them out.

I think this looks great in the long Tom driver. I liked how it felt when testing that driver a few weeks ago. I'm intrigued

Did you receive the THP newsletter? All the info is in there. : )

I did. I guess I didn't read every single word. Thanks for putting the information concerning this shaft in this thread though. I think it's useful.

That is one mean looking shaft. Next stop is to check out the newsletter. I love all the new shafts coming out.

The black looks awesome with the gray writing!! Can't wait to hear more about these!!

I definitely like the all-black look. I don't know why, but the matte black look just looks awesome to me, like a stealth look. I definitely don't think I'd ever want to play a 47" shaft so I would have to cut it down, but this shaft is definitely something I would want to try out.

This is a super-sexy shaft. This would look unbelieveably good in certain heads IMO. Either way it looks fantastic.

I wasn't expecting them to release this shaft - true temper must have something good on their hands to not keep it exclusive to a designed application.

If you received the January issue of the THP Newsletter today then you saw that True Temper has new shafts coming out for 2012. Below are some additional pictures from what you saw in the newsletter. We are currently working on reviews for these shafts so stay tuned to the forum and homepage.

i-jZJKnrj-L.jpg

i-GsRq2Ck-L.jpg

i-8MdL6QV-L.jpg

i-HnFZLTn-L.jpg

i-v9kVS2G-L.jpg

i-JgKRRCj-L.jpg

Thanks, GG, for writing about this in the newsletter. I am interested in hearing the thoughts on these once they are put through the ringer. Thanks for all the info.

Pretty sure this is the one in the Long Tom right??

This would look badass in a Machspeed Black.

This is the part of the description that I like the most as I tend to hit the ball lower than most people Blackbird is designed to deliver maximum trajectory for ultimate distance

I do like the looks as JR said above, it is badass for sure.

I really want that shaft. It just looks sick.

Awesome Shaft! I'd love to take a cut at the demo day.

Great looking shaft, love the flat black look it has.

Back